Case Russlocks

I've been on a big Russlock kick lately, and since my new stag handle showed up today, I figured I'd share. As a nail biter, I find nail nicks almost impossible to operate, however, I'm a traditional folder type of guy, so I don't go for the the tactical, assisted opening knives. I've found that the Case Russlock is my favorite one hand opener. I do like my full size Sodbuster, as well as my EZ open trapper for pinch opening, but now that I have the knack for opening the Russlock, I usually have one of these guys in my pocket. I also like that they are a liner lock, making for easy one hand closing as well. 

My favorite blade is the drop point, but I couldn't pass up the pretty stag on the clip. The others are an antique smooth bone, and a saw cut molasses bone. 

IMG_1166.JPEG

IMG_1168.JPEG

IMG_1169.JPEG

IMG_1170.JPEG

• Like 2

Those are some nice looking knives. I purchased a few case trappers a couple years ago and put them away for my young boys as a gift when they pass their hunter ed class hopefully one day.
Once covid passes I would like to take a day trip down to the Case factory for a look around.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Those are some nice looking knives. I purchased a few case trappers a couple years ago and put them away for my young boys as a gift when they pass their hunter ed class hopefully one day.
Once covid passes I would like to take a day trip down to the Case factory for a look around.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I got started collecting when I was in my late teens. Between my dad and an uncle, I learned a lot about US made folders, though there’s still a lot to learn. I primarily collect “carry” knives, ones that I’m not afraid to throw in my pocket, with my favorites being Case and Western. 

I’ve got to say, trappers are one of my favorite patterns, but hard to open with my nails. I have an old Western “Raccoon” single blade liner lock trapper style with a skinner blade that has the EZ open cutouts that I carry quite often. 

Edited by Splitear