Live From The Water 2021!!

The_Real_TCIII

My buddy has a sweet rod holder on his roof rack that holds three ten foot rods, rigged. Until he forget to latch it and we lost his TFO 5 weight rod and reel on the way home! A guy pulled up next to us and told us it was open. We pulled over and too late, one rod down. Im glad I broke mine down because Im headed home today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

My buddy has a sweet rod holder on his roof rack that holds three ten foot rods, rigged. Until he forget to latch it and we lost his TFO 5 weight rod and reel on the way home! A guy pulled up next to us and told us it was open. We pulled over and too late, one rod down. Im glad I broke mine down because Im headed home today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Woof. That hurts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friend of mine was fishing the Oak veterans day . Family emergency  came up and in his haste he left his spey rod and switch rod leaning against a tree . Went back 20 minutes later and they were gone . Easy $1500 bucks in rods ,reels,and lines .. gone . Posted rewards on Facebook, trees, and fly shops . No response  yet .

Friend of mine was fishing the Oak veterans day . Family emergency  came up and in his haste he left his spey rod and switch rod leaning against a tree . Went back 20 minutes later and they were gone . Easy $1500 bucks in rods ,reels,and lines .. gone . Posted rewards on Facebook, trees, and fly shops . No response  yet .
Veterans day 2020? Whoever snatched those up probably doesn't even know how to fish with rods of that caliber.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

TC III 's beautiful  post reminds me of  my one and only fishing adventure in Colorado...

Three of us were bowhunting  elk near Cimmarron CO,  and  the hunting was best early mornings and late afternoons...

I drove up to the headwaters of the Cimmarron about mid day and it was full of spawning brook trout....

They would hit ANY fly with ANY presentation, as long as they did not SEE me...I could drag dry flies upstream and they would hammer them...

I wanted to take a few back to camp for a meal and the limit was crazy high, like maybe 14 or 16 fish per day... I kept enough 8-10 inchers for a nice meal in camp...

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Nytracker said:

Dont see any down riggers ...pulling copper perhaps ?

I wonder how many members here know what "pulling copper"  as done on the Fingerlakes  is  ??

Pflueger  4, anyone....?     How about Barracuda ....?

55 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Dont forget flat fish.. 22s and 88s. Suttons

56 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Dont forget flat fish.. 22s and 88s. Suttons

Not to mention twin minnows..A take-off on the Flatfish...  I still have a couple dozen Suttons, some of which have never been in the water...

I sill have some new Suttons in a tacklebox downstairs with some flat fish as well as pflugers and some pinevalley spoons . I have my gramps old vitrolla still spooled with copper and a bucket of copper weights. I also have a hand winder spooled up .

Edited by Nytracker
  • Like 1

Crazy minute for me walking back in. Im 200 yards from my back patio, neighbors are mowing, when i think i hear a grunt. Naw...then another...am i crazy? Then some crashing, nope not crazy. I knock an arrow and take a couple steps into a path that leads to the front of my woods. More crashing and out jumps a beautiful buck, stops dead center in the path facing directly at me at 30 yards...i draw but talk myself out of a frontal shot, he spins around and continues chasing a doe followed by a 4pt too. They ripped through my neighbors field, through a part of my woods and then they ate gone...the little 4pt shows back up but no one else. So now i sit here contemplating what to do. I get that doe and buck could be in orleans county by now but do ya think she may come back...stay on the ground, go to a tree...soooo many choices.

Crazy minute for me walking back in. Im 200 yards from my back patio, neighbors are mowing, when i think i hear a grunt. Naw...then another...am i crazy? Then some crashing, nope not crazy. I knock an arrow and take a couple steps into a path that leads to the front of my woods. More crashing and out jumps a beautiful buck, stops dead center in the path facing directly at me at 30 yards...i draw but talk myself out of a frontal shot, he spins around and continues chasing a doe followed by a 4pt too. They ripped through my neighbors field, through a part of my woods and then they ate gone...the little 4pt shows back up but no one else. So now i sit here contemplating what to do. I get that doe and buck could be in orleans county by now but do ya think she may come back...stay on the ground, go to a tree...soooo many choices.

For one thing, get out of the water and into the woods! Wrong thread!!! Cool shit!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Really bummed. Weather for this weekend is bad. Its just starting to rain now and will continue throughout the night. I’ll set an alarm and check the weather in the morning but it’s not looking good. The afternoon and Sunday only look slightly better. I don’t like the idea of bow hunting in a heavy rain. Ugh