blackbeltbill

Good With The Rifle...

3 strikes and you're out ! 

• Haha 2

97.3% of statistics are made up
To Err is Human - To Forgive Divine 

Neither of which is Marine Corps Policy !

1 hour ago, Grayson Everett said:

Bad Luck !

I'm sure the shooter wants to think that, but 3 three shots all to the left, points at something else.  Bad luck is hitting a branch in the bullet's path.  

• Like 1

maybe the scope got hit on the way to the blind........I agree I don.t think it was the shooter.

• Like 1

he probably just got buck fever and   jerked the trigger .

Edited by phantom

I know buck fever is a terrible thing for some.

One of my favorite stories (doesn't involve me.)A friends dad  shoots at a nice buck  3 times. That is what he says as he tells the story. 

"  But  dad I only heard 1 shot".        At his feet are 2 unshot shells and 1 spent casing. He shot once and just racked the others through.. And this is a guy with over 40 years of hunting under his belt...Luckily for him the 1st shot hit him and he recovered the deer..

I won't tell any of my archery stories ..With a gun , I'm like a stone cold sniper.. with a bow.. Not so much..;)

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ncountry said:

I know buck fever is a terrible thing for some.

One of my favorite stories (doesn't involve me.)A friends dad  shoots at a nice buck  3 times. That is what he says as he tells the story. 

"  But  dad I only heard 1 shot".        At his feet are 2 unshot shells and 1 spent casing. He shot once and just racked the others through.. And this is a guy with over 40 years of hunting under his belt...Luckily for him the 1st shot hit him and he recovered the deer..

I won't tell any of my archery stories ..With a gun , I'm like a stone cold sniper.. with a bow.. Not so much..;)

I'm just the opposite ,my bow shots are solid and comfortable, my gun shots turn me into a bumbling jack wagon. 

• Like 1

This is a true story confirmed by the uncle in the story. I guy I know shot a big buck, his first, opening day when he was just out of high school with a Rem 1100 his parents bought him for graduation. He approached the deer and in celebration,  proceeded to wrap the sling over the deer’s antlers then called out to his uncle. As his uncle  approached, the deer jumped up and ran off. Neither the deer nor shotgun were ever recovered. Fearing his parents would be mad at him, his uncle bought him a new shotgun that same evening. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, GreenDrake said:

This is a true story confirmed by the uncle in the story. I guy I know shot a big buck, his first, opening day when he was just out of high school with a Rem 1100 his parents bought him for graduation. He approached the deer and in celebration,  proceeded to wrap the sling over the deer’s antlers then called out to his uncle. As his uncle  approached, the deer jumped up and ran off. Neither the deer nor shotgun were ever recovered. Fearing his parents would be mad at him, his uncle bought him a new shotgun that same evening. 

crazy, imagine some other hunter tagging that buck and getting a free shotgun with it

• Like 2

My cousin told me he shot a mule deer that had another hunters tag in its ear lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

8 hours ago, suburbanfarmer said:

crazy, imagine some other hunter tagging that buck and getting a free shotgun with it

Would see that and think.....uh oh are the deer now shooting back??

• Haha 1

no matter what...it was the hunter. Poorly sighted / mounted rifle, lack of rifle practice, excitement, etc. I am thinking inexperienced. the deer had already stopped when he hit the grunt tube.