Remington 22LR 500 Round Bricks In Stock ( Limit 2 )

SportsmanNH

12 minutes ago, Don_C said:

It's kind of what they are going for everywhere now. That place won't ship to NY, but I have purchased from them and shipped to family in PA.

I found this notice in their buyers guide. They do ship to NY but it has to go to a FFL .  Must be a company policy because some on HNY have gotten ammo delivered directly to their house

Ammunition Restrictions

• All ammunition is considered hazardous and will be shipped standard ground service only.
  • For safety reasons, there are no returns on any ammunition products.
  • Read frequently asked questions and conditions of sale.
  • Ammunition is restricted from sale to:
    • Alaska (Due to Department of Transportation Regulations)
    • Hawaii (Due to Department of Transportation Regulations)
    • California (without FFL)
    • Chicago, IL
    • Massachusetts
    • New York (without FFL)
    • Washington, D.C.
    • For other locations, please check your local laws and restrictions before ordering any ammunition products.

Residents of Connecticut must provide a copy of his or her valid Pistol Permit, "Ammunition Certificate", or Long Gun Eligibility Certificate prior to the shipment of the ammunition. This can be emailed to us or faxed to 740-929-6024.

Residents of Illinois must provide a copy of his or her valid Firearm Owner's Identification Card (FOID) AND either his or her Illinois driver's license or Illinois State Identification Card prior to the shipment of the ammunition. This can be emailed to us or faxed to 740-929-6024.

Residents of New Jersey must provide a copy of his or her valid Firearms Purchaser Identification Card (FPID) prior to the shipment of the ammunition. This can be emailed to us or faxed to 740-929-6024.

24 minutes ago, SportsmanNH said:

Must be a company policy because some on HNY have gotten ammo delivered directly to their house

They can ship to areas outside of NYC and surrounding counties . Because most online retailers don’t want to have to figure out where and where not they can ship to NY,  they don’t at all .

So some will ship to a FFL, a few to your home, and many just say F it and don’t ship here at all. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Splitear said:

We sold some at our 4-H auction in October for 30 cents a round, but I kind of figured that was a mix of lack of supply and charity. Looking like 30 cents or more might be the norm before too long.

I'm sitting on a gold mine if I sold all of mine. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

I gave away a few boxes of the Remington 22 cal Thunderbolts a few years ago before the ammo shortage . It was the worst 22 ammo ever as it would dirty up the action of my rifle and pistol . Went with federal and Winchester 22 ammo .

I saw a bunch of comments about being dirty afterwards . Junky powder you think ? 

4 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

I gave away a few boxes of the Remington 22 cal Thunderbolts a few years ago before the ammo shortage . It was the worst 22 ammo ever as it would dirty up the action of my rifle and pistol . Went with federal and Winchester 22 ammo .

The clips on my Ruger 10/22 never liked that crap either.  I dont have any trouble with the cheap Winchester stuff, and Remington yellow jackets seem to work fine.  My supply of .22 is ok because I have hoarding the last few years, using my bb gun for most target practice. 

I mostly just use the .22 now for squirrel hunting and dispatching coons caught in traps. 

2 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

The clips on my Ruger 10/22 never liked that crap either.  I dont have any trouble with the cheap Winchester stuff, and Remington yellow jackets seem to work fine.  My supply of .22 is ok because I have hoarding the last few years, using my bb gun for most target practice. 

I mostly just use the .22 now for squirrel hunting and dispatching coons caught in traps. 

I keep hearing guys talk about practicing with BB guns, and I think that’s a great way to keep sharp. My issue has always been finding a pellet rifle that felt like a hunting rifle. Well, today I got to mess around with a couple of our new program guns, both are cO2 pellet guns. One is an AirVenturi Springfield Armory licensed M-1 style, and the other is a Umarex Ruger licensed 10/22 style. They have built these guns to look and feel like the real thing, both in size and weight. I’ve not messed with M-1s much, but it really felt good. The 10/22 style really felt like holding and sighting an actual 10/22. Even though I haven’t shot them yet, I’d say that they would make a great practice tool.

I didn’t take any photos, but I just googled a few. 

0BD2D3DA-21A1-497C-AE67-33CABE8157BC.png

022EA1A4-796F-40E3-97E2-36ABA03F07D2.jpeg

I found this notice in their buyers guide. They do ship to NY but it has to go to a FFL .  Must be a company policy because some on HNY have gotten ammo delivered directly to their house

Ammunition Restrictions

• All ammunition is considered hazardous and will be shipped standard ground service only.
  • For safety reasons, there are no returns on any ammunition products.
  • Read frequently asked questions and conditions of sale.
  • Ammunition is restricted from sale to:
    • Alaska (Due to Department of Transportation Regulations)
    • Hawaii (Due to Department of Transportation Regulations)
    • California (without FFL)
    • Chicago, IL
    • Massachusetts
    • New York (without FFL)
    • Washington, D.C.
    • For other locations, please check your local laws and restrictions before ordering any ammunition products.

Residents of Connecticut must provide a copy of his or her valid Pistol Permit, "Ammunition Certificate", or Long Gun Eligibility Certificate prior to the shipment of the ammunition. This can be emailed to us or faxed to 740-929-6024.

Residents of Illinois must provide a copy of his or her valid Firearm Owner's Identification Card (FOID) AND either his or her Illinois driver's license or Illinois State Identification Card prior to the shipment of the ammunition. This can be emailed to us or faxed to 740-929-6024.

Residents of New Jersey must provide a copy of his or her valid Firearms Purchaser Identification Card (FPID) prior to the shipment of the ammunition. This can be emailed to us or faxed to 740-929-6024.

Yeah, I know. I have purchased from them a few times and ship to family in PA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, Splitear said:

I keep hearing guys talk about practicing with BB guns, and I think that’s a great way to keep sharp. My issue has always been finding a pellet rifle that felt like a hunting rifle. Well, today I got to mess around with a couple of our new program guns, both are cO2 pellet guns. One is an AirVenturi Springfield Armory licensed M-1 style, and the other is a Umarex Ruger licensed 10/22 style. They have built these guns to look and feel like the real thing, both in size and weight. I’ve not messed with M-1s much, but it really felt good. The 10/22 style really felt like holding and sighting an actual 10/22. Even though I haven’t shot them yet, I’d say that they would make a great practice tool.

I didn’t take any photos, but I just googled a few. 

0BD2D3DA-21A1-497C-AE67-33CABE8157BC.png

022EA1A4-796F-40E3-97E2-36ABA03F07D2.jpeg

I put an adult sized stock and a steel "big loop" on my daughters Red-Ryder to match up with my Marlin 336BL 30/30. Dimentionally it is pretty close but the weight is about half:

20210122_175422.jpg

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1

Camping World/Gander Outdoors had a clearance sale on turkey (Winchester long beard) and waterfowl ammo yesterday. They don't ship to NY, but ammo was in stock. The turkey ammo was $15 for a box of 10 12 ga. 3" shells and $23/box for 12ga. 3.5" shells. Limit 3. They also had so Aguila subsonic .22 rounds for under $6/box. Given that I don't use all that many turkey rounds, a couple of boxes should go me a long time. It was great to see ammo in stock at decent prices.

• Like 2