Crossbows proposed in all seasons 2021

Wonder where everyone stands on legalization of spear for deer I'd really like to use one and since it's so hard perhaps the season. Can be exclusive spear only for entire month of November, as I will need a dumb deer to throw a spear at, and rut seems best time to hold it.

I'm sure you gun hunters and archers and crossbow users will understand as this will be a difficult harvest and I'll need the entire woods to myself as not to spook game and further cant take the chance that you may accidentally kill the dumb deer that I had picked out..... thanks in advance  for your support!

Edited by G-Man
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Wonder where everyone stands on legalization of spear for deer I'd really like to use one and since it's so hard perhaps the season. Can be exclusive spear only for entire month of November, as I will need a dumb deer to throw a spear at, and rut seems best time to hold it.

I'm sure you gun hunters and archers and crossbow users will understand as this will be a difficult harvest and I'll need the entire woods to myself as not to spook game and further cant take the chance that you may accidentally kill the dumb deer that I had picked out..... thanks in advance  for your support!

All I care is that you please take a video of this!  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rowdy10 said:

The point of bow season is so that people participate but don't kill too many deer killing a deer with a bow is hard and should only be allowed to use bows or something harder otherwise what's the point
Crossbows are easier to use so if we are basically trying to kill more deer -why make it complicate just make gun season longer and hike the license price
Just make one license and use whatever u want -it's gonna come to that anyway
I'm sorry that you are having such a hard time with a cupcake term I used
When I finally have to use a crossbow one day you can call me a cupcake.  

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rowdy10, I am going to refer to you as "cupcake" henseforth, since you have such an obsession with that word.  I dont know any anti-crossbow folks who could not accurately be described as cupcakes.

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 2

The point of bow season is so that people participate but don't kill too many deer killing a deer with a bow is hard and should only be allowed to use bows or something harder otherwise what's the point
Crossbows are easier to use so if we are basically trying to kill more deer -why make it complicate just make gun season longer and hike the license price
When I finally have to use a crossbow one day you can call me a cupcake

Again, I’m against full inclusion!

Bow hunting is not hard. The average guy can pick up a modern compound the week before season and within 30-50 arrows be able to kill a deer a 30yds. How is that in anyway hard? The extra 20-40 arrows that it would take to get the same proficiency as a Xbox? What’s that 5-10 minutes difference?

Not having to draw is an advantage but proper stand placement or ground blinds level that advantage.

Unless your shooting a trad bow I don’t see your point at all.

I’ve killed way more than my share of deer with a vertical bow and I’ve probably killed more deer with a crossbow than anyone on this site because I lived down south.

The reason I’m against full inclusion is because I love the way the seasons are now. I love hunting with a vertical bow, the last couple years I’ve hunted with a long bow. I look forward to crossbow season, I still carry my long bow sometimes but also enjoy using the Xbox’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk in
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Rowdy10 said:

Killing a deer with bow is fairly easy if you know how to hunt, even seeing a deer with a gun in hand is a challange for many.  If and when crossbows are properly listed as archery equipment then an archery course will be required ,no. Grandfathering in.  This alone is best reason to put it in archery season.  

That's fine -I'm just saying what people say that they want to use crossbow or why they don't want to use a bow I've been around a lotta people trying archery and it's definitely much harder than crossbow , but the only reason most people want to use crossbow is because they can't use bow effectively or it's to hard for them to use it -this is what most people say when you ask them in bow shops etc.

What is harder? Unless you have an injury or disability? There’s a peep, sight, mechanical release, 80+% let off, the easiest drawing bows in history, the fastest shooting bows in history, the list can go on. Modern archery is anything but hard, the hardest part is getting within range, the effective range difference between a crossbow and a compound isn’t enough to make a difference.

53 minutes ago, Rowdy10 said:

Wasn't having a hard time with the term "cupcake". Was just putting the rest of weapons in your terms.  And speaking as a fat guy cupcakes are right up alley.  Lol. Just playing along.

Use whatever works for you.  But deer harvest numbers are up to the DEC.  And from your first post you obviously have something against people that use crossbows.  I killed two deer with my bow this year and one with the gun. Never had an opportunity with the xbow.  So I have to disagree that my numbers take would be so different.  And a couple of years ago in 2018 I killed two deer with my xbow that I also would have killed with my compound.  So my deer take wouldn't have changed at all then either. And in 2019 I didn't get anything and toted the xbow and even took most of it off to hunt. 

