Ice Fishing

SilentStalker

• 3 weeks later...
On 21.02.2021 at 02:25, wolc123 said:

Один 12-дюймовый окунь наконец-то наткнулся на маленького фальшивого китайца, ловящего на джигу Rapala на закате. Этого могло бы хватить для ан-хау сэндвича. Надеюсь, еще несколько появятся завтра утром.

20210220_181640.jpg

It's a shame when I spent more than I caught

2 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I always loved those last days when you could sit out there in a T shirt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I always went naked...Gave me one more jigging pole... Of course that was when I was MUCH younger...

• Like 3

Had a few good weekends lately out on sodus/port bay. Not a ton of jumbo perch but a few and lots of keepers. Caught on minnows. Caught about 50 Keepers each trip out between 4 of us. We threw that many back probably as well. They always look smaller in the pot lol. After this warm up i think im done for the year. We’re  having a fish fry Saturday to enjoy some fruits of out labor.

D03B7715-9070-44B0-A1E5-B2462CB22977.jpeg

Edited by SpacemanSpiff
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Not a fisherman to be seen on Oneida Tonite .   At least on the east end that I could see.  Thinking it's over here except for a crazy or two that try it. 

It’s supposed to get cold and then firm up the next couple of days.  But I would be worried about runoff and areas near shore.  There is a lot of ice in the middle of the lake, just getting there may be tricky!

• Like 1

Not a fisherman to be seen on Oneida Tonite .   At least on the east end that I could see.  Thinking it's over here except for a crazy or two that try it. 
I drove through sylvan beach today, I didn't see any either, that ice looked like it was going quick! There were some guys out of Chapman park this morning.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Otto said:

It’s supposed to get cold and then firm up the next couple of days.  But I would be worried about runoff and areas near shore.  There is a lot of ice in the middle of the lake, just getting there may be tricky!

Every day and eve the lake has been full of shanties and fisherman. Tonite not a soul off Lewis pt.  Not even a couple. 

Heard a bunch of huge cracks opened up by Chapman park.  Rain Tonite and 50's tomorrow and windy. Dunno if it will recover from that..... High sun now everyday gonna be tough to stay together. 

Reminds me of summer when you see all the boats running for Sylvan beach you know a storm is coming. Lol

Pic from oneida lake Diehards by Oneida lake Marina. 

FB_IMG_1615507809867.jpg

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ice is done on Oneida .  Heard 5 people went thru today.  And that cold front just went thru and wind opened up spots all over and ice is breaking and piling.  Lewis point opened up all by shore and anyone out is gonna have a hard time getting back dry.  That crazy wind here just did it in for the season I think.  

1 minute ago, mlammerhirt said:

Some people are tricked headed....now these fire fighters are putting themselves at risk.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Every year it happens.  I always thought they should be charged $500 if rescued off the ice. But can't charge for rescuing people that do stupid things.  Too bad cause the fire Dept here would be rolling in cash. They have a hovercraft just for these things. 

It's crazy out there. Toad harbor, Oneida shores, Chapman park, all have ice rescues going on right now.  Wind came up 40 mph and broke ice off and people can't get back to shore. 

This is the local recovery guys they do some nice work. And have a challenge with this one. https://www.facebook.com/triplettowingservice/videos/905816556852558/

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Ice is done on Oneida .  Heard 5 people went thru today.  And that cold front just went thru and wind opened up spots all over and ice is breaking and piling.  Lewis point opened up all by shore and anyone out is gonna have a hard time getting back dry.  That crazy wind here just did it in for the season I think.  

Hope everyone gets out safe.  You were right, that ice went fast.  This wind and strong sunshine didn’t help.  Won’t be long and you can put your boat in though!! 

Just now, Otto said:

Hope everyone gets out safe.  You were right, that ice went fast.  This wind and strong sunshine didn’t help.  Won’t be long and you can put your boat in though!! 

Yeah it's scary.  I don't think anyone thought the wind was supposed to be that strong.  Hopefully they get them ok.  Floating out there on a large ice chunk but they should be able to get them with air boat or hovercraft. Happened this year faster than I can remember. 

And yes can't wait to be on open water.  Maybe pickup boat next weekend 

Well now that it's almost " Ice Out " everywhere I keep looking for the guys whom post on Craigslist about getting rid of their Ice Fishing Gear .... it's about that time !
Tons of ice fishing gear on the Buffalo/Rochester area Craigslist.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 1