This Is What Your NRA Thinks Of NYS

7 minutes ago, Trial153 said:

Wayne and his cronies skimmed and stole enough from the membership finally. They should be served with indictments for the financial malfeasance. Freaking thrives. They will never get another dime from this life member and benefactor

Whenever I ask young gun owners if they belong to the NRA, the response is always no.  After discussing why with them, I have come to understand that the younger generation of gun enthusiasts feels the same way about the NRA as they do the Federal government. A bunch of corrupt old folks stealing, cheating, and lieing.  In fact, they cannot understand why anyone still belongs since gun rights have done nothing but erode over time. 

• Like 3

Unfortunately like just about any large organization there is no Term Limits on the Leadership ! People get comfy in their positions ( Congress , Senate , Any Political Position , Unions , Corporations ) and get people to believe that without their leadership all hope is lost . The younger generation sees that !

• Like 1

Which gun rights group do anti-gun leftists fear and attack the most?  There's a reason for that.  There are only 5 million members in the NRA and how many gun owners in the US?  100+ million?  If they were all NRA members, no anti-gun leftist seeking election would ever dare say anything against the 2nd Amendment.

If the NRA needs change in your eyes, you need to be in it to change it.  If the members demand the board fix something, it will get fixed.

Any gun owner that attacks the NRA is playing right into the hands of the gun banners.  They want the NRA gone because it is so effective at stopping their attacks.  No, it doesn't stop all of them, but lots of them, especially at the federal level.  It would need a lot more money to stop all of them and that money must come from members.  They don't get money from anywhere else.  The anti's do.

NY has been attacking the NRA for years now trying to bankrupt them with legal fees.  Why wouldn't they leave this state?  Besides, everyone else is.

Gun owners attacking the NRA will never make any sense to me.  No matter what their beef with the NRA might be, without the NRA, they will see far more to beef about from the government.  There is no foresight in them.

Edited by Grouse
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Statement from the NRA on the issue.

The plan aims to streamline costs and expenses, proceed with pending litigation in a coordinated and structured manner, and realize many financial and strategic advantages.

You know that our opponents will try to seize upon this news and distort the truth. Don’t believe what you read from our enemies. The NRA is not “bankrupt” or “going out of business.” The NRA is not insolvent. We are as financially strong as we have been in years.

But they know today’s announcement makes us bigger, stronger and more prepared for the fight for freedom.

We are leaving the state of an attorney general who, just a few months ago, vowed to put us out of business through an abuse of legal and regulatory power. In fact, the gross overreach of the New York Attorney General and New York Governor has been resoundingly criticized by powerful national groups like the ACLU and a host of prominent legal scholars.

Subject to court approval, the NRA is pursuing plans to reincorporate in the State of Texas. The Lone Star State is home to more than 400,000 NRA Members and the site of our 2021 Annual Meeting being held in Houston.

Texas values the contributions of the NRA, celebrates our law-abiding members, and joins us as a partner in upholding constitutional freedom.

Under this plan, we seek protection from New York officials who illegally abused and weaponized the powers they wield against the NRA and its members. You can be assured the Association will continue the fight to protect your interests in New York – and all forums where the NRA is unlawfully singled out for its Second Amendment advocacy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grouse said:

Which gun rights group do anti-gun leftists fear and attack the most?  There's a reason for that.  There are only 5 million members in the NRA and how many gun owners in the US?  100+ million?  If they were all NRA members, no anti-gun leftist seeking election would ever dare say anything against the 2nd Amendment.

If the NRA needs change in your eyes, you need to be in it to change it.  If the members demand the board fix something, it will get fixed.

Any gun owner that attacks the NRA is playing right into the hands of the gun banners.  They want the NRA gone because it is so effective at stopping their attacks.  No, it doesn't stop all of them, but lots of them, especially at the federal level.  It would need a lot more money to stop all of them and that money must come from members.  They don't get money from anywhere else.  The anti's do.

NY has been attacking the NRA for years now trying to bankrupt them with legal fees.  Why wouldn't they leave this state?  Besides, everyone else is.

Gun owners attacking the NRA will never make any sense to me.  No matter what their beef with the NRA might be, without the NRA, they will see far more to beef about from the government.  There is no foresight in them.

