Live From The Water 2021!!

The_Real_TCIII

8 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

That’s awesome! Get snagged on any rocks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just one and that is why I quit after about an hour and a hundred or so casts.   One of my hand tied bucktail jigs, with a rubber swim bait trailer is now stuck out there somewhere on a rock.  I brought a few more, but didn’t want to risk them when the fish were not biting.

I was using a 1/4 oz black and white pattern that is supposed to look like a minnow of some type.  It worked well out in the Pacific this spring, for spotted bass in the early morning, but no hits on it yesterday in the early afternoon on the Hudson.

I don’t imagine that is “prime time” to catch fish out there but it was the only time I could squeeze into my schedule.  If, by some small miracle, our daughter’s team wins their game today, I may try it again out there early Sunday morning.  The final game starts at 3:00 Sunday I think, so I should have plenty of time to fish in the morning.

Otherwise, I am heading back to WNY, to try one last crossbow hunt at home in the late afternoon, while her team does a sightseeing tour of the city.   

• Like 1

Just one and that is why I quit after about an hour and a hundred or so casts.   One of my hand tied bucktail jigs, with a rubber swim bait trailer is now stuck out there somewhere on a rock.  I brought a few more, but didn’t want to risk them when the fish were not biting.

I was using a 1/4 oz black and white pattern that is supposed to look like a minnow of some type.  It worked well out in the Pacific this spring, for spotted bass in the early morning, but no hits on it yesterday in the early afternoon on the Hudson.
I don’t imagine that is “prime time” to catch fish out there but it was the only time I could squeeze into my schedule.  If, by some small miracle, our daughter’s team wins their game today, I may try it again out there early Sunday morning.  The final game starts at 3:00 Sunday I think, so I should have plenty of time to fish in the morning.
Otherwise, I am heading back to WNY, to try one last crossbow hunt at home in the late afternoon, while her team does a sightseeing tour of the city.   

Sorry pal I would have definitely stopped by for a Caucasian Russian but you conveniently selected a weekend I am away. Good luck at the game today/ bundle up and bring that thermos of cider!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Little late . Fished the salmon river on Tuesday.  Water was 1830 cfm . Ripping wasn't the word. Seen a total of 3 steelhead  caught by  same guy. Only place we could get in to fish was lower fly only section . All my old haunts were un fish able.  Fished south sandy and got 2 small stealhead.  Took a ride to Maxwell and fished until dark. 3 small browns. Slow but a good day . No pics to be had.  Sorry.

• 3 weeks later...

Got invited to go out on Champlain to troll for salmon and lakers.  Went out 7:30-2:30.  Really nice day.  The wind died down, we caught fish and grilled bacon wrapped scallops and venison kabobs.  Also had homemade cookies and a couple beverages.  

15 lakers.  Biggest one was about 8lbs.  Caught a bunch of nice sized eaters, but didn't keep any.  I need to get a smoker set up.  7 salmon. Mostly shakers, but I reeled in fish of the day.  24+" female.  She stayed down and never jumped.  Released her.  Also a couple white perch.  

The guy who owns the boat took all the pictures.  He hasn't sent them to me yet.  Good day all in all. His boat is set up with great electronics and a full canvas.  It's a true trolling boat with a huge back deck.  Hoping to get invited to go again!  Heck of a nice day on Champlain!

• Like 10

On 12/20/2021 at 9:23 PM, johnplav said:

Took my nephew on a charter a few months ago and he caught a bonito.  I saved the tail, dried it and mounted it to a puck since he’s obsessed with hockey.  He doesn’t know about it and I’ll give it to him on Christmas.  

79ECB5B1-C877-41C2-A770-617D5F77D5EF.jpeg

F77666A5-BA04-4F37-A218-9D1BCE4B2B5E.jpeg

Success!  He loved it and immediately put it on its own shelf before his siblings could destroy it.

330C980C-7A64-446B-BD98-1C7E60477048.jpeg

51727257-8981-4FEB-8972-4400702B6870.jpeg

• Like 12

10 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

What a beautiful day to be fishing, Im glad I got out of a tree and went. Caught 9 fish in a new to me stream. I wore my duck hunting neoprene chest waders and feel like I completed an Iron Man, they weigh 20lbs lole4bc1a8c8887140cb7e133074726bcd8.jpg
31daa198a76d42f94aa8d71303922708.jpg
3c861270dd0501c94b7f38b1cc9d2e17.jpg
0cec6b3844487107a386f25c1cef9286.jpg
07bdb607d9d53839b233f9e950e3239a.jpg

I don't think your friend is 500' away from that dwelling

50 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

What a beautiful day to be fishing, Im glad I got out of a tree and went. Caught 9 fish in a new to me stream. I wore my duck hunting neoprene chest waders and feel like I completed an Iron Man, they weigh 20lbs lole4bc1a8c8887140cb7e133074726bcd8.jpg
31daa198a76d42f94aa8d71303922708.jpg
3c861270dd0501c94b7f38b1cc9d2e17.jpg
0cec6b3844487107a386f25c1cef9286.jpg
07bdb607d9d53839b233f9e950e3239a.jpg

Jealous as hell. Beauty of a day. Just went home from work and a guy is launching his boat.  Kinda neat to be fishing on New year's Eve.  Looks like a great day. 

• Like 1