This Is What Your NRA Thinks Of NYS

As NYS taxpayers you are paying to destroy the NRA. NYS is suing to dissolve the NRA. And just last week President elect bite me promised to defeat the NRA (his exact words). The millions spent on recent NY lawsuits is money that can't be spent fighting gun control in the courts. The anti gun people know exactly what they are doing. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Trial153 said:

Please spare us your bullshit. You toss your vailed insults out right and left then when its pushed back at you act all high and mighty.

The truth is you add nothing to this community but vitriol with your constant spamming of political crap. What a sad life you must have when revolves around cutting and pasting a bunch of bullshit daily. Seems like we are looking a bitter angry old man that doesn't have much going for him.

Dude, you angry?  Believe me, when I want to insult someone, I don't put a veil on it.

I see about half a dozen misinformed and indoctrinated leftists that are helping to destroy our country without realizing it.

I find people only get upset when the truth exposes their hypocrisy and fantasies.  And when they get upset, they wish they had the power to silence their opposition, rather than intelligently challenge it.  That's totalitarian and vindictive.  And besides being incorrectly presumptuous, calling out a person's age is bigoted.

So nice we can still have civil debate without all the animosity and rancor of hate filled people.  LOL!

BTW, you didn't supply any factual retort.  Run out of left wing news outlets?

Dude, you angry?  Believe me, when I want to insult someone, I don't put a veil on it.

I see about half a dozen misinformed and indoctrinated leftists that are helping to destroy our country without realizing it.

I find people only get upset when the truth exposes their hypocrisy and fantasies.  And when they get upset, they wish they had the power to silence their opposition, rather than intelligently challenge it.  That's totalitarian and vindictive.  And besides being incorrectly presumptuous, calling out a person's age is bigoted.

So nice we can still have civil debate without all the animosity and rancor of hate filled people.  LOL!

BTW, you didn't supply any factual retort.  Run out of left wing news outlets?

Angry at the inconsequential spammer? not in the least. I do kind of pity you. Seeing some wallowing in their self induced fear and misery is pretty sad. Nothing else can explain the constant need to spout your daily nonsense. Get a hobby that doesn't include left clicking, you will be a happier man.

If you believe not taking an interest in the government's attack on your rights is the way to go, you will one day come to realize the government has always had an interest in attacking your rights.  You just made it easy for them with your apathy.

It's not fear.  It's awareness, resistance and getting prepared.

Here's another attack you should be concerned about.  They will get to decide what disqualifies you, and they have a long list that will snag people with anger issues.  This is in NY.

Image may contain: text that says 'Senate Bill S1605 2021-2022 Legislative Session Requires a purchaser of any firearm, rifle or shotgun to submit to a mental health evaluation'

Edited by Grouse

5 hours ago, Grouse said:

The NRA went from 3 million to 5 million during the Obama years.  I expect it will rise again under Biden. 

The board knows they are having trouble recruiting because of leftist propaganda, anti-gun and TV media as well as the entertainment industry in general, horrible shooting scenes that are more a problem with the current American culture than gun ownership and a negative mindset among gun owners about their effectiveness, which is only reported to NRA members in their own press releases, as the media refuses to report the accomplishments in the news.  Basically, the NRA is the target of a decades long smear campaign.

The NRA has no ability to do anything with the public education system and must work to counter the propaganda indoctrination there with it's own information and word of mouth campaign.  They don't preach to the choir.  They inform their members what is going on at all times, rally the troops to vote and write letters to their elected officials and tell them what battles they are fighting and which ones they have won.

The problem is, only the members get the info and are effectively informed.  Non NRA members never get the truth and constantly get the anti-gun and anti NRA propaganda.  The NRA will have trouble recruiting any members, of any age, as long as the smear campaign keeps running.  And that smear campaign is financed by unlimited funds in the hands of the government taken from us taxpayers.  The NRA's funds are limited tremendously by it's membership.

Sadly, the government is winning this battle and by the time most gun owners realize what has happened it will be to late to reverse the problem.  In truth, the NRA is the best hope of success when it comes to preserving our 2nd Amendment rights.  All pro gun groups are needed, but the NRA is the biggest and most feared by leftists.  Attacking the NRA is supporting the anti-gun scheme.

If you hate the NRA, they don't want you as a member.  But if you side against them, you are promoting the demise of your own rights.

