Ice Fishing

SilentStalker

18 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Took a ladder and a lack of brains but I finally got out on a local trout lake. ea2f94ad86fc826f30201fb02c89147a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow,  look at the spots on that rainbow..It reminds me of the wild leopard rainbows that I caught while hunting in the Alaska wilderness....They were prettiest, and by far the best tasting rainbows I have ever eaten...Never been too keen on local rainbows, either lake run or stream, but those Alaska rainbows were delicious...

Of course the SURROUNDINGS may have had something to do with it....Cooked on the coals of a campfire 500 miles from the nearest road...  In that environment, probably a DOG TURD would have tasted good.....Hehehe...

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 3

Wow,  look at the spots on that rainbow..It reminds me of the wild leopard rainbows that I caught while hunting in the Alaska wilderness....They were prettiest, and by far the best tasting rainbows I have ever eaten...Never been too keen on local rainbows, either lake run or stream, but those Alaska rainbows were delicious...
Of course the SURROUNDINGS may have had something to do with it....Cooked on the coals of a campfire 500 miles from the nearest road...  In that environment, probably a DOG TURD would have tasted good.....Hehehe...

Best part about this spot is I’m 100yds from a bar with great burgers and a young lady serving cold beers with front bumps that will make a fella drool!

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Huge disappointment, they were out of burgers and the lady tending bar was older than Pygmy!

Thanks for the update....I had just gassed up the truck and was ready to roll...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Best part about this spot is I’m 100yds from a bar with great burgers and a young lady serving cold beers with front bumps that will make a fella drool!

I am going to need those coordinates.  I will bring a ladder too! 

Back to the ladder......was that to get from the shore to safe ice?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

The public access has a neighbor with an ice eater blowing across the small setback where the access is. 6-8” of ice on the lake and on shore but 20yds off shore there is a open section 10ft wide.

The ladder worked great going out but wasn’t as effective on the way off. It ended up being a cold wet ride home.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Got out on a little local lake with[mention=1547]treeguy[/mention] today and we had a blast. Caught 50+ gills. His setup is sick! I need a flasher like I need air to breathe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'd say minimum 50 each, and not feel like I'm bloating the numbers. Great day !

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Got out on a little local lake with[mention=1547]treeguy[/mention] today and we had a blast. Caught 50+ gills. His setup is sick! I need a flasher like I need air to breathe

Flashers definitely help. Get a vex

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

I doubt I'll spend the money for a couple times a year but will keep my eyes open for used

That's how I got mine. A buddy of a fishing buddy of mine had two and sold me one

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I doubt I'll spend the money for a couple times a year but will keep my eyes open for used

Get a Hummingbird Helix 5 or 7 All season package.  You need a new fish finder on your boat so you can zero in on those gills in the weeds and you’ll have the ice transducer too.  

https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.com/fish-finders/ice/ice-helix-5-chirp-gps-g2-all-season

Edited by Otto
  • Like 2