Ammo and firearms

silent death

4 minutes ago, sbuff said:

Never ever seen it like this. Not only ammo try finding a gun that's not three times what it was 7 months ago 

Try finding a varmint ar15 upper I was looking for a heavy barrel 20 or 24 inch upper I swear they have dissapeared off the planet everyone I find is out of stock

26 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

Not buying the excuse these couple of suppliers put out .

Not sure who you are talking to but if it was directed at me then you need to do a search and see what you find in stock anywheres ..I did find one but that one upper was the cost of a whole rifle 

Edited by silent death

19 minutes ago, silent death said:

Not sure who you are talking to but if it was directed at me then you need to do a search and see what you find in stock anywheres ..I did find one but that one upper was the cost of a whole rifle 

He was referencing the big ammo companies like Hornady, that put out videos saying stuff about the lack of ammo, and how they are trying to produce more and that more people are buying it as there are now more gun owners. Its surely a load of BS. No way that every single store in 100 mile radius is either sold out, or selling what they have for triple the price. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, silent death said:

I have this varminter upper.   Very accurate and in stock.  I like round enough from an accuracy perspective (and that’s it’s plenty for both deer and yotes) that I am building a second 6.8 upper.   

https://www.stagarms.com/stag-15/stag-15-uppers/stag-15-upper-halves/stag-15-super-varminter-upper

but once you add in cost of a 6.8 bcg and charging handle you are in the 650-700 range.   Not sure your price range.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I have this varminter upper.   Very accurate and in stock.  I like round enough from an accuracy perspective (and that’s it’s plenty for both deer and yotes) that I am building a second 6.8 upper.   

https://www.stagarms.com/stag-15/stag-15-uppers/stag-15-upper-halves/stag-15-super-varminter-upper

but once you add in cost of a 6.8 bcg and charging handle you are in the 650-700 range.   Not sure your price range.  

Was just looking for a 223 heavy barrel varmint upper in 20-24" to throw on my S&W .I wanna stay with 223 or 5.56 mainly because of my ammo supply ...otherwise I wouldnt care the caliber of the upper I hear my own cousin complain all the time because he cant find 300 blackout or 450bm ammo ..that's the problem with the exotic uppers unless you reload you are screwed

Edited by silent death

40 minutes ago, bfahy13 said:

He was referencing the big ammo companies like Hornady, that put out videos saying stuff about the lack of ammo, and how they are trying to produce more and that more people are buying it as there are now more gun owners. Its surely a load of BS. No way that every single store in 100 mile radius is either sold out, or selling what they have for triple the price. 

Then again... we went thru a lack of toilet paper for months.... and try finding cans of Lysol....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, silent death said:

Was just looking for a 223 heavy barrel varmint upper in 20-24" to throw on my S&W .I wanna stay with 223 or 5.56 mainly because of my ammo supply ...otherwise I wouldnt care the caliber of the upper I hear my own cousin complain all the time because he cant find 300 blackout or 450bm ammo ..that's the problem with the exotic uppers unless you reload you are screwed

I understand.   6.8 is easier to find than 223 right now but still hard.   

I just stopped in a place near me that sells gun safes, normally they have a ton on the floor. They had 3. The guy told me they are getting harder to get now. His comment was that there are a LOT of new, 1st time gun owners this year and they all want somewhere to keep the gun and ammo they really didn't even want to buy.  Makes sense I guess, just like the CEO of Federal said, 7 million new gun owners this year, if every one buys 100 rounds that's 700,000,000 rounds they didn't expect to produce, and people are buying a lot more than 100 rounds.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

I understand.   6.8 is easier to find than 223 right now but still hard.   

Up here you can barely find anything. And most places are limited to 1 or 2 boxes a person and theres a couple shops that wont sell u ammo at all unless u are buying a firearm

Edited by silent death

3 hours ago, bfahy13 said:

This ,and you can’t find anything in this whole country .I have people in other states looking for me as well .I check online everyday for months now 

After joking that I had been carrying around the same 3 shells for 3 years..Buddy and I drove around to most of the local shops within a 50 mile radius on Saturday. Both looking to pick up what ever we could find for our guns. I bought 4 boxs for my 300 win mag ,2 for the 22-250, and he found some 7-30 .

There wasn't any 270, 6.5 creedmore, 308, or 22lr to be found.  It is  pretty slim pickings. 

Still cannot find any large magnum rifle primers or gun powder. Unless I wanted to spend big bucks and buy a large quantity off gunbroker.

14 minutes ago, luberhill said:

Some of my ammo is 20 yrs old !

I only have , 357 rifle and hand guns, 20 gauge shotgun, .22 rifle and pistol , 30-30 and 243

So I don’t need a ton of different ammos

20 years that's  nothing I got 50 year old ammo laying around lol every year a buy a little more then I shoot  it adds up   plus stuff  from  my dad and grand dad . 

Edited by phantom
  • Like 2