Perhaps the NRA should create a social media platform for 2A advocates; particularly since this is where the youth/future get much of their information.

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

None of the membership dues were ever used for anything other than the anti-gun fight.  Other money they have from ads and ancillary accounts, not attached to dues, have been used for things other than political fights, but none of it was illegal.  It's up to the board of any corporation to control that.  Most NRA board members do not feel it rises to the level of a crime, and it doesn't.  Besides one of your sources is the company being sued by the NRA, which invalidates their credibility.  The other is the son of Neil Knox, who is a disgruntled former officer of the NRA, making that source biased as well.

But some believe whatever they like and turn their back on their friends when their enemies lie to them.

I will not sink to your level of vulgar discourse to make my case.  Only people insecure in their position do that.

It seems to me the hot heads with regard to the NRA are the same one's who also despise Trump.  That tells me a lot about their political ideology concerning our rights.

What about Oliver North?  He resigned over the LaPierre BS.  How is he invalidated or disgruntled?

Appreciate, I agree we need the NRA, and am not anti-NRA, but we need it as strong and uncorrupted as possible.

6 minutes ago, DoubleDose said:

What about Oliver North?  He resigned over the LaPierre BS.  How is he invalidated or disgruntled?

Appreciate, I agree we need the NRA, and am not anti-NRA, but we need it as strong and uncorrupted as possible.

I agree, but we don't do that by trashing it with the anti-gun crowd.  

BTW, North was ousted.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/04/27/nra-chief-wayne-lapierre-claims-hes-being-extorted-by-oliver-north-hes-standing-his-ground/

Here is what Randy Newburg, another life member...like myself had to say about the situation.

"Imagine if you were given a brand to build a business around (with "business" being how successful non-profits operate) and you drove it into the ground during a period when 7 million new customers were handed to you, in addition to the existing 70 million customers that exist of which you have penetrated less than 5% of that existing market.

That is what the NRA has done. In the last two years we have 7 million new gun owners, guns and ammo sales are at all-time highs, a scarcity exists in all parts and components, yet the NRA has to file bankruptcy. They and their marketing message have only been able to appeal to 5% of existing gun owners.

The NRA has been given the baton of a Constitutional right under 2A, and they still can't make a go of it in an environment with virtually no competition. They have failed. No other way to say it. The NRA had nothing but tailwinds and a downhill grade from a business standpoint, and they ran it off the rails and we now see a pile of smoldering wreckage that is our interest in 2A.

If that was a corporation the entire Board of Directors, all senior management, and all trusted consultants/advisors would be gone. This is completely unacceptable. House cleaning is far more necessary than the irresponsible bankruptcy route that only passes the financial burden onto groups who helped keep the NRA afloat to this point. Vendors, contractors, others who the NRA owes money to will get screwed.

Next time the NRA tells me they support conservative principles, I'm gonna ask them when stiffing folks who do good work is a conservative principle. Most all reading this pay their bills, live within their budgets/means, and take responsibility. Yet the NRA is wanting a bail out, to not be held accountable for their financial malfeasance, displaying the antithesis of responsibility and the conservative principles they claim to support.

I've given them my opinions when the opportunity was presented. I know many much higher up in the shooting and hunting industry have given them an earful. I know some larger donors have voiced concerns. Yet, those who hold the reins of power, mostly the Executive Committee of the Board, the Board Nominating Committee, and the Senior Executive staff are all deaf to the calls for change. Given how much ignorance and arrogance is on display at the NRA, the only remaining path is to watch it implode and take a few more generations to rebuild an organization worthy of the trust gun owners have placed in the NRA.

Yes, at the time when representation on gun issues is at a premium, those who we have entrusted with that cause have failed us gun owners and members. A lot of ground might be lost due to the ineptitude of those leading the NRA. It is a reality. It is a lesson to be learned. This failure is not the fault of those promoting gun restrictions. The NRA had every possible benefit, every advantage in numbers and financing, every possible legal benefit of a constitutionally protected cause.

And here we are, watching the place burn down while those in charge take their grifting ways to a new location, asking the court to screw over the many people who they owe money, and let them hit the reset button for a new start without even the slightest demand for change or reform.

As an Endowment Life Member, the NRA and the current cadre of crooks will never get another dime from me. I will continue to advocate for gun ownership and do what I can to speak up for my rights under 2A. Giving money and the responsibility for this cause to the NRA is a proven path to failure.

