Rolling out the new ones...

WNY Bowhunter

19 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I noticed that too, super long bases!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

21 hours ago, crappyice said:

Awesome deer...Deer 2 and 3 are so different at the base...#2 is so tight and #3(slob!) is so wide and almost protruding from the skull at the base....wild how different they can be!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the first thing I noticed on that 3rd buck too. How raised the buck's hide is on those bases. Maybe a skull deformation? Usually they are flat across between bases.

@WNY Bowhunter You do quite a few mounts, so I'm sure it's tough to remember. But do you recall seeing any other bucks with such pronounced bases off the head like this? 

17 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

That's the first thing I noticed on that 3rd buck too. How raised the buck's hide is on those bases. Maybe a skull deformation? Usually they are flat across between bases.

@WNY Bowhunter You do quite a few mounts, so I'm sure it's tough to remember. But do you recall seeing any other bucks with such pronounced bases off the head like 

I think what you're seeing is the long hair around the burrs. In early season they haven't been rubbing much and worn these hairs down yet.

20201005_192514.thumb.jpg.7b50ab5669151d2bebd02574f6feb772.jpg

Edited by WNY Bowhunter
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...