Oculus Quest 2 Virtual Reality

moog5050

My son bought one of these and I was immediately hooked after trying it.  The free you tube 360 videos of swimming with sharks or being only feet away from lions and elephants is one of the coolest new experiences I have had in a long long time.  You literally feel in the middle of it all as you try to move out of the way of animals and sharks or back away from cliffs.  I have not even tried any of the more interactive gaming apps including hunting and fishing apps. 

but today my son challenged me to try a workout app called supernatural.  It basically forces you to squat and stand through triangles moving at you while also hitting orbs that fly at you with the specific left or right hand sword.   You move from exotic location to location with different genres of music.   Watching someone do it from the outside looks silly so I accepted the challenge   I tried low intensity and wow was I sweating and breathing hard.  To the point I had to rest within about 15min   At the same time it was a blast   Most fun cardio workout I have ever tried    This may actually push me to do those cardio workouts I always skip.   

I am not a gamer but this thing is worth all of the $300 it costs.   Elk hunting here I come.   Lol

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

I have seen the commercials for them and was wondering about them. I have never been a video game person but they look really cool. One thing i was wondering. I have to wear cheaters to read things close up. Would i need them for that?

I wear reading glasses too.   No issue.   It’s not HD clear but pretty darn good.  

• Like 1

I was over and watched a game with Moog last night. I tried it on and it was the one with some large water falls and you are hovering above them. It is amazing how your body is accustom to reacting to visual stimulus. I looked down and my knees actually felt like jello. I would not recommend this if anyone has vertigo issues. I think the one thing we talked about last night that is really cool is actual ling being in the same virtual environment with another person. 

• Like 1