Odds are we will not have another organization to replace the NRA. The NRA has damaged the trust gun owners have placed in them, making it unlikely a replacement group can overcome the scars the NRA has struck. It will be incumbent on each of us to speak up, to write, call, email our elected officials and make our voices heard. That is a far more effective manner than sending money, and the implied trust and responsibility that goes with money, to the NRA. The current ship of fools has proven time and again that they are not worthy of our trust.

A sad day, for sure. The sooner we face the reality and quit pretending the situation will change, the sooner gun owners will be started down a better path."

• Like 1

I am just an ignorant old man...I hate politics....There has been good stuff and bad stuff regarding the NRA...

However,  in my view,  the NRA is the  MAIN  reason that we still possess our Second amendment rights...

That's why the the leftist , liberal commie bastards  hate it so much...

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Pygmy said:

I am just an ignorant old man...I hate politics....There has been good stuff and bad stuff regarding the NRA...

However,  in my view,  the NRA is the  MAIN  reason that we still possess our Second amendment rights...

That's why the the leftist , liberal commie bastards  hate it so much...

Is this supposed to be ironic? If so, nailed it! Best impersonation of your typical Trumpist...

'Argh, facts be dammed!  A commie is a commie and that's all I need to know!'     Very funny!

40 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Is this supposed to be ironic? If so, nailed it! Best impersonation of your typical Trumpist...

'Argh, facts be dammed!  A commie is a commie and that's all I need to know!'     Very funny!

So when are you  having your sex change operation ? The left already took your brain you may as well give them your nuts as well and finish the job .

56 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

12 minutes ago, phantom said:

So when are you  having your sex change operation ? The left already took your brain you may as well give them your nuts as well and finish the job .

To both of you, we don't win anyone over Left or Right with personal attacks.  Objectivity, reason, logic, and respectful dialogue is what it takes to gain converts.  I've converted pro-gun control acquaintances & anti-hunters to pro-2A & hunting opinion by the latter and never the former.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Dinsdale said:

Read, Ricochet, confessions of a gun lobbyist; written in 2008 as a predictor as what's happening in the nra. Author was a nra regional director worked his way up. Just the tip of the iceberg and also goes into the Ackermann PR firm relationship in depth.

There's an old saying about airing dirty laundry in public.  Our enemies love it.  It helps their side.  They are grinning from ear to ear with every attack.  Sad.

• Like 1

This all or nothing attitude towards the NRA I get, but I can’t do. I do agree that over the years the nra has done more good than not . But if  Lapierre truly cared about gun rights, he needs to have that light bulb moment and realize  he’s hurting the membership numbers. There’s other 2nd amendment groups fighting  for our rights that don’t require 1000 plus dollar suits and multiple homes.Wether he did use members money for his luxury’s or not, just the shear optics is off putting to many.   Think how many more members they would pick up with a overhaul .

• Like 1

They are getting out of town to save their criminal asses

"On Thursday, LaPierre's position as CEO and executive vice president of the most dominant gun lobby in the United States became more precarious after New York Attorney General Letitia James sued him and three other high-ranking current or former NRA executives, alleging that they have undercut the nonprofit organization's charitable mission by engaging in illegal financial conduct.

That includes diverting tens of millions of dollars for personal trips and expenditures, lucrative no-show contracts to buy people's silence and other improper spending, according to the lawsuit.

"The NRA was serving as a personal piggy bank for four individual defendants," James, a Democrat, said at a news conference.

LaPierre is named in the suit along with Wilson "Woody" Phillips, a former NRA treasurer and chief financial officer; Joshua Powell, a former chief of staff and executive director of general operations; and John Frazer, the corporate secretary and general counsel.

The suit says their actions contributed to the loss of more than $64 million in three years as they enriched themselves and overrode and evaded internal controls ... without regard to the NRA's best interests."

At some point if you keep defending criminals you become a party to them.

With everything we know about this and the fact the whistle blower on this came from inside there is no freaking excuse for the membership to support these assholes that stole our money. Stand the hell up and demand accountability.

On 1/16/2021 at 7:01 AM, DirtTime said:

Don't give me that bullshit about "If you don't pay or aren't a member." either. It's just filler noise! I don't have to give a hooker money to know it's a risk not worth the reward.

