Some reasonable land for sale

nybuckboy

I’d like to buy land with a cabin but we are in the process of looking forward a house near us...

once I find the right place then I was going to look near us

wonder how people that buy a place not near them keep trespassers at bay when they are not around all the time 

or keep people from breaking into the camp 

18 minutes ago, luberhill said:

I’d like to buy land with a cabin but we are in the process of looking forward a house near us...

once I find the right place then I was going to look near us

wonder how people that buy a place not near them keep trespassers at bay when they are not around all the time 

or keep people from breaking into the camp 

Before I lived on my property the frequent trespassers must've kept a close eye on the camper that we kept there.. Never got broken into, but there seemed to be fewer deer than there is now too.

• Like 1

We are an hour away from our camp, but I have observed that it makes no difference how close or far or inaccessible your camp is. My uncles place is on a busy road, heavily traveled with alot of neighbors who know who should be there. Broken into several times in the winter when he was away. My inlaws had a camp on the far back side of a large lake, accessible only by water. Broken into . My camp is an hour away and I am up relatively frequently....spring through summer almost every week, winter every chance I get. I have left and come back a day later to find I have had visitors ( I sometimes leave a couple of cans of beer inside my back porch...a couple times they have disapeared but no other problems found). My neighbors have had their cabins literally stripped to the walls inside. 

Plan your camp to leave NOTHING outside that isnt secured. Easily seen from the road or hidden from the road, makes no difference. Be sure the windows are elevated where they cant be climbed into from the ground, and put ups cages...this can actually be done so that it doesnt look out of place. Solid steel doors with dead bolts. I use a steel shipping container for storage/shed use. I have seen where they have tried to get into my camp, but fourteen years now, they cant (without cutting through a wall, which hasnt happended).  Insure appropriatly.  My neighbors keep an eye open, but that really doesnt count for much. Put up game cameras in discrete locations.  Try to keep as much of a presence of being used as you can, and I encourage friends and family to use it too.

Drive by checks by local police mean nothing....likely the locals have a good idea of the quietest times to hit.

Edited by Daveboone

We are an hour away from our camp, but I have observed that it makes no difference how close or far or inaccessible your camp is. My uncles place is on a busy road, heavily traveled with alot of neighbors who know who should be there. Broken into several times in the winter when he was away. My inlaws had a camp on the far back side of a large lake, accessible only by water. Broken into . My camp is an hour away and I am up relatively frequently....spring through summer almost every week, winter every chance I get. I have left and come back a day later to find I have had visitors ( I sometimes leave a couple of cans of beer inside my back porch...a couple times they have disapeared but no other problems found). My neighbors have had their cabins literally stripped to the walls inside. 
Plan your camp to leave NOTHING outside that isnt secured. Easily seen from the road or hidden from the road, makes no difference. Be sure the windows are elevated where they cant be climbed into from the ground, and put ups cages...this can actually be done so that it doesnt look out of place. Solid steel doors with dead bolts. I use a steel shipping container for storage/shed use. I have seen where they have tried to get into my camp, but fourteen years now, they cant (without cutting through a wall, which hasnt happended).  Insure appropriatly.  My neighbors keep an eye open, but that really doesnt count for much. Put up game cameras in discrete locations.  Try to keep as much of a presence of being used as you can, and I encourage friends and family to use it too.
Drive by checks by local police mean nothing....likely the locals have a good idea of the quietest times to hit.

Yikes...is your land in Portland, OR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk