Greatest and Worst Presidents in History

I find it interesting the way that Presidents are ranked by historians in terms of Presidential greatness and, more than anything, wonder what metrics they use to compile their lists. Is it based on  from overall popularity from polling, whether or not they won re-election, their policies, etc., or, a combination ? Well, clearly the list is clearly biased in favor of democrat Prez's cuz--no surprise!-- the makers of the lists are primarily Libbie/Ivory Tower types, so, they love their Dems!! lol 

In all candor though , any list is going to be highly subjective due to individual biases and preferences; however,  that doesnt mean that their cant be elements of objectivity as well.

With that being said and, Without getting too technical,    this is my list of the greatest and worst Presidents in History  IMHO:

Greatest

1. Abraham Lincoln (I mean, Who can argue w that!!)

2.George Washington  ( The consummate Leader and, such a humble man.  Because of his leadership, able to establish the Precedent for the office of President  would NOT be a King)

3.Thomas Jefferson (Louisiana Purchase)

4.James Monroe (Monroe Doctrine)

5.Ronald Reagan (Fall of the Soviet Union- The Great Communicator)

Worst

1.James Buchanon- The antithesis of true Leadership.  A spineless coward that did nothing while the Southern states put their plans for secession into operation

2.Franklin Pearce (His nickname of "Doughface" was fitting; very much a proslavery Yankee  with no Principles)

3.Jimmy Carter-Did more to ruin the reputation of the US internationally than any other Prez with his failedand weak leadership during the Iran hostage crisis.  

4.FDR- A true Communist at heart (at the very least, a Fellow Traveler) , had an eternal love affair with Josef Stalin and the Soviet Union 

5.Barack Obama- Weak on terrorism, weak on leadership, the consummate American apologist for everything that was and wasnt our fault.  this guy couldnt wait to genuflect to other world leaders! Further, we have seen no greater divider of the American people in history than him (The Beer Summit, Travon Martin, etc. Also, BLM started under him , as did ANTIFA). 

1 hour ago, Northcountryman said:

1 ) Barack Obama- Weak on terrorism, weak on leadership, the consummate American apologist for everything that was and wasn't our fault.  this guy couldn't wait to genuflect to other world leaders! Further, we have seen no greater divider of the American people in history than him (The Beer Summit, Travon Martin, etc. Also, BLM started under him , as did ANTIFA). 

I vote to move Obama up to number 1 as the WORST President the USA has ever had. Let me add to the list as to move him up the ladder to number 1 worst besides whats listed.

1 ) ISSIS . Remember the JV team ? The terrorist team that took over  most of Syria , Libya , a huge portion of Iraq , and spread into Yemen . 

2 )  Managed to become " The Food Stamp King "  For 8 straight years the amount of people on food stamps rose to reach the highest level in history including the great depression by 2016 . There were 7.5 million more people on food stamps from when Obama took office than the day he left

3 )  For 8 straight years the " Workforce Participation Rate " went down . In other words , once you used up your unemployment benefits you were no longer counted and according to the unemployment rate , you didn't exist and not accounted for. This was caused by overregulation , higher taxes ,  Obamacare ,  Many who lost their higher paying jobs had to settle  for lower paying part time jobs ( less than 28 hours a week at low pay to avoid paying health insurance along with companies shrinking their workforce ) I can write so much more on this subject.

4 ) Obamacare in itself . Already strained middle class had to pay through the nose much higher costs for health insurance with skyrocket deductibles . Although a novel idea , the policy was heavily flawed. I can go into detail to show the flaws but I would be typing all day. I will point one out though from experience. I'm self employed . My family healthcare plan went from $1130 a month with a $2,000 family deductible that I could be covered everywhere I traveled before Obamacare to $1,996 a month with a $13,500 deductible to only be covered in a small network of local Doctors when Obamacare went into affect . And the big lie of " It will save $2,500 a year on your health insurance "

4 )  We always see the National Debt figure . When Obama took office the national debt was around 9 trillion.         When he left office the debt figure you would see was 20 trillion . But thats all you were shown . There was another 7.4 trillion of debt that the Treasury was holding . Normally the treasury may carry 200 to 500 billion for short term surprises like natural disasters . But now they were in unchartered waters holding 7.4 trillion. Bernanke bought up the debt and kept it in the treasury . I believe this number has been whittled down to under 2 trillion when the treasury sold off alot of these non performing assets for 20-30 cents on the dollar . You Wall Street guys on HNY should know about this . The worst part is Obama had NOTHING TO SHOW FOR ANY OF THIS DEBT ! 

There are way more negatives that I could add but I would be wasting my time . There is one big thing I will give Obama credit for . He gave the " Go Ahead " for the mission to take out Bin Laden . Clinton refused at least 3 times to give the military the green light. Didn't believe it was popular.  Obama made the right decision . The only one that voted against it was Biden. 

Edited by SportsmanNH
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, SportsmanNH said:

I vote to move Obama up to number 1 as the WORST President the USA has ever had. Let me add to the list as to move him up the ladder to number 1 worst besides whats listed.

1 ) ISSIS . Remember the JV team ? The terrorist team that took over  most of Syria , Libya , a huge portion of Iraq , and spread into Yemen . 

2 )  Managed to become " The Food Stamp King "  For 8 straight years the amount of people on food stamps rose to reach the highest level in history including the great depression by 2016 . There were 7.5 million more people on food stamps from when Obama took office than the day he left

3 )  For 8 straight years the " Workforce Participation Rate " went down . In other words , once you used up your unemployment benefits you were no longer counted and according to the unemployment rate , you didn't exist and not accounted for. This was caused by overregulation , higher taxes ,  Obamacare ,  Many who lost their higher paying jobs had to settle  for lower paying part time jobs ( less than 28 hours a week at low pay to avoid paying health insurance along with companies shrinking their workforce ) I can write so much more on this subject.

4 ) Obamacare in itself . Already strained middle class had to pay through the nose much higher costs for health insurance with skyrocket deductibles . Although a novel idea , the policy was heavily flawed. I can go into detail to show the flaws but I would be typing all day. I will point one out though from experience. I'm self employed . My family healthcare plan went from $1130 a month with a $2,000 family deductible that I could be covered everywhere I traveled before Obamacare to $1,996 a month with a $13,500 deductible to only be covered in a small network of local Doctors when Obamacare went into affect . And the big lie of " It will save $2,500 a year on your health insurance "

4 )  We always see the National Debt figure . When Obama took office the national debt was around 9 trillion.         When he left office the debt figure you would see was 20 trillion . But thats all you were shown . There was another 7.4 trillion of debt that the Treasury was holding . Normally the treasury may carry 200 to 500 billion for short term surprises like natural disasters . But now they were in unchartered waters holding 7.4 trillion. Bernanke bought up the debt and kept it in the treasury . I believe this number has been whittled down to under 2 trillion when the treasury sold off alot of these non performing assets for 20-30 cents on the dollar . You Wall Street guys on HNY should know about this . The worst part is Obama had NOTHING TO SHOW FOR ANY OF THIS DEBT ! 

There are way more negatives that I could add but I would be wasting my time . There is one big thing I will give Obama credit for . He gave the " Go Ahead " for the mission to take out Bin Laden . Clinton refused at least 3 times to give the military the green light. Didn't believe it was popular.  Obama made the right decision . The only one that voted against it was Biden. 

Nah, Obama aint #1; Imean, he definitely blows , no doubt, but #1? I think Jimmy Carter embarrassed himself -and us- far more than "Barry" did; besides, Obama won re-electio nand Carteer got smoked!!  Also,  nobody can ever be as bad as JB was prior to the Civil War.  You know, I wanted to see if I could squeeze LBJ in there, Mr. Creator of the "Great Society"- Great Society of welfare creation that is!!!