Grouse, I cannot disagree with the above.  However, are the NRA (board) asking themselves why only less than 5% (using your numbers) of gun owners belong?  What are they doing about it?  Is the NRA losing or gaining membership (I suspect losing)? You know the public education system is anti-2A and teaches that the NRA is evil and wrong about the 2A.   What is the plan for dealing with that?  I feel that all they do is preach to the choir (members).  How are they going to get all these young gun enthusiasts to want to join? 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DoubleDose said:

Grouse, I cannot disagree with the above.  However, are the NRA (board) asking themselves why only less than 5% (using your numbers) of gun owners belong?  What are they doing about it?  Is the NRA losing or gaining membership (I suspect losing)? You know the public education system is anti-2A and teaches that the NRA is evil and wrong about the 2A.   What is the plan for dealing with that?  I feel that all they do is preach to the choir (members).  How are they going to get all these young gun enthusiasts to want to join? 

The NRA went from 3 million to 5 million during the Obama years.  I expect it will rise again under Biden. 

The board knows they are having trouble recruiting because of leftist propaganda, anti-gun and TV media as well as the entertainment industry in general, horrible shooting scenes that are more a problem with the current American culture than gun ownership and a negative mindset among gun owners about their effectiveness, which is only reported to NRA members in their own press releases, as the media refuses to report the accomplishments in the news.  Basically, the NRA is the target of a decades long smear campaign.

The NRA has no ability to do anything with the public education system and must work to counter the propaganda indoctrination there with it's own information and word of mouth campaign.  They don't preach to the choir.  They inform their members what is going on at all times, rally the troops to vote and write letters to their elected officials and tell them what battles they are fighting and which ones they have won.

The problem is, only the members get the info and are effectively informed.  Non NRA members never get the truth and constantly get the anti-gun and anti NRA propaganda.  The NRA will have trouble recruiting any members, of any age, as long as the smear campaign keeps running.  And that smear campaign is financed by unlimited funds in the hands of the government taken from us taxpayers.  The NRA's funds are limited tremendously by it's membership.

Sadly, the government is winning this battle and by the time most gun owners realize what has happened it will be to late to reverse the problem.  In truth, the NRA is the best hope of success when it comes to preserving our 2nd Amendment rights.  All pro gun groups are needed, but the NRA is the biggest and most feared by leftists.  Attacking the NRA is supporting the anti-gun scheme.

If you hate the NRA, they don't want you as a member.  But if you side against them, you are promoting the demise of your own rights.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Grouse said:

What part of they are turning their back on NY is hard to understand?

Don't give me that bullshit about "If you don't pay or aren't a member." either. It's just filler noise! I don't have to give a hooker money to know it's a risk not worth the reward.

If they aren't backing your home state and you give them money it's no different then buying a car you can't drive. It's nice to look at but it's as useful as boobs in a briar bush. Why would anyone give money to an organization that isn't truly looking out for their best interest? Then again, it's your money, do what you want.

The proof is in the pudding, and the pudding has been sour for a long time here in NY.

I posted their intentions, and they need to change the name to BRA. Bureaucratic Rifle Association, because they aren't stepping up for the whole nation anymore.

• Like 3

I been around long enough to know that without the NRA gun ownership as we know it today in this country would not exist.

No cut and run for me, a lifetime member here and I will stick with and proudly support the NRA till the end. Another check will be sent out them this week. The leadership problem will be taken care of and fixed!

Al

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DirtTime said:

What part of they are turning their back on NY is hard to understand?

Don't give me that bullshit about "If you don't pay or aren't a member." either. It's just filler noise! I don't have to give a hooker money to know it's a risk not worth the reward.

If they aren't backing your home state and you give them money it's no different then buying a car you can't drive. It's nice to look at but it's as useful as boobs in a briar bush. Why would anyone give money to an organization that isn't truly looking out for their best interest? Then again, it's your money, do what you want.

The proof is in the pudding, and the pudding has been sour for a long time here in NY.

I posted their intentions, and they need to change the name to BRA. Bureaucratic Rifle Association, because they aren't stepping up for the whole nation anymore.

They are not turning their back on the gun owners in NYS.  They are turning their back on the leftist government in NYS.  The NRA is a national organization and they fight anti-gun laws at the federal and state level in all 50 states.  They aren't a local gun club.

