Remington Coming Back To Life In Ilion Ny

19 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Coumo cant really affords to let too many more outfits and residents leave ,he might just be forced to work with them.

I agree, but I really don't think he cares about anyone leaving. He says it's because of the weather. I often wonder if he has truly brainwashed himself into really believing that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

This very much surprises me but is a step in the right direction.  The arms plant is vital to the survival of Ilion, NY   There's not much else there or even close by.  

As Anti as Andy is, that's going to have to put some screws to him to aid with tax perks and incentives.  Plus that facility is likely a Brownfield.  I would love to see what efforts shield new company from that environmental liability.   

This is far from a done deal.  I'm seeing a lot of concessions that aren't on the union's agenda. 

Starting with "Employed at Will"

And I'm sure new company isn't looking to pay for passed earned benefits such as vacation. 

How are the 200 being picked.  Seniority?  I bet not.  More on skill set that would allow them to minimally staff. 

But I love the history of this facility and they did make quality guns for most of their duration.  I'm sure they have many skilled craftsmen capable of regaining a share of market.  My 870 is old dependable.  Never failed me.  Even in freezing rain.  Just had to rack it.

I really hope they find a way to work this out to mutually benefit.  I only way I see that happening is by to give on all sides and not just a squeeze play by one side.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

They won't be open long, if the states,gun laws,don't destroy them the.unions demands,will get rid of the union  offer a,decent wage /benefit package without the union ,and it may succeed 

• 2 months later...

Just an update on the new Remington company now called  ---   RemArms .     Looks like the comeback is going to be at a snails pace . Field and Stream interviewing the new CEO of RemArms  

https://www.fieldandstream.com/guns/remington-reveals-plans-for-new-guns/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR1gRdROEhN_-NkRXlVWG5sJKZYtdYwJmfoFkEyiPcliCbWnZBLEX32IugI

• Like 1

Friend bought a new 783 and couldnt eject the round after he shot. Had to take it to a gun Smith  and have it rebored. Works decent now after he paid double what the gun was worth lol. Hope they have better quality control this time around. 

On 2/26/2021 at 12:46 PM, TLR said:

They won't be open long, if the states,gun laws,don't destroy them the.unions demands,will get rid of the union  offer a,decent wage /benefit package without the union ,and it may succeed 

Maybe offer safe working conditions ,unions push for safety more then money and benefits. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

maybe "use to" but now they are all political and nepotism. 

The one i work for strongly enforces safe work practices , i know of many guys who were sent home home for the week for not following safety proto

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

The union sent them home or the employer? 

The employer sends them home , if the union is going to demand safe working conditions and the employee isnt following those safety standards they get sent home . It costs a company money to ensure safe conditions so of course they'll send a guy home for not following the safety rules.

You do not need unions for safe working conditions lol. Ever hear of OSHA? Any unsafe condition can be reported to state or Federal levels. Also if you do not operate safely your insurance premiums go through the roof! Unions offer very little benefit in this day and age. My brother worked for New Process the stupid stories he would share as well as other friends who held union positions. His line would go down and instead of being able to help somewhere else the Union dictated they sit there and do nothing but get paid. Tons of stupid shit like that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

You do not need unions for safe working conditions lol. Ever hear of OSHA? Any unsafe condition can be reported to state or Federal levels. Also if you do not operate safely your insurance premiums go through the roof! Unions offer very little benefit in this day and age. My brother worked for New Process the stupid stories he would share as well as other friends who held union positions. His line would go down and instead of being able to help somewhere else the Union dictated they sit there and do nothing but get paid. Tons of stupid shit like that.

I'm not arguing with you about something im positive i know more about then you. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

Maybe offer safe working conditions ,unions push for safety more then money and benefits. 

yes thank god the Teachers union is keeping them safe.  lol 

back in the 20s and 30s before OSHA -yes - nowadays no way.  Ever look into the SEIU tactics ?  and how about CSEA which has become so expensive it cant afford itself and pensions and benfits have burdened everyone in NY?  all of them are very powerful and are about $ - period.  Most of them helped force business to go overseas.  New Process gear as Fletch mentioned was one of them. Ive heard those too - $28 an hour jobs 15 years ago for putting together transfer cases and refuse to take a pay cut to save the company. and a pay cut was still overpaid.  

are their reps that look into safety - sure - but these are not needed these days for workplace safety.  There are hotlines, OSHA, and an oversight for most every type of business practice these days. etc etc.   

Unions are more for pay increase and connections these days. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I'm not arguing with you about something im positive i know more about then you. 

LOL ok I only manage 35 production plants across the country. But carry on young sir. I'm rooting for you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1