Remington Coming Back To Life In Ilion Ny

23 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

yes thank god the Teachers union is keeping them safe.  lol 

back in the 20s and 30s before OSHA -yes - nowadays no way.  Ever look into the SEIU tactics ?  and how about CSEA which has become so expensive it cant afford itself and pensions and benfits have burdened everyone in NY?  all of them are very powerful and are about $ - period.  Most of them helped force business to go overseas.  New Process gear as Fletch mentioned was one of them. Ive heard those too - $28 an hour jobs 15 years ago for putting together transfer cases and refuse to take a pay cut to save the company. and a pay cut was still overpaid.  

are their reps that look into safety - sure - but these are not needed these days for workplace safety.  There are hotlines, OSHA, and an oversight for most every type of business practice these days. etc etc.   

Unions are more for pay increase and connections these days. 

8 percent of my employers costs is for payroll . 

5 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

then you are in a very small club.  or overhead is out of the universe high?  lol 

It's a UAW shop , ive worked some small shops that didn't give 2 shits about employee safety , air quality or contamination.  I was never a fan of unions or union shops my whole career ,now that i'm getting older i realize the importance of these things . I am not a fan of the union protecting the lazy A holes . 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

It's a UAW shop , ive worked some small shops that didn't give 2 shits about employee safety , air quality or contamination.  I was never a fan of unions or union shops my whole career ,now that i'm getting older i realize the importance of these things . I am not a fan of the union protecting the lazy A holes . 

most of the larger unions i have been in basically the reps were more ready to get rid of the constant complainers than the management.

54 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

most of the larger unions i have been in basically the reps were more ready to get rid of the constant complainers than the management.

I swear theres guys who work harder to do nothing then if they just did the job they were assigned

• Like 2

Worked for many places non union. Got worked to death for shit pay and benefits. Now im in a union shop and i get worked to death for awesome pay, benefits.  Ill stick to the union shops. Oh and its probably 70% republicans to lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lucky118 said:

Worked for many places non union. Got worked to death for shit pay and benefits. Now im in a union shop and i get worked to death for awesome pay, benefits.  Ill stick to the union shops. Oh and its probably 70% republicans to lol

exactly- pay and benefits.  Not safety of the workers.  Unions role has changed - they are there to negotiate wages and benefits - the days of needing them for safety reasons are gone. Companies have to keep up safety wise or be litigated or during audit/inspections be written up, fined or shut down by oversight.  

6 hours ago, Lucky118 said:

Just look at the Amazon drivers pay and benefits vs unionized UPS drivers . 

I was a union member close to 30 years, a house steward most of those years, I can say with certainty, health and safety was our biggest concern  ( my biggest raise ever was 4% once or twice ,zero a few times ,2% being average ) . There has been many safety changes and programs implemented over the recent years because of the Union . The city doesn’t give a rats ass if we get hurt or  die, there’s a list of new people to hire at starting pay and a lower retirement tier as well .

Edited by Nomad

28 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Just look at the Amazon drivers pay and benefits vs unionized UPS drivers . 

I was a union member close to 30 years, a house steward most of those years, I can say with certainty, health and safety was our biggest concern  ( my biggest raise ever was 4% once or twice ,zero a few times ,2% being average ) . There has been many safety changes and programs implemented over the recent years because of the Union . The city doesn’t give a rats ass if we get hurt or  die, there’s a list of new people to hire at starting pay and a lower retirement tier as well .

wasnt it the firefighters union?  I can certainly see that it woudl be and should be.  I am betting thats prob one of the better unions.  My experiences with them have been terrible, but mine have all been different unions.  I was in one where they put the worst worker as the uniion rep cause he didnt get nothing done in the field so he wasnt slowing them up made him the union rep.  lol. 

56 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

exactly- pay and benefits.  Not safety of the workers.  Unions role has changed - they are there to negotiate wages and benefits - the days of needing them for safety reasons are gone. Companies have to keep up safety wise or be litigated or during audit/inspections be written up, fined or shut down by oversight.  

I guess im grateful to work for a union that also lobby's for safe working conditions then, since no other unions seem to care about worker safety.

On 5/7/2021 at 8:21 AM, Jeremy K said:

I guess im grateful to work for a union that also lobby's for safe working conditions then, since no other unions seem to care about worker safety.

Dead union members don't pay dues so im sure thats not true lol