Live From The Water 2021!!

The_Real_TCIII

But did you catch any big ones??  Just kidding… awesome King!! 
No giants, just good average fish. It's not fast and furious yet but good numbers holding in the estuary. Being a Sunday there were plenty of snaggers out there, which was annoying. Nothing beats a king smashing a Thunderstick though.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 1

We did ok on the last outing on the upper Niagara river this morning.   No musky’s but I finally broke the 20 inch mark (by about 1/32”) with a smallmouth bass.   This one felt like at least 6 pounds and earned a trip back into the river. 

We kept (6) “eaters” that were 13-17” long.   If any one is out there fishing a tourney next year looking for a 7 pounder, try off the back of the 4 motor boat off Grand Island about half way between Beaver island and the bridge.

Now it is time to clean some fish and get a tree trimmed for my new double stand (Thanks goose).

CFFCD033-4C6A-4EBF-B14A-CE5C2449DE1D.jpeg

A980E5FB-190D-4935-ADE9-80C822E57E3B.jpeg

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, wolc123 said:

We did ok on the last outing on the upper Niagara river this morning.   No musky’s but I finally broke the 20 inch mark (by about 1/32”) with a smallmouth bass.   This one felt like at least 6 pounds and earned a trip back into the river. 

We kept (6) “eaters” that were 13-17” long.   If any one is out there fishing a tourney next year looking for a 7 pounder, try off the back of the 4 motor boat off Grand Island about half way between Beaver island and the bridge.

Now it is time to clean some fish and get a tree trimmed for my new double stand (Thanks goose).

CFFCD033-4C6A-4EBF-B14A-CE5C2449DE1D.jpeg

A980E5FB-190D-4935-ADE9-80C822E57E3B.jpeg

Caught my first musky in that area many years ago while bass fishing... We always used to do very well on the bass there too!

2 hours ago, Arcade Hunter said:

Caught my first musky in that area many years ago while bass fishing... We always used to do very well on the bass there too!

This was the first year, in about 35, that I didn’t land any musky’s on the upper Niagara.   I have not even seen one this year.

They need to be 54” to keep out there now,  but my guess is not too many short ones survive, after being played into a boat on light bass tackle.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, stubborn1VT said:

Yesterday's haul.  Super nice day to fish on Champlain.  Calm, upper 60s, not too sunny.  My buddy is a guide and sent me some numbers to check, so I can't take full credit.  I did manage to catch them once I reached the waypoint.  Baited my own hook and everything!

KIMG0180.jpeg

great grab !   Thats some fillets in the bank!  

Was out over the weekend. Took the boys on their 1st steelhead adventure and they are hooked. We didn't get into any steal this time but they lived every minute of it. Some fish had made their way in....but with the lack of rain and warm water Temps the fish were still holding strong in the lake.398d038c32245f36f945219f8a9fe680.jpg859a2682f6f246136a9d769a57859718.jpg4f89e8781abb5d4fa6e6dcacbeb7ffec.jpg

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 10

The smallmouth bass we’re hitting jigs pretty good out on the lake.  I ended up with 8, all between 12 and 14”, before it started to drizzle.   The water temperature must still be in the 60’s because they are still fighting hard and getting lots of air.  Couldn’t find the 22 incher I am looking for, but I still have 7 more days.

Now, I am back in my pop up blind until 1/2 hour past sunset hopeing the “driveway doe” that I spooked this morning shows up.

55B14B73-0B69-4F8E-AF32-BF5BC3DE2BF1.jpeg

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 5