Crossbows proposed in all seasons 2021

They have minimum caliber for rifle for deer so why not on a crossbow or a bow.( drawweight)  i dont have problem with it , shotgun only areas for years..  
I don't mind the minimum draw weight I think that's responsible hunting regs. But limiting a max draw is silly. Same as minimum width. Get rid of the minimum width and max draw. Keep minimum draw so you can keep ethical kills of the species being hunted

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, G-Man said:

The logic is to keep.performance on par with a 70 lb pull compound. As for limbwidth that can change as new designs allow for narrower limbs ( it was initially.put in place to qell fears of shooting it out of vehicles ) as i said i have no issue with lb limit , 400fps is fast enough for game under 50 yards same as a top. End compound. 

Thank you for providing the rationales; which to me are not logical.  I don't agree with the maximum draw on xbows to equate to a 70 lb bow since there is no 70 lb limit on bows.  The minimum width restriction I also do not agree with.  Shooting from a vehicle is already illegal and those that will do it will still use the illegal narrow bow.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There’s an interesting article on the front page of the New York Outdoor News ( feb.5) edition. Looks like Cuomo did something good for a change. If passed , it would take effect immediately. The NYSDEC will be the ones making the crossbow regulations. No more limits on draw weights or width requirements. Also full inclusion and lowering  the hunting age to 12 .

• Like 7

... but this new proposed bill has been added  onto the budget. Cumo tried this once before and it got removed and never advanced thru the legislative process. Referring the Xbow hunting seasons and limitation is just "common sense". Now we all know politicians possess that mental capacity... Optimistically, maybe this will be lucky 7, 7th attempt to institute Xbow legislation.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Rowdy10 said:

Might as well open shotgun season October first and everyone can use whatever they want bow crossbow muzzleloader shotguns
Most Cross bow people treat crossbows just like shotguns anyway ,they don't practice with their weapon ,they walk all over the woods in hopes of stalking up a deer,Also take bad shots at alert or moving deer
If crossbows were archery you all wouldn't want it -archery is too hard for you
You all ready have 2 weeks season if you don't want to use archery equipment than sit out the first few weeks enjoy some cupcakes or whatever is easy
Crossbow is crossbow why does it have to be listed as archery or a gun-it's like saying muzzleloader is archery since it's not a modern gun but it's just a muzzleloader on its own
If crossbows go in October first then real archery has to open at LEAST ON September 15 to give some room to real archers who put in a lot of work
CROSSBOW IS CUPCAKE ARCHERY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's up with all the cupcakes ?

Alert deer are a much bigger issue with vertical bows than with crossbows because crossbows do not need to be drawn when the deer is close.

5 hours ago, Rowdy10 said:

Might as well open shotgun season October first and everyone can use whatever they want bow crossbow muzzleloader shotguns
Most Cross bow people treat crossbows just like shotguns anyway ,they don't practice with their weapon ,they walk all over the woods in hopes of stalking up a deer,Also take bad shots at alert or moving deer
You all ready have 2 weeks season if you don't want to use archery equipment than sit out the first few weeks enjoy some cupcakes or whatever is easy
Crossbow is crossbow why does it have to be listed as archery or a gun-it's like saying muzzleloader is archery since it's not a modern gun but it's just a muzzleloader on its own
If crossbows go in October first then real archery has to open at LEAST ON September 15 to give some room to real archers who put in a lot of work

And another clueless person.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Rowdy10 said:

"GROW SOME BALLS AND USE YOUR REAL SCREEN NAME DAMN IT"

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rowdy10 said:

1st archery is any weapon where an arrow is propelled by a string where energy is stored in a limb, a firearm is any weapon that propels a projectile by an explosive gas . 

You have never held a crossbow obviously as you wouldn't want to be walking around with them heavy , wide and harder to hide when moving.  

As for drawing close on an alert deer , your doing something wrong never draw or even.move on an alert deer. It will bust you and duck arrow no matter if crossbow or compound or even stickbow.. 

The most important thing you said is people use it like a shotgun, and that's because the perception is made it's a gun and the main reason it should be put as archery equipment and an archery course required to set people straight on its limitations and it has many. 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Rowdy10 said:

Pretty broad brush. I don't do any of those things. I treat Archery season no differently regardless of if it's a bow or crossbow in my hands. And I don't care for NY's restrictive ways.

• Like 1

I don’t want full inclusion either but you sound like a complete idiot!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Rowdy10 said:

Not trying to stir things but it's a broad statement -What's effective with a bow shooting at the target or actually harvesting something especially when it's cold
-what is the advantage of bow over any other weapon
-an expert bow hunter will not even hunt with a gun because of how easy it is compared to the bow
-anyone with eyes and hands can hit a pie plate at 100yrs with a .243 from a rest
-2nd shot doesn't take long from a bow only when you just want to let one fly or just try hitting a deer anywhere

If you were ANY kind of a hunter, you'd know how ridiculous your post is. C'mon man........

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, Rowdy10 said:

Not trying to stir things but it's a broad statement -What's effective with a bow shooting at the target or actually harvesting something especially when it's cold
-an expert bow hunter will not even hunt with a gun because of how easy it is compared to the bow
-anyone with eyes and hands can hit a pie plate at 100yrs with a .243 from a rest
-2nd shot doesn't take long from a bow only when you just want to let one fly or just try hitting a deer anywhere

Well you best tell my sister in law that any one can hit a pie plate at 100 yards cause she cant hit one at 30yards with a gun.. 

Heck I saw a man with a stick bow shoot 3 arrows at a deer and hit it each time in less than 5 seconds.all we good shots, I'd bet most would be putting the rope cocker on an  x bow if they got it out of their pocket that fast.. and deer would be out of range.

Shooting targets is completely differnt than shooting at game no matter the temp or weather they dont move!!  I've seen Olympic archers that cant hit a deer broadside at 30 yards..  

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Rowdy10 said:

Question is why do you care if other people use a crossbow if it's legal? Use a bow all of rifle season no one cares. Hunt with whatever implement you want as long as it's legal it shouldn't matter or be ypur concern.  I hunt with bow, crossbow, gun and muzzleloader cause I personally like them all.  And I don't need the govt to tell me I have to use one or the other but I will still abide by the rules .  But why do you care if someone hunts with a crossbow if it becomes legal to do so?  Does it matter if an arrow or a bolt goes thru the deer and both kill it? I know quite a few people that struggle with the compound bow for shoulder issues due to age and injury and also younger hunters that struggle to get to a decent draw weight but they would also like to hunt the archery season.  But they can't because you don't like crossbows?  

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rowdy10 said:

I said We can open shotgun season October 1st as far as I care -
Would be nice to see how many crossbow lovers would then still use crossbow -
I know I still would use my bow at least to end of November

So if you ok with someone using a shotgun (Bundt cake) during archery why the issue with someone using a crossbow (cupcake)?  

Do you hunt with a compound (muffin) or traditional (biscuit)  Same arguements were made for compounds. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3