They are headquartered in Fairfax, VA not in NY.  They were incorporated in NY in 1871 and their first range was in NY.  They are only re-incorporating in Texas because NY is harassing them.  Texas is begging to get them.  Notice how the states with the least amount of anti-gun laws have the most NRA members?  That's the reason.  Low NRA member states include NY, NJ, CT, CA and Mass.  They have the worst gun laws. Coincidence?

I'm not giving anyone BS.  Leftist elected hacks are, and apparently some people are taking it.

The NRA is fighting gun laws in NY as much as they can, but NY is throwing more gun laws at them then they can take to court.  They write the laws faster than the NRA can sue them.  The NY anti-gun legislature is fast (look at the overnight SAFE Act) but the courts are slow.  Leftists know that and use it to their advantage.  Is their anything these leftists don't ram down the throats of the opposition in NYS?

BTW, NY has not won any of their cases against the NRA. They are bankrupting them with legal fees. The NRA settled on the NY "Carry Guard" insurance case to avoid crippling legal fees in a lawsuit that would've taken years to win.  It was insurance to pay your legal fees when you get charged in a legal self defense shooting while legally carrying a firearm or defending your home. NY doe not have a "stand your ground" law.  NY called it "murder insurance".  So now they can go after someone who legally exercises their right to self defense and run up their legal fees until they are found not guilty, making sure they punish them for owning and legally using a gun to stay alive.

The NRA is stepping up for the gun rights of every citizen in the nation, even those who don't support them, just as they always have.  Anyone who doesn't know it, doesn't know the truth.  Being ignorant of the truth is understandable, with all the propaganda being aired on the subject.  But spewing ignorant hate and not wanting to know the truth is truly sad.

Edited by Grouse

10 hours ago, eaglemountainman said:

As an aside, I know that there are other groups that advocate for the second amendment. Any recommendations here, as to which ones do meaningful work in an effort to preserve our rights, and are worthy of my/our membership money.

Gun Owners Of America.

Many “ gun “ guys have left the NRA, in recent years , as they felt they compromised to often , sold them out , and didn’t fight some battles they should have .

Most went to GOA .

Im a Life NRA member , as well as GOA . I’ll put up with Wayne’s suits , as historically they are the big dog in the room . Much of their power had come from the sheer number of members ( votes ) , in each Congressional district .

Edited by Nomad

13 hours ago, Trial153 said:

Wayne and his cronies skimmed and stole enough from the membership finally. They should be served with indictments for the financial malfeasance. Freaking thrives. They will never get another dime from this life member and benefactor

You apparently do not realize these are all unfounded accusations that have never gone to court, been proven in a court of law or allowed to be challenged by the accused.  It's sad you believe them and have turned your back on an organization that still fights for you.

More from the NRA

NRA supporters will continue to enjoy all their full member benefits – from new members to Life Members to Benefactor Members. We will continue to publish and deliver your magazines. We will continue to train Americans and teach them firearm safety. We will continue to teach hunter safety. But most importantly, we will continue to fight for your freedom and the freedom of all Americans – as we have for all these years. In fact, we are expanding our national platform.

The plan aims to streamline costs and expenses, proceed with pending litigation in a coordinated and structured manner, and realize many financial and strategic advantages.

You know that our opponents will try to seize upon this news and distort the truth. Don’t believe what you read from our enemies. The NRA is not “bankrupt” or “going out of business.” The NRA is not insolvent. We are as financially strong as we have been in years.

But they know today’s announcement makes us bigger, stronger and more prepared for the fight for freedom.

We are leaving the state of an attorney general who, just a few months ago, vowed to put us out of business through an abuse of legal and regulatory power. In fact, the gross overreach of the New York Attorney General and New York Governor has been resoundingly criticized by powerful national groups like the ACLU and a host of prominent legal scholars.

Subject to court approval, the NRA is pursuing plans to reincorporate in the State of Texas. The Lone Star State is home to more than 400,000 NRA Members and the site of our 2021 Annual Meeting being held in Houston.

Texas values the contributions of the NRA, celebrates our law-abiding members, and joins us as a partner in upholding constitutional freedom.

Under this plan, we seek protection from New York officials who illegally abused and weaponized the powers they wield against the NRA and its members. You can be assured the Association will continue the fight to protect your interests in New York – and all forums where the NRA is unlawfully singled out for its Second Amendment advocacy.

This plan represents a pathway to opportunity, growth and progress.

