Laid-off Keystone XL worker shares his heartbreaking message for Biden

12 hours ago, Shoots100 said:

I agree, but are all of these carbon emissions coming from the US of A ? Hell No.

Do we have to suffer for the non conforming nations that have no pollution controls in place and laugh at us for destroying our economy in the process ?

These same nations are in the Paris accord and don't pay a dime, but get to tell us what to do ?

F them and the cloud of smog they rode in on.

Trump was correct in getting out of the Paris accord and now Biden's jumping back in with both feet first.

Solar and wind power only account for 4.5% of our energy production and that 4.5 percent comes at a high cost, with little to show.

If there were renewable energy sources that showed promise, there would be no question the American public would be all for it, but it's not there yet. 

Almost everything on this planet emits carbon and the ocean sucks it up, so if the polar ice caps melt and make the ocean larger, it's actually helping in reducing the carbon on the planet.

Don't get me wrong, I am in agreement with you (see my earlier posts).  Man can only do something about carbon emission and pollution (not global warming), because it comes from us.  The USA should be doing this for the USA and Americans quality of life.  The USA is insignificant on rest of world in this regard due to Europe, Russia, China, India, and Australia which make up way more of the world than USA!  The USA had already achieved (and I believe exceeded) its goals in the Paris Accord so there was no reason to continue being in it.   This is pure politics and trying to be the Global Leader rather than America's Leader.

On 1/29/2021 at 8:41 PM, Shoots100 said:

I agree, but are all of these carbon emissions coming from the US of A ? Hell No.

Do we have to suffer for the non conforming nations that have no pollution controls in place and laugh at us for destroying our economy in the process ?

These same nations are in the Paris accord and don't pay a dime, but get to tell us what to do ?

F them and the cloud of smog they rode in on.

Trump was correct in getting out of the Paris accord and now Biden's jumping back in with both feet first.

Solar and wind power only account for 4.5% of our energy production and that 4.5 percent comes at a high cost, with little to show.

If there were renewable energy sources that showed promise, there would be no question the American public would be all for it, but it's not there yet. 

Almost everything on this planet emits carbon and the ocean sucks it up, so if the polar ice caps melt and make the ocean larger, it's actually helping in reducing the carbon on the planet.

Finally your science degree comes in handy. 

I would agree with over 90% of scientists that have a job in the field.

The per capita energy comsumption of the U.S. is pretty abysmal. Other countries have problems too,but wouldnt it make sense to be a leader and negotiate from a position of credibility with the other countries? If every one would get into the you emit more than a i do narrative.no constructive agreement could ever be reached.

25 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

Finally your science degree comes in handy. 

I would agree with over 90% of scientists that have a job in the field.

The per capita energy comsumption of the U.S. is pretty abysmal. Other countries have problems too,but wouldnt it make sense to be a leader and negotiate from a position of credibility with the other countries? If every one would get into the you emit more than a i do narrative.no constructive agreement could ever be reached.

So you agree, that we are supposed to destroy our jobs, make it impossible to do any manufacturing here and move it all to other countries that are our enemies. Nobody is denying a carbon footprint. We are asking to be able to compete on the same stage as other countries without ridiculous regulations. Nobody wants raw sewage dumped in our rivers or oil poured into our water supply. But wouldn't it make sense to have manufacturing and jobs here with some regulations as opposed to all the manufacturing in China or India with no regulations? No regard to waste or where it is dumped or how hazardous it is? No thought that these countries are going to cheat all while we keep moving jobs to these countries.  Explain to me how it is helping the environment  to carry the oil by rail car instead of a pipe line. Every place that oil is transferred, some is being lost. Can't we have common sense solutions cause from what i am seeing, none of it is commons sense....

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

So you agree, that we are supposed to destroy our jobs, make it impossible to do any manufacturing here and move it all to other countries that are our enemies. Nobody is denying a carbon footprint. We are asking to be able to compete on the same stage as other countries without ridiculous regulations. Nobody wants raw sewage dumped in our rivers or oil poured into our water supply. But wouldn't it make sense to have manufacturing and jobs here with some regulations as opposed to all the manufacturing in China or India with no regulations? No regard to waste or where it is dumped or how hazardous it is? No thought that these countries are going to cheat all while we keep moving jobs to these countries.  Explain to me how it is helping the environment  to carry the oil by rail car instead of a pipe line. Every place that oil is transferred, some is being lost. Can't we have common sense solutions cause from what i am seeing, none of it is commons sense....

There are amazing possibilities in the alternative energy market and energy conservation for millions of jobs. I do love a common sense approach. 

The U.S. imports more oil than we sell. Why wouldnt it all stay here and then we could buy the extra? The whole energy sector should change because it will give us an advantage. Less dependability on foreign power and being a leader in green technology,that should create more jobs than what is being lost in the dying fossil fuel sector.

42 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

There are amazing possibilities in the alternative energy market and energy conservation for millions of jobs. I do love a common sense approach. 

The U.S. imports more oil than we sell. Why wouldnt it all stay here and then we could buy the extra? The whole energy sector should change because it will give us an advantage. Less dependability on foreign power and being a leader in green technology,that should create more jobs than what is being lost in the dying fossil fuel sector.

You are always respectful with your answers but they never answer the question. How is moving oil by rail better than by pipeline? Fossil fuel isn't dying, we are just trying to kill it. Who do you know that doesn't use some sort of oil, natural gas or propane? I sure don't know anyone. How is raising the price to  oil and Natural Gas helpful to the economy or you and I?  Lithium, mined in China, at way more harm to the environment than fracking every thought of being. Solar Panels made in China. without regulation or waste standards. I agree that when green energy is plausible, (right now it isn't) it will lead to jobs. Probably in other countries that don't have the regulations we do....You can't even accept the thought that these policies have nothing to do with the environment and more to do with lining the pockets of those on the left. How do Pelosi, Biden and many others get wealth beyond imagining while having public paychecks for nearly 50 years? Follow the money......

Edited by ApexerER

44 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

just imagine waiting on line at the electric gas station to fill up it takes 1 hour for the electric  car in front of you to charge, think about that for a second next time you are at the gas station waiting to fill up a normal car  and there is a line which is already annoying enough.  we dont have something else because there is nothing that works as good  its that simple  no matter what they say .

Edited by phantom

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

just imagine waiting on line at the electric gas station to fill up it takes 1 hour for the car in front of you to charge, think about that for a second next time you are at the gas station waiting to fill up a normal car  and there is a line which is already annoying enough. 

And nobody talks about the impact on our electrical grid. Turn down your AC so we don't have a brown out but plug in your car????

Where are you going to go when the power is out for a few days on your car with a 100 mile range? i almost always have 50 Gallons of gas in my shed.....Between the mower, 4 wheeler, generator, and having some on reserve. Can i get a giant Capacitor to store my electricity in? 

Edited by ApexerER
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

You are always respectful with your answers but they never answer the question. How is moving oil by rail better than by pipeline? Fossil fuel isn't dying, we are just trying to kill it. Who do you know that doesn't use some sort of oil, natural gas or propane? I sure don't know anyone.  Lithium, mined in China, at way more harm to the environment than fracking every thought of being. Solar Panels made in China. without regulation or waste standards. I agree that when green energy is plausible, (right now it isn't) it will lead to jobs. Probably in other countries that don't have the regulations we do....You can't even accept the thought that these policies have nothing to do with the environment and more to do with lining the pockets of those on the left. How do Pelosi, Biden and many others get wealth beyond imagining while having public paychecks for nearly 50 years? Follow the money......

The only advantage for sending oil by rail is that the rail it is already there. It would be interesting to know at what point in time the carbon footprint of building the pipeline would equal the carbon footprint of moving it by rail. 

Trains move cargo much more efficient than most transportation options.

I do believe the policies have the environment as the motivating factor,not personal gain. Either way,if the environment benefits i am in. 

I agree that there ahould be much more manufacturing here in the states. Expensive oil might make U.S. products more competitive since shipping stuff around the world would become harder.

But it also is a commitment problem..As long as people go to the dollar store and walmart to buy the cheapest stuff they can find american made products can not compete. 

3 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

And nobody talks about the impact on our electrical grid. Turn down your AC so we don't have a brown out but plug in your car????

Where are you going to go when the power is out for a few days on your car with a 100 mile range? i almost always have 50 Gallons of gas in my shed.....Between the mower, 4 wheeler, generator, and having some on reserve. Can i get a giant Capacitor to store my electricity in? 

yep and with electric if there is a line  at the charging station you will be waiting all day to charge  each car takes a hour  if you are 4th in line that is a 4 hour wait crazy. 

