If you won the lottery

cynthiafu

26 minutes ago, Don_C said:

AMMO, I'd buy ammo! Then I would buy my very own politician. That seems to be the best way to turn a lot of money into a WHOLE LOT of money.

Don, you’re thinking small .

Id hire some young women , to reload for me . I’d set up a spot on the property for them to work . I get to pick the uniforms and they get ample time off during the day to use the pools and hot tubs . Tell me what caliber you need , you can stop by to get it . Oh and Pygmy is running QC .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Don, you’re thinking small .
Id hire some young women , to reload for me . I’d set up a spot on the property for them to work . I get to pick the uniforms and they get ample time off during the day to use the pools and hot tubs . Tell me what caliber you need , you can stop by to get it . Oh and Pygmy is running QC .

Make sure they are naked when working so they can’t steal anything from you. I used to have a bunch of Bolivian girls cutting cocaine for me. I made the mistake of allowing them to wear bikinis. Once I made them work naked, my profit margins went way up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Make sure they are naked when working so they can’t steal anything from you. I used to have a bunch of Bolivian girls cutting cocaine for me. I made the mistake of allowing them to wear bikinis. Once I made them work naked, my profit margins went way up.

best scene and sound track Bedazzled 2000 - YouTube

You’re gonna think I’m crazy but it’d not be just one purchase if there was enough. Alberta or a midwestern state along the Rockies would be my first pick. Than a small place in a turkey spot. I’m not sure if I’d pick Nebraska, Dakotas, etc for Martian’s or if I’d stay with easterns. Than I’d pick a spot in the keys for bonefish and tarpon. One of the quite less touristy type keys. 
If money was left over I’d pay off my brothers houses and even my ex wife’s. She did a good job with her part of my kids development. God bless her for that. 
You said it was a dream. To me that’s a good one. 

My co-worker/friend and I spent time on this while on a flight to a Bills game.

I spoke of securing ongoing income with enough spending to make life fun (more fun?) and take care of family. A house in the USVI, a core group of farms along the border of MO/IA/IL to bounce around for high end deer hunting, a ranch out west, and probably a home here in NY still for family/heritage. Outside of that, lots of travel for experiences.

My co-worker said the first thing he would do is speak with his wife, cut her 50 or 55% even and have a level setting conversation about getting divorced or living separate but connected lives. He's convinced that if he or she were to get that rich that their marriage would not survive in the traditional sense. At first I was kind of surprised but his logic made sense (for him). It's not uncommon for marriage issues to develop in those instant generational wealth scenarios.

But then he proceeded to tell me about the debauchery that would ensue, lol. Hard to argue - I couldn't imagine what a trip to Vegas, Ibiza, Jamaica, Phuket, Amsterdam, or other such places would be like sitting on a responsible (for the situation) amount of money to spend, and having it still be an absurd amount and being not attached. He manages money well so he wouldn't be at risk of complete meltdown but even in a controlled environment the amount of money per trip would just be stupid. Same guy though donates like crazy to good causes and volunteers. Work hard, play hard.

Good example that people are all unique!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I’ve seen that movie to ....

Live at Mara Lago in Florida, year round. Even if $1000/ night, I would do it. Play golf and lie by the pool. Perfectly cooked meals, by a sports car, arrange a hunt with Don Jr.   Of course, I am talking about the Mega Millions lottery....

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, left field said:

Owning a few homes can be a pain in the ass.

How so ? I’ve a few family members who’ve owned three plus homes across the US for years , doesn’t seem to be  much of a problem .

Edited by Nomad

Because stuff goes wrong and it's a pain in the ass to manage on the other side of the country. Even if you have a local team on the ground, it still requires thought and effort.

But if you have enough money you can rent anything, pay people to cater to you, and have someone else pay to fix shit.

2 minutes ago, left field said:

Because stuff goes wrong and it's a pain in the ass to manage on the other side of the country. Even if you have a local team on the ground, it still requires thought and effort.

But if you have enough money you can rent anything, pay people to cater to you, and have someone else pay to fix shit.

We own farm land that’s rented out each year . We do nothing our attorney gets the rental agreement goes over it signs off, he collects the rent money, pays the taxes and sends us the remainder . The snow mobile club that wants to run trails across the land contacts him ,he turns it down , and so on we do nothing but cash the checks .

Several relieves own multiple property’s across the US, some are simply closed up when their not there others hire realtors to rent them out , and a hire cleaning crews, ground people etc . 

Idk seems easy for those I know , what’s your experience?

At one time property in NYC, upstate and Canada. Something somewhere is inevitably breaking. 

Now, if these were income generating, that's the price you pay and that's fine. And if you have unlimited finds (which I guess is the point of this thread) then it's easy. However, for me, I'd rather find that base and then just rent wherever and whatever I want.

So now, when I'm wandering the west and helping the downtrodden, I can just stay in a nice Four Seasons every night.

• Like 1