This is the most transformational moment in the history of the NRA. And it involves all of you.

The NRA will continue to promote its Second Amendment advocacy, sponsor firearms training, and work with its network of instructors and volunteers in furtherance of its mission. This plan actually streamlines all of the NRA’s activities and improves our operational processes.

I know we have welcomed many of you to our headquarters in Fairfax, Virginia. We have no immediate plans to relocate, but we are forming a special committee to explore our strategic options in this regard. We want to determine if there are advantages to relocating our HQ operations to another state. I have asked our leadership team to explore all options that benefit the NRA and its members.

What’s most important is leading the fight for Second Amendment freedom and serving our members. We will do that from anywhere that works best for you and for our cause.

All membership dues and financial donations will be fully dedicated to supporting our operations and public advocacy. This plan actually improves our business. It protects us from costly, distracting and unprincipled attacks from anti-2A politicians aimed at attacking the NRA because we are a potent political force. We know that the gun ban lobby will never stop – fueled by a hatred of your freedoms and by wealthy benefactors. Our plan is the best way to confront them.

We are now prepared for a better future. In fact, to me, it feels like the dawn of a new day.

We are revitalized, well-positioned, and steadfast in our commitment to fight for you. To learn more, please visit www.nra.org/forward.

Thank you for your unwavering spirit and being part of the NRA’s future. Both hold incredible promise for our country – and the freedoms in which it believes.

You apparently do not realize these are all unfounded accusations that have never gone to court, been proven in a court of law or allowed to be challenged by the accused.  It's sad you believe them and have turned your back on an organization that still fights for you.
Unfounded? Have you looked at the Ackerman McQueen payment records ? Two million for Wayne's wardrobe?.
Your a sucker and fool. A pathetic one at that.

They played fast and loose with all of our money. And sucker and saps like Grouse allow with their fear mongering . They deserve to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Says this life member and former benicaftor.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/04/nras-dirty-laundry-exposed-as-pro-gun-group-cleans-house/#axzz5lxJZdxp3

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/04/nras-future-only-two-options-can-the-bod-save-us/#axzz5lxJZdxp3

None of the membership dues were ever used for anything other than the anti-gun fight.  Other money they have from ads and ancillary accounts, not attached to dues, have been used for things other than political fights, but none of it was illegal.  It's up to the board of any corporation to control that.  Most NRA board members do not feel it rises to the level of a crime, and it doesn't.  Besides one of your sources is the company being sued by the NRA, which invalidates their credibility.  The other is the son of Neil Knox, who is a disgruntled former officer of the NRA, making that source biased as well.

But some believe whatever they like and turn their back on their friends when their enemies lie to them.

I will not sink to your level of vulgar discourse to make my case.  Only people insecure in their position do that.

It seems to me the hot heads with regard to the NRA are the same one's who also despise Trump.  That tells me a lot about their political ideology concerning our rights.

Edited by Grouse
  • Like 2

None of the membership dues was ever used for anything other than the anti-gun fight.  Other money they have from ads and ancillary accounts, not attached to dues, have been used for things other than political fights, but none of it was illegal.  It's up to the board of any corporation to control that.  Most NRA board members do not feel it rises to the level of a crime, and it doesn't.
But some believe whatever they like and turn their back on their friends when their enemies lie to them.
I will not sink to your level of vulgar discourse to make my case.  Only people insecure in their position do that.
It seems to me the hot heads with regard to the NRA are the same one's who also despise Trump.  That tells me a lot about their political ideology concerning our rights.
Please spare us your bullshit. You toss your vailed insults out right and left then when its pushed back at you act all high and mighty.

The truth is you add nothing to this community but vitriol with your constant spamming of political crap. What a sad life you must have when revolves around cutting and pasting a bunch of bullshit daily. Seems like we are looking a bitter angry old man that doesn't have much going for him.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Trial153 said:

Please spare us your bullshit. You toss your vailed insults out right and left then when its pushed back at you act all high and mighty.

The truth is you add nothing to this community but vitriol with your constant spamming of political crap. What a sad life you must have when revolves around cutting and pasting a bunch of bullshit daily. Seems like we are looking a bitter angry old man that doesn't have much going for him.

Agree 100%.  I'd sooner throw myself off a bridge before I'd let politics consume me in that way.  

• Like 1