3 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

That is why solar panels on most houses would be a great thing,to decentralize the electric grid that is failing anyway. Instead of transporting electricity hundreds of miles it could be used where it is produced. It all takes a shift in attitude. If it takes an hour to charge your car then you have to take that into consideration.

Before we can even think about electric cars for the whole nation (again I am against this dirty “clean” energy) we would have to have trillions dumped into the power grid infrastructure across the whole nation which would cause much more environmental damage than the keystone xl pipeline. You can not have house grade solar systems charging cars in any reasonable time. I honestly believe solar is a waste of time, money and resources we should give more money to dme fuel r and d.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 9jNYstarkOH said:

Before we can even think about electric cars for the whole nation (again I am against this dirty “clean” energy) we would have to have trillions dumped into the power grid infrastructure across the whole nation which would cause much more environmental damage than the keystone xl pipeline. You can not have house grade solar systems charging cars in any reasonable time. I honestly believe solar is a waste of time, money and resources we should give more money to dme fuel r and d.

Big oil spends more on PR than R&D. They are acting like big tobacco was. And not surprisingly when the fat cats want to protect their profits.

Big oil spends more on PR than R&D. They are acting like big tobacco was. And not surprisingly when the fat cats want to protect their profits.

The government should be subsidizing the r and d for large scale dme fuel operations  instead of wasting money on dirty solar and wind, also what’s big oil pr budget have to do with it. And if you look at the money BP is spending on clean energy you may be surprised. 

https://www.greentechmedia.com/amp/article/bp-to-invest-5b-a-year-on-low-carbon-and-cut-fossil-fuel-output-by-40-percent-by-2030

BMM, Come on Man !

Solar has been around for decades and so has wind power.

The power supply from both of those systems to power the US isn't there and never will be.

We'd have to cover the planet with solar panels and that would only supply 1/2 of the energy we need.

If you don't know it already, that energy needs to be stored somewhere and that somewhere is a bank of batteries.

The energy storage is the weak link in the solar/wind power system.

Batteries don't last long and need to be replaced and recycled.

Over in Europe, their dealing with a serious crisis on what to do with electric vehicle battery disposal or recycling.

Imagine that crisis on a 10 times bigger scale over here ?

America has been leading the rest of the world for too long and all we have to show for it, is higher taxes and more jobs going overseas, where they use slave labor and no pollution controls.

Name one other country that tax's it's citizens and sends those tax dollars to America ?

If America kept 10% of what we send to other countries, we'd have the money to pay off our debt.

If we saved 20%, we'd pay off our debt and have a kick ass health care system.

The American taxpayer is going to get it in the ass again with Biden's Green deal, which isn't a deal at all, unless you call getting screwed in the ass a deal.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Shoots100 said:

BMM, Come on Man !

Solar has been around for decades and so has wind power.

The power supply from both of those systems to power the US isn't there and never will be.

We'd have to cover the planet with solar panels and that would only supply 1/2 of the energy we need.

If you don't know it already, that energy needs to be stored somewhere and that somewhere is a bank of batteries.

The energy storage is the weak link in the solar/wind power system.

Batteries don't last long and need to be replaced and recycled.

Over in Europe, their dealing with a serious crisis on what to do with electric vehicle battery disposal or recycling.

Imagine that crisis on a 10 times bigger scale over here ?

America has been leading the rest of the world for too long and all we have to show for it, is higher taxes and more jobs going overseas, where they use slave labor and no pollution controls.

Name one other country that tax's it's citizens and sends those tax dollars to America ?

If America kept 10% of what we send to other countries, we'd have the money to pay off our debt.

If we saved 20%, we'd pay off our debt and have a kick ass health care system.

The American taxpayer is going to get it in the ass again with Biden's Green deal, which isn't a deal at all, unless you call getting screwed in the ass a deal.

Where do you get those numbers? People in most European countries pay way more taxes than we do. Especially the earners at the very top.

They also have bigger foreign aid programs by percentage.

It would take a lot more than taking some money from that to pay of our national debt. The military budget would be a good place to start since that is a biiig item.

Jobs going overseas has multiple reasons,a big one being that companies are looking to maximize their profit with little regard to the country they are based in or selling their stuff to. The global economy is not a great idea to me. 

I just looked it up,the U.S. spends less than half of what germany spends per capita on foreign aid,and less than a third or what England spends.

