QAnon and hunting don’t mix

It can be difficult to understand the appeal of unhinged conspiracy theories that appear to gain traction. Below is an article written by a reporter who followed an online QAnon community. It’s 1 part sad, 1 part funny, and a dash of scary. It’s a great read that humanizes these cult followers by touching on some of the pain they feel and the support they obtain from such communities. Let’s hope that whatever replaces the conspiracy theories that are collapsing right before their eyes is rooted in a closer approximation of reality  

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/01/26/opinion/trump-qanon-washington-capitol-hill.html

2 hours ago, airedale said:

A better more truthful headline would be Democrats and hunting don't mix and the icing on the cake is you yourself a libtard troll on a hunting board certainly don't mix and should be canned.

Al

wtf ignited this comment? Who cares what skin color, religion or political affiliation you are? None of them have anything to do with hunting, why you hunt or who is "allowed" in the community of hunters.

This comment right here and those that like it make me sad to be a part of this board and that's coming from a life long registered voting republican.

• Like 2

Yes, VH's voice should be heard --as wrong as his opinion often is lol. Those of us on the right have been complaining--and rightly so-- about the censorship currently taking place  in social media and in government in an effort to silence Conservatives.  This is scary and it is valid.  But we have to remember that if we attempt to do the same thing, we are no better than those that we complain about.  Free speech is a fundamental belief guaranteed in our Constitution and it must be protected at all costs!! Remember , It is always easier to stand up for this Principle when its in reference to speech you agree with. If you dont agree with it, provide a cogent counterargument to refute it , but dont attempt to silence the person saying it!

I firmly believe that We are better than them in terms of our integrity and resolve to preserve the foundation of liberties provided by our Constitution.  Dont be like them!!  Let him speak!!  

You know, VH always refers to QAnon --and these Lizard people-- as if these belief systems are mainstream on the right(which is ludicrous).  I'm not a believer in QAnon--in fact, I didnt even know what it was until it was brought up in one of the debates back in the fall and i googled it. Do you guys believe in that conspiracy ?? Just wondering, and if so, can you explain why?  I'd be interested in knowing more about it.  Also, what the hell is this lizard people stuff VH keeps bringing up?  Is that real?

4 hours ago, airedale said:

A better more truthful headline would be Democrats and hunting don't mix and the icing on the cake is you yourself a libtard troll on a hunting board certainly don't mix and should be canned.

Al

Canning him from here would be similar to Trump being canned from Twitter which many of you were pissed at.   So what makes you better than the liberal biased media who likes to ban viewpoints they don't like?  You are the same $#IT.  Both sides are so F---ked up that it ain't even funny.

• Like 3

Well I'm glad to see it is understood the liberal biased media is SH*T.  Glad we got that cleared up.

I don't think someone calling for a ban from this site, which they know will never happen, equates to Trump actually being banned from most social media.  Anyone who gets upset about that post here, and isn't outraged by the Trump shunning, needs to examine their priorities.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Well I'm glad to see it is understood the liberal biased media is SH*T.  Glad we got that cleared up.

You are surprised that I think that??  Well, that's because you know $#IT about me.  You only assume that everyone who doesn't agree with ALL your bitching and bullshit here is automatically a bleeding heart pinko commie.  That just proves how ignorant you are.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Belo said:

wtf ignited this comment? Who cares what skin color, religion or political affiliation you are? None of them have anything to do with hunting, why you hunt or who is "allowed" in the community of hunters.

This comment right here and those that like it make me sad to be a part of this board and that's coming from a life long registered voting republican.

I think you took this too far, throwing skin color & religion in the mix. I don't think there is one person on here who believes anyone should not be allowed on the forum based on religion or skin color.

But it's obvious that a handful of liberal posters really don't hunt, they are either paid to stir the pot or just bored & have nothing better to do than try changing the flavor of this forum. But I will say anyone who voted for Democrats this time around really did vote against their best interests, knowing that Biden & Harris support gun control & no doubt eventual confiscation.

Just now, steve863 said:

You are surprised that I think that??  Well, that's because you know $#IT about me.  You only assume that everyone who doesn't agree with ALL your bitching and bullshit here is automatically a bleeding heart pinko commie.  That just proves how ignorant you are.

IDK, you post like one...what is everyone supposed to think?:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, steve863 said:

Pot calling the kettle black.  You know nothing about me but sure make a lot of pronouncements about me as if you do.

Damn, you lefties are always so angry.  Especially when the truth is shown.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Uncle Nicky said:

IDK, you post like one...what is everyone supposed to think?:rolleyes:

Go find one post of mine where I claim that Biden will make a great president.  I only try to tell you clowns why your beloved Trump lost the election.  You guys think it was just fraud that lost it for him but I can assure you it was for other reasons.  You guys just can't accept anything else unfortunately.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Pot calling the kettle black.  You know nothing about me but sure make a lot of pronouncements about me as if you do.

Damn, you lefties are always so angry.  Especially when the truth is shown.

Who the hell bitches and moans more than you do??  I don't know of anyone.

Hey don't worry about me.  I'm the least stressed, least tense man you will ever meet. 

I just have a very low tolerance for stupidity regarding freedom and rights and have to point it out whenever I see it.  But if you had me doing it to you in person, you would see me laughing at you while I'm saying it.

It's all really quite humerus to me.  (That's a medical pun BTW, not a misspelling)

19 minutes ago, steve863 said:

Go find one post of mine where I claim that Biden will make a great president.  I only try to tell you clowns why your beloved Trump lost the election.  You guys think it was just fraud that lost it for him but I can assure you it was for other reasons.  You guys just can't accept anything else unfortunately.

We all know who Trump is & what he stands for.

But I am still in complete shock that anyone who owns guns & wants to keep them would vote for Biden, or any of today's current Democrats for that matter. The common theme why people disliked Trump  was "He's mean, he's rude". No thought whatsoever to where we are headed with this new regime, which is down the toilet. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Belo said:

It's pretty clear that @airedale suffers from some form of dementia... and I don't say that derisively