I enjoy using all the weapons and seasons, a dead deer is a dead deer. My buddy got one with the crossbow and I didn't tell him how easy it was. 

I certainly do like the xbow more in certain situations and would use it a lot in archery if they opened it up the whole season. But if they don't I am happy with my bow. And I guess then I would be able to have my cupcakes and eat them too! 

I think dedicated archery is a great challenge, but I really don't care what other hunters use as long as it's done legally. Let each person determine their own legal means to hunt that applies to them the best.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

No way this dope is stormy, his picture doesn’t have a duct tape scope mount on the shotgun.

The flair for drama, spelling/grammer prowess, and lack of any photos showing face and game harvest, are all good clues that they are one and the same.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hahaha I didn't know this was a spelling contest or a photo album
I don't even have time for this never mind spelling
I only stated my opinion on crossbows and you all came out which is fine but don't accuse me of anything except being dumb enough to respond but its one way to find out if this forum is worth a while

If you came in and gave a literate reasonable response you would have received a much better welcome. When you come in sounding like an idiot you’ll be treated as such.

Let’s go back to your archery shop scenario you brought up before.

You walk into a busy archery shop in September and say exactly what you typed on this forum you’ll probably get laughed out of the place and maybe even come out of it with a black eye.

I know I personally would verbally berate you until you left in tears and had the entire shop laughing at you if I over heard the kind of diarrhea come out of your mouth that you typed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

"Cupcake" definition: "An individual, who uses a modern, high-letoff compound bow, and opposes the use of a crossbow during any portion of archery season." Synonyms: stormy123, hunter007, rowdy10, most nyb members.

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 3

Hey just wondering why you need a 10ga for turkeys a 20ga works just fine.

As for whining about crossbows though the whole bow season who really gives a crap. I shoot my bow way to good to give it up. I see no real advantage to a crossbow except that its easier to learn how to shoot and that’s not a bad thing. I would rather have someone that’s good with a crossbow in the woods. Then some Nick Knack that shoots their bow once a year and call themselves a bow hunter.:russian::taunt:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WNYTRPR said:

We pay to do the states management .We have made this all too complicated .

We do not the legislature handles game management,  until. We have a right to hunt and fish in the state constitution to be managed by game dept, we are at mercy of legislative leaders..  

I'd dec was in charge x bows would of been legal all of archery years ago

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Rowdy10 said:

No problem You don't need to tell me that , but I can give you or you can find 100s of current gun hunters who don't bow hunt but would buy a crossbow in a flash beat and they would tell you it's just easier for them -over the years I tried to make guys bow hunt spend time setting them up taking them out and encouraging them but it don't last- now mention crossbows and they are all in forever -I guess until we start hunting with drones or whatever is easier
Again we are talking just regular hunters which is the majority
Top 3 percent of hunters really forget how good they are or how bad they want it

1st is it goes in archery all season you need an archery course, many are just to lazy to take it,unlike now classifying as a gun . 

The main thing is you still need to get in range of a deer with a crossbow, many who pick up crossbow and see deer duck arrows and arrows deflect off unseen limbs  ,give up.. getting a crossbow doesnt mean they will kill a deer with it or even see one to shoot at.  A crossbow doenst improve your hunting / scouting / set up skills. 

Edited by G-Man
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Rowdy10 said:

I said We can open shotgun season October 1st as far as I care -
Would be nice to see how many crossbow lovers would then still use crossbow -
I know I still would use my bow at least to end of November

Hey look....You made a choice. Get off the high horse and let everyone else do the same. You afraid someone is going to kill “Your” deer?

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Rowdy10 said:

No problem I was being a little sarcastic -I shouldn't have used a cupcake but in my mind if someone is fat it don't mean they are cupcakes (its more how lazy they are or whatever ) even if they like crossbow it's just that it's frustrating that there is less and less true bow hunters which i understand why but just think bow guys should have at least 2 weeks to them selfs especially on public
I understand sometime is definitely easier with a bow just because they are not pressured yet or haven't been spoked at that spot or whatever
I bought a crossbow 10years ago the most expensive one at the time with gas cylinder or whatever THAT THING IS STILL IN THE BOX NEVER BEEN USED not one shot SPENT ALMOST 2k on it on all the setup but did shoot friends crossbows over the years just at the target

Sounds like you don't want the challenge of other hunters in the woods with you, cupcake.