Edited by BowmanMike
  • Like 1

Where do you get those numbers? People in most European countries pay way more taxes than we do. Especially the earners at the very top.
They also have bigger foreign aid programs by percentage.
It would take a lot more than taking some money from that to pay of our national debt. The military budget would be a good place to start since that is a biiig item.
Jobs going overseas has multiple reasons,a big one being that companies are looking to maximize their profit with little regard to the country they are based in or selling their stuff to. The global economy is not a great idea to me. 
I just looked it up,the U.S. spends less than half of what germany spends per capita on foreign aid,and less than a third or what England spends.

You seem to like Europe a lot, ever think of moving back? Sounds like a perfect fit for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

The only advantage for sending oil by rail is that the rail it is already there. It would be interesting to know at what point in time the carbon footprint of building the pipeline would equal the carbon footprint of moving it by rail. 

Trains move cargo much more efficient than most transportation options.

I do believe the policies have the environment as the motivating factor,not personal gain. Either way,if the environment benefits i am in. 

I agree that there ahould be much more manufacturing here in the states. Expensive oil might make U.S. products more competitive since shipping stuff around the world would become harder.

But it also is a commitment problem..As long as people go to the dollar store and walmart to buy the cheapest stuff they can find american made products can not compete. 

Yes, the rail is already there. So is our electrical grid, oil production drilling rigs, coal plants etc. Aren't you the one arguing that we should move from those to clean more reliable means....like a pipe line? 

And once again, you didn't answer the question. How are burdensome regulations that move jobs and manufacturing too China and India with no regulations at all good for the environment? 

18 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

That is why solar panels on most houses would be a great thing,to decentralize the electric grid that is failing anyway. Instead of transporting electricity hundreds of miles it could be used where it is produced. It all takes a shift in attitude. If it takes an hour to charge your car then you have to take that into consideration.

Again, Solar panels are made in China, with no regulations at all. So is the mined Lithium for all those electric cars, at great harm to the environment. 

If solar panels powered a whole house everyday and made even more power than that to sell back to the electrical company every person would have solar panels. Do you have solar panels? I only know one person that was duped into that mess and it has been a disaster for them....

@BowmanMike, i can see you are very passionate about the environment. As sportsman we all should be. But to me it is very clear that these policies have nothing to do with the environment and everything to do with enriching those at the top. Just follow the money. Biden has become rich dealing with China. His son has a no show job that pays him millions from another countries power company. If you really think any of this has anything to do with the environment, well i have a magic rock that takes pollutants out of the air to sell you....

Anyway, i wish you the best, i am sure your heart is in the right place....

49 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

You seem to like Europe a lot, ever think of moving back? Sounds like a perfect fit for you!

I am actually. It does make sense to look how other people are doing things,maybe something can be learned? About what is possible and what is not ? Unless of course you already know whats best.

I am actually. It does make sense to look how other people are doing things,maybe something can be learned? About what is possible and what is not ? Unless of course you already know whats best.

We’re not perfect, far from it actually but I spent a month in Germany and from what I saw we are way better off here. All I saw over there was big Government control and very little freedom.

Instead of coming here and voting the US into that why not go back?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

@BowmanMike, i can see you are very passionate about the environment. As sportsman we all should be. But to me it is very clear that these policies have nothing to do with the environment and everything to do with enriching those at the top. Just follow the money. Biden has become rich dealing with China. His son has a no show job that pays him millions from another countries power company. If you really think any of this has anything to do with the environment, well i have a magic rock that takes pollutants out of the air to sell you....

Anyway, i wish you the best, i am sure your heart is in the right place....

I am interested in that rock...Haha.

Do you really think the reason for stuff being made in China and other countries is the lack of regulation or the cheap labor? That plays a bigger part by a long shot.

Just now, Buckmaster7600 said:

We’re not perfect, far from it actually but I spent a month in Germany and from what I saw we are way better off here. All I saw over there was big Government control and very little freedom.

Instead of coming here and voting the US into that why not go back?

I cant vote here,so you guys are lucky. There was no dual citizenship when i applied.

I love the space here in the U.S. I dont like the empty space in a lot of peoples heads so much though. Of course there are idiots everywhere. Germany and most of europe has a lot more regulations because people have been living together on much less space for a longer time than you guys here. That promotes a feeling of being part of a society and the world at large,where here personal indepence trumps most. I hate to break it to you,but you are part of the world,if you like it or not.