Crossbows proposed in all seasons 2021

Would be the best move NYS made if that happens, but doubt NYS will not GF it somehow. No proof any hunter actually used/hunted with a Xbow since a ML & a basic hunter safety course is what's required currently. May be some legal issue with telling hunters that they can no longer use a Xbow w/o a bow safety course. I have a bow safety cert, but those that have hunter the past 6yrs in NYS with a Xbow just might be PO'ed if told to take bow course.... Not to beat a dead horse, but that's just part of 2014's Xbow regs being FUBAR.

1 hour ago, nyslowhand said:

Would be the best move NYS made if that happens, but doubt NYS will not GF it somehow. No proof any hunter actually used/hunted with a Xbow since a ML & a basic hunter safety course is what's required currently. May be some legal issue with telling hunters that they can no longer use a Xbow w/o a bow safety course. I have a bow safety cert, but those that have hunter the past 6yrs in NYS with a Xbow just might be PO'ed if told to take bow course.... Not to beat a dead horse, but that's just part of 2014's Xbow regs being FUBAR.

Same happened in 70 when an archery course was required to use a bow after years of just being able to use one.. suddenly bow course required

44 minutes ago, 9jNYstarkOH said:

As a lifetime license holder with xbow/muzzloader lifetime license would I be required to add archery lifetime? and can I still add it now as I live out of state?

Archery course will be required as it wouldbe reclasified as archery equipment and not a muzzleloader 

3 hours ago, 9jNYstarkOH said:

Archery license?

Yes archery lice ce will be required as they will. E archery equipment. So an archery course must be taken. This will happen sooner or later if this oasses now or later.  So if you want to hunt xbow in the future you should take an archery course so you wont be left out scrambling to get it last minute

1 hour ago, 9jNYstarkOH said:

Awesome I bought a lifetime crossbow/muzzleloader license for crossbow season that won’t be worth a damn if it goes down that way.

There is no xbow muzzlerloader licence simply a muzzleloader licence..it will no longer be a muzzleloader but archery equipment. So an archery licence will be needed. 

• Like 3

Take the archery class online, pay a nominal fee and it's a no brainer. Alot easier now then when  I took my class in person some 30+ years ago because at that time  you also had to pass a proficiency class, actually had to shoot my bow at the class and had to pass that along with the written to get my archery cert. Right now you can just take the class online, take the written and they immediately email you your certificate which you can print out. My son took both his gun and archery online a couple months ago and did both in a few days. The only thing that's time consuming is the class as the system will not let you skip ahead even if you feel you are already well versed in any given topic. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, sbuff said:

Does it say if it would be allowed in bow only mdus?

I wonder about this as well...I have a x-bow and compound and use each as the law dictates depending on were I am hunting. As someone who transitioned from x-bow to compound in the last couple years, I find the compound much more versatile when setting up stands and such. My x-bow shoots awesome and is deadly, but it's cumbersome in a tree when its game time imho. But its hard to discredit all of the + sides of using the x-bow vs compound.  

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

The only Negative  that,I  can see is more competition  on Public with established  Archers who won't  be happy that perhaps more new Deer Hunters will also be Scouting out that Big Public Buck they have their eye on...

IMO, this is the MAIN (and possibly only) reason this has not passed in the past.  Only Archers are opposed to it, and those that hunt private land shouldn't be affected.

• Thanks 1