Live From The Water 2021!!

The_Real_TCIII

21 hours ago, chrisw said:

Fire walleye bite this morning, 2 limits in an hour, threw 2 back, home by 9. IMG_20210807_110246321.jpg

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

When they are biting like that i always want to stop and cast for them cause it's fun but then if limited out, usually just go in.  Its too hard to release them. Lol

• Like 2

23 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

Skunk city on Erie this morning. We were jigging and casting crank baits for bass. Marking fish all morning at times....then the fish finder was blank. Moved a few times between 25-37 feet but it was still a no go. July usually is typically a tough month on Eire....and they may be spilling into early August.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

We havent even been out lately. Last time( 2 weeks ago) out we put 12 smb bass ( 3guys) in the boat. All 1 pound'ish teenagers. Need ouside temps in consistant 70's for a long spell. So like you said september

We havent even been out lately. Last time( 2 weeks ago) out we put 12 smb bass ( 3guys) in the boat. All 1 pound'ish teenagers. Need ouside temps in consistant 70's for a long spell. So like you said september
Was out today inside the breakwall. Slammed the perch and silver bass. Water was probably pushing 74-75....and those temps just doesn't produce bass on Erie.

• Like 2

Live from the UPS man. My rod trees and brackets came in! Just waiting on the 5° stackers for my dipsys now! Rod trees does an awesome job for a reasonable price if anyone is in the market. They'll powdercoat them a bunch of colors too for no extra charge. IMG_20210810_153509556.jpg

• Like 3

Live from the UPS man. My rod trees and brackets came in! Just waiting on the 5° stackers for my dipsys now! Rod trees does an awesome job for a reasonable price if anyone is in the market. They'll powdercoat them a bunch of colors too for no extra charge. IMG_20210810_153509556.thumb.jpg.8eb7715bb48e13b66b9d2f8a4dab82d0.jpg

Does that setup hold 2 or three rods? I just browsed their website and it looks like they have a great product.

After running two rods on downriggers.....I think another 4 would be enough for my boat. Those trees look like they may do the trick for me.

Does that setup hold 2 or three rods? I just browsed their website and it looks like they have a great product.

After running two rods on downriggers.....I think another 4 would be enough for my boat. Those trees look like they may do the trick for me.

It'll technically hold 3, one can go straight up. I thought the same though, between 2 dipsey rods, 2 riggers and 4 planers that's enough for my boat!

I have the same trees but have the 3 rod version. Rarely run 3 junk lines a side but love having the extra rod holder there and handy!

Someone else mentioned a net in the tube and that’s where my goes but do yourself cut a piece of pvc 10-12” shorter than the tube and slide it in and forget it. It sucks fishing 3ft of net handle out of those tubes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Ended up with 5 mangrove snapper yesterday. Cast netted some glass minnows.  Had one hit but didn't land it. Started fishing with a guy from Nebraska for most of the day.  Was pretty fun just talking nonsense. And then some old timer on a sciff came by and gave us all his leftover shrimp, chopped it up for a little with us, and we ended up catching the mangroves with his shrimp.  Fish tacos tonight it is!

• Like 4

Just now, chrisw said:

Tougher bite today, caught more shorts than I have all season combined. I think we ended with 8 shorts and 4 keepers before we saw rain in the horizon and bailed.IMG_20210812_133259673.jpg

still not bad!   I get caught in the land of 14" walleye at least once or twice a season too. lol 

Caught a bunch of smallmouth this morning until the wind died down. Then the perch moved back in. I walked out to a drop off that was along a grass line and was throwing a white fluke. Some of the bass where pretty big to me anyway. Hopefully I can get back out this afternoon. 82ad341df7ae1acbe3d38b38f49b0eda.jpg
15ec05387f00ed3d5764c3ade1792cfa.jpg
9a4e5306aeaa9178218329db084d2d22.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8