California to put an end to all bear hunting?

Grouse

California is taking unprecedented steps to override the conservation success story of North America by making non-science based decisions regarding wildlife management. They’re trying to ban all black bear hunting in their state despite thriving bear populations.

A San Francisco Democrat has introduced a bill that would ban black bear hunting in California, despite a bear population at its highest levels in decades and repeated conflicts with the wild animals in Lake Tahoe and other high-tourist areas.  On Monday, state Sen. Scott Wiener introduced Senate Bill 252, “The Bear Protection Act” sponsored by the Humane Society of the United States.

The bill would ban California’s sport hunting season that now allows for 1,700 bears killed in the fall and early winter.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/california/article248775710.html?fbclid=IwAR3ynyAflgz4Vh9_2jYY62iCnYt2CWMqAepN6ZUeWZTbdOJGweBEycSrrtQ

The same thing is happening in NJ with Comrade Murphy. He’s proposing a ban this fall. This time not only are they using twisted nonsensical propaganda from the anti’s as a reason to ban bear hunting, But he’s actually bringing the covid virus into it claiming bear hunting is a “ Health issue in our attempt to flatten the curve”. As if a solitary hunter in the woods miles from anyone else is a super spreader.

• Like 2

Just another failing democratic run area. Instead of going after problems like thousands of tents lining the streets and people.crapping inbthe streets ,they choose to waste resources on stuff that wont impact the state one way or the other. Typical democrat thinking.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Just another failing democratic run area. Instead of going after problems like thousands of tents lining the streets and people.crapping inbthe streets ,they choose to waste resources on stuff that wont impact the state one way or the other. Typical democrat thinking.

Their not going to admit their policy’s are destroying urban areas so instead they go after a soft target like bear hunting. The majority don’t hunt and even if we link up and join together as a sportsman’s voting block we’re still outnumbered 10 to 1.

• Like 1

The scary part is, what happens in that God forsaken state, starts to influence what happens in all the other states.

It's all driven by emotion and fanatical special interest groups.  None of it is based on science.  As a matter of fact, it goes against science and the state's own wildlife biologist's advice.  It's pure pandering for votes.

The same thing is happening in NJ with Comrade Murphy. He’s proposing a ban this fall. This time not only are they using twisted nonsensical propaganda from the anti’s as a reason to ban bear hunting, But he’s actually bringing the covid virus into it claiming bear hunting is a “ Health issue in our attempt to flatten the curve”. As if a solitary hunter in the woods miles from anyone else is a super spreader.
Now is bear hunting in NJ prohibited on all property public and private or just public?

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

What bothers me most about these bans is that eventually the population flourishes and becomes a problem.  The solution is never to re-open it back up to hunting or even limited hunting; even though hunters in that state are purchasing licenses.   It is always a government cull by "sharpshooters"; whoever they say that is.  

I have posted many times on this board about all of the animal rights groups being in bed with the Democrat party and the above legislation pushed by HSUS s just another example.

Why should Second Amendment or hunting supporters care about HSUS?

There’s a lot reasons. The money that HSUS is raising under deceptive pretenses helps fund a radical anti-gun and anti-hunting agenda.

HSUS’s lobbying arm fought a successful push to allow concealed carry in National Parks, on the grounds that it could increase poaching. That’s about as logical as saying we should ban concealed carry entirely because permit holders might be potential robbers or murderers, despite the fact that they are overwhelmingly law-abiding citizens.

HSUS is trying to ban lead ammunition in hunting, which sets a bad precedent for all shooters. HSUS’s allies in the radical environmental movement are hoping to go further and ban lead ammo from target ranges.

HSUS is a rabidly anti-hunting organization. HSUS CEO Wayne “I don’t love animals” Pacelle has said, “If we could shut all sport hunting down in a moment, we would.”

Pacelle has also come out against hunting for food. When asked if he would prohibit it, he replied, “I think that I would campaign against it. Yes, I think that I would.”

Pacelle has claimed that the “NRA is led by extremists,” as if protecting hunting and Second Amendment rights is a radical concept. “The NRA’s invoking of the noble principles of freedom and constitutional rights to defend hunting, as with its inflexible stance on gun control, is only a smoke screen for extremism,” Pacelle stated.

HSUS’s main mission very much includes attacking hunters and farmers and trying to stop people from eating meat, cheese, ice cream, and other animal products—the PETA agenda, in short. HSUS is also no friend to gun rights, and will throw them under the bus whenever it’s convenient.

Edited by airedale
  • Like 2

“We are going to use the ballot box and the democratic process to stop all hunting in the United States ... We will take it species by species until all hunting is stopped in California. Then we will take it state by state.” - Wayne Pacelle, CEO & President of HSUS

On 1/27/2021 at 7:53 PM, Foggy Mountain said:

Who cares what happens in Ca? Let me say I understand our need to fight this nonsense so part of me is saying that tongue in cheek but they already outlawed mountain lion hunts and they get dragged off mountain bikes for it. Let them deal with their stupidity. 

And when the Nebraskans say "screw NY, who cares what happens there, and the North Carolinians say "who cares what happens in Nebraska", and when the Virginians say...well, you get the point.

• Like 1

We can't watch it happen in other states and expect it to not happen here. Hunters need to voice our opinions as a nation of hunters. Or we all will be feeling the effects of banning game or all hunting. What a terrible waste of a natural resource to not have it managed properly with hunting. The decades of effort that have been put in to secure hunting for us and to keep it going for our children, are going to fall to one swift pen stroke. It's disgusting.