National Guard Troops disrespected in DC

I saw a report of some National Guard troops were herded into an underground DC parking garage, because some Democrat got his panties in a bind and complained over a Guardsman not wearing a mask. More details on Breitbart. Disgraceful to our troops. Oh well, people voted/cheated these garbagemen, including the head janitor, into office. Maybe our esteemed "Journalists " will question the head janitor on this disgraceful treatment of servicemen and women....oh wait a minute...he's taking a basement nap... 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Merlot said:

I saw a report of some National Guard troops were herded into an underground DC parking garage, because some Democrat got his panties in a bind and complained over a Guardsman not wearing a mask. More details on Breitbart. Disgraceful to our troops. Oh well, people voted/cheated these garbagemen, including the head janitor, into office. Maybe our esteemed "Journalists " will question the head janitor on this disgraceful treatment of servicemen and women....oh wait a minute...he's taking a basement nap... 

What do you expect from a government that considers our servicemen and women, potential domestic terrorists?

Edited by DoubleDose
typo

8 minutes ago, DoubleDose said:

What do you expect from a government that considers our servicemen and women, potential domestic terrorists?

And our son, serving with the Army in S Korea, is taking orders from this clown. God help us.

When I saw the video of soldiers sleeping on concrete I was reminded of the acronym FUBAR.  Sorry if you do not know what it means, its too vulgar to print out.

Those in command need to be removed.  A commander is responsible for the "health and welfare" of the troops they command.  Remove them.

Did they not dispatch an advance party to ensure the necessary logistical support was available?  This operation had plenty of time to properly prepare that when the troops arrived they would be welcomed with proper billeting, mess support and medical support.  Maybe the commanders where too busy trying to figure out what new medal they would be awarded since they obviously were not too concerned about their soldiers.   

President and General Dwight Eisenhower warned of the "industrial-military" complex whose main mission was to make MONEY regardless of the human cost of war.  The Vietnam War and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are cold, but truth examples of the blood these war profiteers have on their hands who did not sacrifice their treasure.  There are plenty of Americans who look down on the military.  Vietnam vets are the ones I honor the most.  Young men and women went to a nation of people not willing to wholeheartedly fight for their own freedom, so Americans had to do it.  They gave America their helping hand and in return received the FINGER.

The news gets worse with this Bravo Sierra.  Since Vietnam the National Guard and Reserve forces have been heavily used.  Many of those who returned from active duty were met with hostile employers.  President George W. Bush had to appoint a special counsel to prosecute those who broke the law in their treatment of returning employees.  

Edited by ADK Native

2 hours ago, ADK Native said:

When I saw the video of soldiers sleeping on concrete I was reminded of the acronym FUBAR.  Sorry if you do not know what it means, its too vulgar to print out.

Understandable.  When I saw the video, I appreciated this is our Capitol and our government, and was reminded of the acronym SNAFU!  Also, sorry if you do not know what it means, it's too vulgar to print out.

Like a removed hemorrhoid?

I'm astounded how quickly Trump ceased to matter, not only to his detractors but to his fervent followers. The Proud Boys are dropping him. Q followers are realizing that he isn't going to release the Kraken and maybe they were just LARPing the whole time. The Republicans will take a little longer, but they will wash their hands of Trump as soon as it's politically prudent. That is the ones who don't go down with him. Elections have consequences. 

It's been a fascinating week. Mostly because we forgot what normalcy was.