M2Ap

Chef

• 5 weeks later...
Just curious, what does one do with AP rounds?

I just have fun with them... shoot through things. I also have API, I, and WP spotter rounds. None of those are for sale. Nor do I shoot the api or I they are collectors items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Chef said:

I just have fun with them... shoot through things. I also have API, I, and WP spotter rounds. None of those are for sale. Nor do I shoot the api or I they are collectors items.

Interesting.   Not suggesting there is anything wrong with having them or shooting them.   They just don't seem very practical or cost effective to plink with.   But I could see collecting them as part of your military stuff.

Interesting.   Not suggesting there is anything wrong with having them or shooting them.   They just don't seem very practical or cost effective to plink with.   But I could see collecting them as part of your military stuff.

Exactly... even the AP I think I’ve shot a total of 20 of them. But I watching them slice through .5-3/4 inch hardened steel is pretty cool.

So most likely good penetration on a deer?
Superb penetration on cinder blocks but not nearly as exciting as a .458 socom sledgehammer smashing them to bits blowing off giant chunks 100 feet into the air.@Chef knows what I'm talking about

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

The AP was much better at penetrating the socom
Just chopped it apart. Completely different principals

It blew it apart. Also more damage so I give the win to socom zipping right through something is just too damn boring

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

50 minutes ago, Chef said:

The AP was much better at penetrating the socom
Just chopped it apart. Completely different principals

I've got a half dozen of the AP. I had a dozen. They were fun to play with. Curios on the SOCOM.  what grain and what type rounds were you using. I plan on using one for deer this coming season for a few hunts.