Ammo prices WOW !!! Why so much for .22 lr

luberhill

Some perspective. I’m one a bunch of gun boards .  On one , a guy in Oregon lives in county of 100 k , the one “ outdoor store “ got 60k rounds in one morning , limit two boxes per person, sold out by the end of the day . 

Go to Buds online and put your slugs on back order , in a few months you’ll get them . 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Some perspective. I’m one a bunch of gun boards .  On one , a guy in Oregon lives in county of 100 k , the one “ outdoor store “ got 60k rounds in one morning , limit two boxes per person, sold out by the end of the day . 

Go to Buds online and put your slugs on back order , in a few months you’ll get them . 

How do you get them on backorder. I've looked and see nowhere for that.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Team Hoyt said:

How do you get them on backorder. I've looked and see nowhere for that.

Ok incorrect term , “ notify me when available.” 
Ive done this 2 or 3 times for stuff I was looking for .

707887C3-0E05-46D9-BB58-82A26563EB58.jpeg

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1

We Stocked up on 22lr when gander mountain was closing there Kingston store iam glad I did . Picked a bunch of 9mm 500rd black hills value packs to wich wer expensive I thought at the time for like 138$ a pop but seeing what the prices are now holey crap iam glad i bought a bunch

Edited by silent death

It’s all out of control. I talked to the owner of a LGS yesterday, I’m still looking for .38 for my wife, he had one box left at $125. No thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is when I would refuse to ever give him any business ever again. He's price gouging at this point so fuckem

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 2

Its we as sportsman who are creating this . We all just need to sit back some . I know it stinks to say it . If you need a 1000 rounds of 9mm to shoot the guy trying to break in your house you need more practice.  If you think your going to the range and blowing off 500rds of 9mm then going to store to replace its not happening.  Hoping things settle down by spring but I have my doubts 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, sbuff said:

Its we as sportsman who are creating this . 

Absolutely.  What's the point of having guns if there is no ammo to feed them?  You don't need 10,000 rounds to kill a few game animals per season, or that intruder that you think will be breaking into your house.  If people would buy ammo within reason there would be enough to go around for everyone.  Now we've got our fellow gun owners who are supposed to be these upstanding citizens gouging the hell out of the rest of us.  Like Jerkman said, F them.  More creeps in our ranks than most people realize.

5 minutes ago, steve863 said:

Absolutely.  What's the point of having guns if there is no ammo to feed them?  You don't need 10,000 rounds to kill a few game animals per season, or that intruder that you think will be breaking into your house.  If people would buy ammo within reason there would be enough to go around for everyone.  Now we've got our fellow gun owners who are supposed to be these upstanding citizens gouging the hell out of the rest of us.  Like Jerkman said, F them.  More creeps in our ranks than most people realize.

The guy at BPS told me people are buying any and all ammo they see on the shelf weather they need it or even shoot that calibre .

He said one guy wiped out a shelf early in and said he takes it to the gun auction and GunBroker and triples his money ...

It’s just not right ... Covid and shutdowns started it , now girders the hoarders are making it worse 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, luberhill said:

The guy at BPS told me people are buying any and all ammo they see on the shelf weather they need it or even shoot that calibre .

He said one guy wiped out a shelf early in and said he takes it to the gun auction and GunBroker and triples his money ...

It’s just not right ... Covid and shutdowns started it , now girders the hoarders are making it worse 

Those are some of our beloved fellow gun owners for you!  

9 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

That is when I would refuse to ever give him any business ever again. He's price gouging at this point so fuckem

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

You're probably right, but you don't know for sure what the LGS paid for them. A post above mentions a store asking a customer if he had any for sale. It's possible that he paid $100 which would allow for a 25% gross margin, which is probably standard.

I'll give an LGS the benefit of the doubt until I find out otherwise.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Steuben Jerry said:

You're probably right, but you don't know for sure what the LGS paid for them. A post above mentions a store asking a customer if he had any for sale. It's possible that he paid $100 which would allow for a 25% gross margin, which is probably standard.

I'll give an LGS the benefit of the doubt until I find out otherwise.

may have just wanted some ammo on hand to bolster a sale on a pistol they have. I can't think of a better sales pitch currently than to be able to say, "her, buy this gun and we actually have a box of ammo that will fit it"

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Its we as sportsman who are creating this . We all just need to sit back some . I know it stinks to say it . If you need a 1000 rounds of 9mm to shoot the guy trying to break in your house you need more practice.  If you think your going to the range and blowing off 500rds of 9mm then going to store to replace its not happening.  Hoping things settle down by spring but I have my doubts 

I’m glad you know how much ammo I need.

I don’t need to buy any ammo as I have stocked up for years and prepared for this. I shoot multiple times a week, I hope I don’t have to change that! I should be good for at least 10 years.

• Like 3

I have bought 2 or 3 boxes at a time over the last 30 years of my life . I too have plenty for all guns and hand guns . That is exactly why I am not buying during the current price hike . But we as sportsman are .

I dont know how much you , Tom , Dick or Harry need . My point is if you have enough don't buy more .  That's whats driving the cost up.. You live in Saratoga Co if I recall or there abouts. I'm in latham neither of which are high crime .

Heck one day maybe we can go shooting at the gun club. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I’m glad you know how much ammo I need.

I don’t need to buy any ammo as I have stocked up for years and prepared for this. I shoot multiple times a week, I hope I don’t have to change that! I should be good for at least 10 years.

Ditto, I try to shoot 100 rounds of 9mm ball a month , so 1000 won’t last me a year . I feel somewhat comfortable with the three years worth I currently have .

99983CBE-CDFF-43DE-9FF1-F7E2079B6E24.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I'm betting that is happening with many that don't even own guns. 

Maybe a very few, but I just can't see someone who doesn't know anything about guns or ammo going out to buy ammo in order to make a quick buck.  People who know little about guns typically shy away from them.  Lots of other things the regular guy on the street can try to make a buck off of before ammo.

I used to easily go thru 1k rounds between rifle, pistol and sporting clays in a given week. When kids went with me you can dbl that up.  So every one has different requirements.

28 minutes ago, sbuff said:

I have bought 2 or 3 boxes at a time over the last 30 years of my life . I too have plenty for all guns and hand guns . That is exactly why I am not buying during the current price hike . But we as sportsman are .

I dont know how much you , Tom , Dick or Harry need . My point is if you have enough don't buy more .  That's whats driving the cost up.. You live in Saratoga Co if I recall or there abouts. I'm in latham neither of which are high crime .

Edited by suburbanfarmer

That’s my point, you said I don’t need a 1000 rounds to kill a bad guy. I don’t need a lot of things but if I want to have ammo while it’s still available I’ll damn sure buy it and have been. Hell, yesterday I bought 5000 rounds of buckshot. I haven’t shot 5 rounds of buckshot in the last 10 years other than at work. But it was available at pre crazy prices and one day it might not be so I bought it. I also added some 5.56 to the order, more than I like paying but same principle. I probably have a lifetime supply of it but things could change so I would rather have it.

Thanks for the invite but I don’t shoot at public ranges.

• Like 2