Lecthworth or Hector

BuckTracker

Was wondering if anyone could help lead me in the right direction to search for some sheds in Letchworth State Park. Been there 5 years ago during the summer.. and the place is huge.

Hunted Hector.. it is also large.

Got some spare time coming up and would like to be able to collect some sheds...!!

Thanks for any input..

Buck Tracker

If i were to go to letchworth i would hit either end of the park in the safety zones first...Mt Morris or Castile. Then i would hit the perry entrance and walf down into the camping area where it is archery only hunting. My last walk would be on the upper side of the park road starting at the castile end and walk the edge of the park woods where it boarders all the farm field's!!!!

• Like 1

if it wasnt a 70 mile drive for me letchworth is where i would be doing my shed hunting plenty of big bucks and alot of great spots to look. 100% i would check the spots that fourseasons suggested ive been wanting to go out there and check some of those spots but wont make it there for shed hunting.

Good luck its all about timing the place gets pounded by shedders adn I know many are readng this and most likely this thread will not help your cause. Good luck

Disagree. Any serious shed hunter already knows the #1 rule of shed hunting.

NEVER DISCLOSE YOUR LOCATIONS!

So my opinion is first to consider the sources. A newbie shedder in the park may slip up and tell you where he stumbled on an antler or two but a seasoned veteran is probably gonna send you on a wild goose chase on the other side of the park away from his prime locations,lol.

Yup, serious shedders can be a deceiving bunch to protect their antler grounds from competition. Often times their reply to a post like this or an update to a journal is purposely intended to be 99% fictional...not for fear of the original poster moving in on their locations, but maybe the lurker down the road or one town over looking to capitalize on a honeyhole. Plus, who doesn't like a good story to go with all them pics!

It's a good thing I don't have to worry about that as I only shed hunt POSTED PRIVATE propperty that even I'm not allowed on so don't even bother trying to get permission to my hot spots!

...not to mention the video surveillence, pitbulls,rottweillers,and police patrol 24/7!

Your best, most reliable source is you. Get back in the park and learn it inside and out. It could take you a couple years of hiking it to narrow down the locations your seeking or you may get lucky and fall right into one as soon as you slam the car door behind you. One general bit of information you will find all over the net is shed hunting tips. VERY general guidlines to start your search shared by everyone from the greenest greenhorn, to several hundred antler a year professional shedders...all useless information untill you put the boots to the ground and find these spots for yourself.

That's the way it is folks....

Don't hate the playa..hate the game!

Wolly i would have to say your all probably right on that most of the times but not this time. The man asked a question and recieved an honest answer. If anyone reading this knows the park they know i gave him 100% truth on where to start his shed hunting. Myself i dont care about shed hunting as i have more antlers than ever needed and when i comes to finding bone i do my hunting on the park while the season is open. I guess you would be right though on getting some bad advice from someone that is into sheds big time!!!

I hear ya Four Seasons. Didn't mean to sound like you were misleading him in any way....just that there are some intentional lies and deception going on in the antler hunting community. Sometimes makes it hard to seperate the fact from fiction.

Lol It sounds like shed hunting is a big thing to some. I never got into doing it myself. I have picked up a few in turkey season before and that was kinda neat but to go out a make it a point to hunt some down...Just never did.

Yeah it's overated and honestly quite boring! I tried it once and it did nothing for me.

Quality time spent at home with loved ones is much more rewarding than some stinky old horn,lol :bye: