Best ground blind ?

luberhill

Not sure any have silent zippers. especially once snow or ice gets on them. 

I am partial to the Barronett OX. I like the room and the long slot style window. Heavy duty fabric and enough room for 2 hunters and gear. Easily can bow hunt from it. I can just about stand in the center and I'm 6-4". only complaint is I wish the door was a tad bigger. 

• Like 1

You looking for one for bow hunting??  I dont use a blind for bow hunting since I use a climber.   But for gun hunting we use home made ground blinds.  Have them scattered all over the areas we hunt.  Find them a lot easier that being confined inside  a blind all day

Edited by boo711

I had a doghouse blind yrs ago. For the life of me, I couldn't fold that thing up. It was freezing out, and my patience was fading as fast as the feelings in my fingers. Busted the thing and in the trash it went.   

So what did I get for Xmas this year? Yep....a doghouse blind. It was promptly returned.  Lol. 

• Like 1

After two unexpected snowfalls destroyed the poles in my pop-up blind I decided to build this instead.  It's 6x6x6, and it only cost me about $200 (pre covid lumber prices).  Everything touching the ground including 2 ft. of plywood is treated.  This pic was taken before we camo painted it.  If you are looking to settle in one place and never worry about your blind being stolen, this is your game plan.

Blind.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mowin said:

I had a doghouse blind yrs ago. For the life of me, I couldn't fold that thing up. It was freezing out, and my patience was fading as fast as the feelings in my fingers. Busted the thing and in the trash it went.   

So what did I get for Xmas this year? Yep....a doghouse blind. It was promptly returned.  Lol. 

Figure eight fold. I've got a couple of those doghouse blinds and experienced the same frustration. Then one day it folds right up and you almost can't do it wrong anymore.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Figure eight fold. I've got a couple of those doghouse blinds and experienced the same frustration. Then one day it folds right up and you almost can't do it wrong anymore.

I should have practiced in my yard before putting it out. Looking at the instructions in subzero weather, and trying to figure it out was the wrong move. 

• Like 1

I have 2 rhino  blinds and a primos .  Have 10 plus on the primos its big . Well built never had an issue. 2 rhinos  one season.  Heavey snow  took both down popped one of the legs out of the hub . Easy fix . The other had 3 anchor tabs ripped out of the bottom . I think it was the thinner material that gave out on the tent .  The rhino blind cost a little more than 100 bucks . The primos was 300.20201223_114531.thumb.jpg.09988b47fb60f376a8f5d037ed3174a0.jpg

Primos blind on the right. 

Edited by Nytracker

3 hours ago, mowin said:

I fold mine in two seconds 

Had had a few over the years. Had a dog house and another figure 8 fold up that I had a few wrestling matches with over the years. Those have both long been gone.
As of recent I have been using a Cabela's blind(windows stink), a cheaper Ameristep that is now retired. The poles have been repaired a few times and it has its fair share of rips is still great for a backup.
Also have a new Rhino 150....awesome blind and worth every penny. Last but not least I picked up a 3 man Ameristep silent brick house on clearance the other day at Walmart for 62.00.....was a deal I couldn't pass up and will be great for myself and two young boys this turkey season.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, mlammerhirt said:

Had had a few over the years. Had a dog house and another figure 8 fold up that I had a few wrestling matches with over the years. Those have both long been gone.
As of recent I have been using a Cabela's blind(windows stink), a cheaper Ameristep that is now retired. The poles have been repaired a few times and it has its fair share of rips is still great for a backup.
Also have a new Rhino 150....awesome blind and worth every penny. Last but not least I picked up a 3 man Ameristep silent brick house on clearance the other day at Walmart for 62.00.....was a deal I couldn't pass up and will be great for myself and two young boys this turkey season.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Ahhh I always hunt alone, this Doghouse is plenty big enough,, and I can hold it in seconds ,

The loud zippers is my only complaint