$45 a year to belong to the NRA, what kind of hooker are you getting for that kind of money? Never mind, I don't want to know...

If you own guns & hunt & don't belong to the NRA, than sorry, you're just riding on my & other members' coattails. You are missing the big picture, because you don't like a couple things about the organization, you'll forfeit your rights & eventually your guns. No different than voting for Biden because you didn't like Trump's personality.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Uncle Nicky said:

$45 a year to belong to the NRA, what kind of hooker are you getting for that kind of money? Never mind, I don't want to know...

If you own guns & hunt & don't belong to the NRA, than sorry, you're just riding on my & other members' coattails. You are missing the big picture, because you don't like a couple things about the organization, you'll forfeit your rights & eventually your guns. No different than voting for Biden because you didn't like Trump's personality.

Bullshit on that crap riding coat tails! It's just filler noise like I said! I only pay for a service that does what it says it's going to do! If I pay someone to install a shed in my yard and they put it on the neighbors, I'm not giving them a dime! I don't know how many times it has to be said that this "Organization" hasn't done jack over all for NY in over a decade! They even quoted themselves a long time ago stating they had given up on NY the same way they did CA. I don't want to hear "If they don't have the money coming in to fund this or that..." either. If the top dog stopped using your money on $5000 suits and put it where it supposed to be, maybe there could be a solid foundation for that to stand on.

There will be no taking of people guns because the people will not stand for it, it will get ugly and the NRA will not be there to help anyone if they do come for them. They will file an injunction to try and rescind the laws put in place, by then it will be to late. If anyone thinks Biden isn't going to be just like Clinton when it comes to guns and make Executive Orders you're crazy! They have said over and over they can't win the fights here because Cuomo and his supporters are too strong.

8 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

Bullshit on that crap riding coat tails! It's just filler noise like I said! I only pay for a service that does what it says it's going to do! If I pay someone to install a shed in my yard and they put it on the neighbors, I'm not giving them a dime! I don't know how many times it has to be said that this "Organization" hasn't done jack over all for NY in over a decade! They even quoted themselves a long time ago stating they had given up on NY the same way they did CA. I don't want to hear "If they don't have the money coming in to fund this or that..." either. If the top dog stopped using your money on $5000 suits and put it where it supposed to be, maybe there could be a solid foundation for that to stand on.

There will be no taking of people guns because the people will not stand for it, it will get ugly and the NRA will not be there to help anyone if they do come for them. They will file an injunction to try and rescind the laws put in place, by then it will be to late. If anyone thinks Biden isn't going to be just like Clinton when it comes to guns and make Executive Orders you're crazy! They have said over and over they can't win the fights here because Cuomo and his supporters are too strong.

You talk like a guy with a paper asshole.

What organization is left to lobby in Washington to preserve gun rights if you don't support the NRA? $45 buys a family of 4 a meal at McDonald's these days, that is too much to cough up 1 time a year?

Edited by Uncle Nicky
  • Like 3

The current reports regarding the National Rifle Association are not helping recruit and retain NRA membership.  Hopefully the National Rifle Association rises above the alleged corruption by removing bad leadership, being transparent and showing more accountability to its membership .  The NRA needs to clean house of those who are corrupt and parasites to the financial solvency of the NRA.  America needs a strong uncorrupted NRA that is pro-gun and supports the Second Amendment.

Still, Wayne LaPierre needs to step down.  His past has questionable reports regarding his education, draft record and his personal life appear to make him clearly unqualified to lead a gun rights organization that is sworn to defend the Second Amendment.  Added to that is the report of his grossly over compensation of salary and benefits from the NRA that are report to exceed $2,000,000!  This while the NRA CONSTANTLY seeks donations that apparently go to certain over compensated NRA officials.

While certainly not defending Mr. LaPierre who should be removed from office, he is the same as many other leaders of "non-profit" and "not-for-profit" organizations.  The top leaders are grossly over paid for what they do.  It is time for the NRA leadership to vote on salaries and compensation.  If they don't like the pay, they are free to quit!

Edited by ADK Native
  • Like 2

As an aside, I know that there are other groups that advocate for the second amendment. Any recommendations here, as to which ones do meaningful work in an effort to preserve our rights, and are worthy of my/our membership money.
GOA, FPC to name a few. I recommend belonging to all three. Even though I disapprove of the NRA leadership. But I am still a life member from years ago

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton