Jump to content

Laid-off Keystone XL worker shares his heartbreaking message for Biden


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Running that oil on warren buffetts train is line is politics, is it a better for the environment no. I don’t see what you guys don’t get.  https://www.insidesources.com/bidens-attack-on-the-keys

BMM, Come on Man ! Solar has been around for decades and so has wind power. The power supply from both of those systems to power the US isn't there and never will be. We'd have to cover

Posted Images

Hey it’s only 100,000 good jobs lost , I’m sure just like with Obama ,there’ll be tons of shovel ready ,and green jobs just waiting lol .

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So the Keystone XL project is canceled?

Are the Democrats going to blame Trump since he wanted the pipeline?

Is that why the price of gasoline is on the rise?

Is that why Canadians are going to dislike Americans more?  For a few minutes and then sell all that oil to China!

President Biden is certainly not all there.  First he was a do nothing politician for nearly five decades and when he finally was selected by the Democrats to run for president his VP selection was someone who insulted him and berated him before the whole world.  In Joes defense, Come on man, I am not in charge of this destroy America project.  Who is Joseph?

I think Biden needs to investigate who really killed Jeffrey Epstein or how Solyndra made $500,000,000 disappear!

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have noticed over the years that most politics is about not what is good or bad for people  or this country its about who can come up with the biggest bribe to who ever is in charge .  

Edited by phantom
Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s sad the low information voters that voted for Biden to save the environment. If you find buffett interesting you should check out Pelosi's Tesla stock buy options in December and now Biden want all government vehicles to be EV. It’s not hard just follow the money as it runs into the swamp.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, 9jNYstarkOH said:

Running that oil on warren buffetts train is line is politics, is it a better for the environment no. I don’t see what you guys don’t get. 

https://www.insidesources.com/bidens-attack-on-the-keystone-xl-pipeline-is-politics-not-policy/

8E1C72DC-F734-4F63-8ADE-68C2744F7816.jpeg

 

11 hours ago, rob-c said:

Where’s the Biden supporters comments ? Their silent on telling us how he’s so much better than Trump.

Ether the scales on there eyes are so thick they can't see the truth or they hate Trump to much to admit the truth.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, rob-c said:

Where’s the Biden supporters comments ? Their silent on telling us how he’s so much better than Trump.

Screw building another oil pipeline. Oil and coal and gas need to be phased out. There will be tons of jobs in the new energy sector. 

Did we keep lead paint after finding out the drawbacks? Why would one invest in fossil fuels? Europe had its first year where renewables had a bigger share than oil and gas and coal for their energy supply. 

There is tremendous possibility,but most people just want to go back to the past. That will not work. One can learn from the past,but making the same mistakes is ...crazy.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

Screw building another oil pipeline. Oil and coal and gas need to be phased out. There will be tons of jobs in the new energy sector. 

Did we keep lead paint after finding out the drawbacks? Why would one invest in fossil fuels? Europe had its first year where renewables had a bigger share than oil and gas and coal for their energy supply. 

There is tremendous possibility,but most people just want to go back to the past. That will not work. One can learn from the past,but making the same mistakes is ...crazy.

If it's about the environment you should look into renewable energy. Check out the long term effects of solar farms, windmills, and lithium mining. Not too friendly for the environment. 

 

We can and should have multiple options if you ask me. That is how a strong, energy dependent country should be. When a country isn't dependent on a single power source it is a win for everyone. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, 9jNYstarkOH said:

It’s sad the low information voters that voted for Biden to save the environment. If you find buffett interesting you should check out Pelosi's Tesla stock buy options in December and now Biden want all government vehicles to be EV. It’s not hard just follow the money as it runs into the swamp.

Why dont i ever hear anyone complain about the subsidies the big oil companies are getting? They sure dont need help by my reckoning. 

Or the two ousted georgia senators selling their stock after the first covid briefing? Smart move,right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BowmanMike said:

Why dont i ever hear anyone complain about the subsidies the big oil companies are getting? They sure dont need help by my reckoning. 

Or the two ousted georgia senators selling their stock after the first covid briefing? Smart move,right?

I think that no business should need subsidies, renewable energy or fossil fuels but only one is actually solvent enough to survive without subsidies.

https://blogs.ei.columbia.edu/2019/09/23/energy-subsidies-renewables-fossil-fuels/

https://www.instituteforenergyresearch.org/renewable/fossil-fuels-dominate-u-s-energy-production-but-receive-a-small-percentage-of-federal-fuel-subsidies/amp/

The Georgia senators stock trades where all over MSM when the story broke and you are free to bring it up now as you were when it was a current event like Buffett and Pelosi deals are now.

E9A2A613-58C3-48E9-B06D-7BFC5BA251D3.jpeg

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

Screw building another oil pipeline. Oil and coal and gas need to be phased out. There will be tons of jobs in the new energy sector. 

Did we keep lead paint after finding out the drawbacks? Why would one invest in fossil fuels? Europe had its first year where renewables had a bigger share than oil and gas and coal for their energy supply. 

There is tremendous possibility,but most people just want to go back to the past. That will not work. One can learn from the past,but making the same mistakes is ...crazy.

Tell the thousands of union workers families to screw it. You truly crack me up. It doesn’t effect you so it’s ok. So much for Biden saying he’s for union workers. Actually so much for him protecting the middle class period,  considering he froze   trump’s  insulin and  epipen cost cuts . 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Next look in to the water and land pullution caused by the lithium mining process and see how environmental friendly it is not. Joe Biden’s EV fleet will cause massive environmental and physical damage mostly to poor rural areas in third world counties. For example it takes 500,000 gallons of water to mine enough lithium for 75.75 Tesla batteries. 

So let’s do the math 

645000 government vehicles divided by 75.75 =8514.85

8514.85 multiplied by 500,000 gallons of water= 4,257,425,000 gallons of water needed to change over the U.S. fleet to EV seems environmental friendly?

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/lithium-batteries-environment-impact

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rob-c said:

Actually so much for him protecting the middle class period,  considering he froze   trump’s  insulin and  epipen cost cuts . 

Look at diabetes rates per ethnicity this is just Biden being racist again. Joking but sadly true.

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

Screw building another oil pipeline. Oil and coal and gas need to be phased out. There will be tons of jobs in the new energy sector. 

Did we keep lead paint after finding out the drawbacks? Why would one invest in fossil fuels? Europe had its first year where renewables had a bigger share than oil and gas and coal for their energy supply. 

There is tremendous possibility,but most people just want to go back to the past. That will not work. One can learn from the past,but making the same mistakes is ...crazy.

As a mason you should know cement leads to 8% of the CO2 emissions are you quitting your job tomorrow or should we draw the line where it effects you.

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/science-environment-46455844

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, 9jNYstarkOH said:

As a mason you should know cement leads to 8% of the CO2 emissions are you quitting your job tomorrow or should we draw the line where it effects you.

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/science-environment-46455844

I am ready for something different..I also drive a truck,but would not mind going back to horse and buggy.  It doesnt hurt to think of the big picture. If anyone thinks burning fossil fuels that took hundreds of thousands of years to form at the scale we are burning it has no effect on the environment they are fools. 

It makes me happy i dont have any kids that will have to live in an ever crazier world because we did nothing to change. You think caravans of people seeking refuge are big now,wait another 20 years and get back to me then. 

Business as usual will be anything but.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 9jNYstarkOH said:

Next look in to the water and land pullution caused by the lithium mining process and see how environmental friendly it is not. Joe Biden’s EV fleet will cause massive environmental and physical damage mostly to poor rural areas in third world counties. For example it takes 500,000 gallons of water to mine enough lithium for 75.75 Tesla batteries. 

So let’s do the math 

645000 government vehicles divided by 75.75 =8514.85

8514.85 multiplied by 500,000 gallons of water= 4,257,425,000 gallons of water needed to change over the U.S. fleet to EV seems environmental friendly?

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/lithium-batteries-environment-impact

Lithium is not a solution but a crutch for now. Oil and gas are better? It all or nothing with you guys. There should be a mixed portfolio of energy sources. New york was powered by water 150 years ago,it is all regional specific. We dont do so well with solar probably...

Energy conservation is another area for much improvement. These things dont happen because there is a free market. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

Lithium is not a solution but a crutch for now. Oil and gas are better? It all or nothing with you guys. There should be a mixed portfolio of energy sources. New york was powered by water 150 years ago,it is all regional specific. We dont do so well with solar probably...

Energy conservation is another area for much improvement. These things dont happen because there is a free market. 

nice to have dreams how about horse and buggy ? lol  all we are doing is helping out china Russia and Iran  .

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

I am ready for something different..I also drive a truck,but would not mind going back to horse and buggy.  It doesnt hurt to think of the big picture. If anyone thinks burning fossil fuels that took hundreds of thousands of years to form at the scale we are burning it has no effect on the environment they are fools. 

It makes me happy i dont have any kids that will have to live in an ever crazier world because we did nothing to change. You think caravans of people seeking refuge are big now,wait another 20 years and get back to me then. 

Business as usual will be anything but.

Biden already said learn to code LOL. I agree burning fossil fuels has a effect but the big picture is we are wasting money on bs subsidies for shit technology when it should go into r and d of renewable resources that are solvent. And for you to say jump ship on oil with no solvent answer is just as ludicrous as you quitting your job with no solvent answer. To get back to the start the same goes for shipping oil by trains not a pipeline.

i am happy to have kids as it bring a lot of joy to life but I get it as it is also a large responsibility to bear. If we go the direction Democrats want to go the caravans won’t be coming for jobs, hand out maybe if we can still pretend to have a economy to give them hand outs but that ends when the US dollar stops running the world economy. They will most likely stay in their origin country or go to one with jobs which won’t be us.

37 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

Lithium is not a solution but a crutch for now. Oil and gas are better? It all or nothing with you guys. There should be a mixed portfolio of energy sources. New york was powered by water 150 years ago,it is all regional specific. We dont do so well with solar probably...

Energy conservation is another area for much improvement. These things dont happen because there is a free market. 

It’s not all or nothing but EV are doing more damage than good just because we don’t see it doesn’t mean there isn’t a problem same with sending manufacturing to China. Being powered by water is a whole different issue fish migration. Solars could be great in the future but currently panel recycling is nonexistent and again the rare earth metal mining is terrible.

 

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

Screw building another oil pipeline. Oil and coal and gas need to be phased out. There will be tons of jobs in the new energy sector. 

Did we keep lead paint after finding out the drawbacks? Why would one invest in fossil fuels? Europe had its first year where renewables had a bigger share than oil and gas and coal for their energy supply. 

There is tremendous possibility,but most people just want to go back to the past. That will not work. One can learn from the past,but making the same mistakes is ...crazy.

That's all good,but why shut the line down and bring it in by train? This country is far from ready to make a full switch it takes time and needs to be done right.Theres not enough technology to to convert the country over.Renewable energy isn't going to be the cure all.

What alternatives are you personally using right now?As a human race we always seem to evolve and stay on top.I have the confidence will continue to do so in the future.

Edited by rachunter
added
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

I am ready for something different..I also drive a truck,but would not mind going back to horse and buggy.  It doesnt hurt to think of the big picture. If anyone thinks burning fossil fuels that took hundreds of thousands of years to form at the scale we are burning it has no effect on the environment they are fools. 

It makes me happy i dont have any kids that will have to live in an ever crazier world because we did nothing to change. You think caravans of people seeking refuge are big now,wait another 20 years and get back to me then. 

Business as usual will be anything but.

If you are in such full support of this what alternative energy uses are you partaking in currently?  Electric vehicle? solar at your home? 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that oil and gas need to be phased out EVENTUALLY, but I do not believe that now is the time. Electric cars are gaining ground, but am I supposed to replace the following with electric;

Tractor

2 ATVs

2 Boats

2 weedwhackers

2 chainsaws

wood splitter

lawn mower

generator

tiller

leaf blower

ice auger

I should just be OK with $5 or more gas? Because some politicians who most likely use none of these things says so? How is this in my best interest? I guess I'm just supposed to shut up and drain my wallet.

Does anyone even make an electric tractor? Or an electric generator?

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...