Anyone use a robotic vacuum cleaner?

moog5050

My son bought the Shark AI RV2001 for our house today.  I am absolutely amazed by this thing.  I am a bit OCD about a clean house and we have a dog and 3 cats so daily vacuuming is needed to avoid pet hair.   This little machine mapped the whole house (ranch) in like 10 min and did a really good job of powering through everything - tile, hardwoods, carpet and even shag area rugs.  I told my son it would not likely work and be ready to return it.  Boy was I wrong.  It is the bomb.   Program it for a daily cleaning and it should make life much easier.  It docks and undocks itself for charging.   Highly recommended, especially if you live in a ranch.   

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

My son bought the Shark AI RV2001 for our house today.  I am absolutely amazed by this thing.  I am a bit OCD about a clean house and we have a dog and 3 cats so daily vacuuming is needed to avoid pet hair.   This little machine mapped the whole house (ranch) in like 10 min and did a really good job of powering through everything - tile, hardwoods, carpet and even shag area rugs.  I told my son it would not likely work and be ready to return it.  Boy was I wrong.  It is the bomb.   Program it for a daily cleaning and it should make life much easier.  It docks and undocks itself for charging.   Highly recommended, especially if you live in a ranch.   

Our new home (ranch) is 99% carpet so thanks for the tip I may take a look. 
I have to say our last home was 98% hardwoods and tile. I’m really liking all the carpet in our new home, easy on your feet, quiet and I think it makes the house feel warmer. 

1 minute ago, Zag said:

So I just searched it on Amazon and it says I can control via Alexa, bonus!!

You can program it on an app.   Set it for a daily vacuum, at your selected time or hit clean whenever you want a spruce up and even select specific rooms after mapping if you like. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, johnplav said:

We have a pretty dumb roomba that just wanders around the first floor of our house for an hour a day.  There’s a lot of stuff in it when we empty it, so I guess that means it works. 

This one goes row by row in each room or space.  Even leaves nice lines like Bizs yard.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I’ve had/used Roombas before. They work pretty well, but when you forget to clean them out, it can become a little bit of a pain, because they won’t run. The next one I will Get will be one with the auto emptying option. I think It’s the Roomba 7 that does that. I will have to look at the Shark ones though, I have A Shark vacuum and it’s by far the best regular vacuum I’ve ever had. 

• Like 1

3d2c004cb8841da49195e75bec4ae6d5.png

I got a biz lawn alert. Anyway, I got this bumper car thing for my daughter. She can control like it a zero turn mower but the remote I have in my hand overrides her. Anyway, next month I’ll put a vacuum in her hand and let her go to work lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We got a Roomba for xmas......nice little machine. Set it up to run with your phone and you can control it anytime. The vacuum does a real nice job.....we let it run upstairs on the carpet......and then bring it down to take care of the lower level which is all glue down vinyl planking. Like others have said....just need to empty it afterward but I think they remind you of that on the app.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

My wife has one and loves it. Just make sure you set it to run at a time that won’t annoy you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I have the roomba.  Once in a while we'll turn it on when we leave the house.  Every once in a while we come back to find it stuck somewhere because I'd leave a USB cable on the floor or something and it gets tangled on the roller.

• Like 1

Shark makes some damn fine products!

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton