Baseball 2021 Thread

BizCT

I'm pretty excited for the Mets (standing by for jokes). Hoping for Bauer but JBJ would also be a fit for them at this point. 

What a steal for the Cards, they ate Arenado's contract and will get every pennies worth. Until his opt out that is.

I hate the Braves but Charlie Morton is a friend of a friend so I always root for him.

• Like 1

He's not opting out.  That's why the Rockies were willing to send $50 million along with him.  Otherwise they could have made life hard for him and let him opt out at the end of the year and just pay the 1 year at $33 (million).  If Mookie Betts is only getting $30 per year, Arenado is not going to find anyone willing to spend $33 per year for a 30-31 year old.

• Like 1

That Dodger deal is ridiculous.  $40 million in year one, $45 million in year two.  Then he's opting out and cashing in again.  The 3rd year at $17 is only written in there to bring the average annual salary down because for the luxury tax penalty purposes, they count the average and not individual year.  $45 million for one year blows away the next closest guy by $9 million.  Crazy.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Has the NL lapped the AL? Padres, Dodgers, Braves, Mets (hopefully) maybe a team from the Central although the division seems weak. 

Yanks vs Jay's in the east?

Sox's in the central? 

West Oakland? 

NL is stronger then I remember in a long time. Cant wait for baseball, my dad just bought a house in St Lucie last year I'm thinking about going down there next week to catch a game or so.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2021 at 10:05 PM, Biz-R-OWorld said:

and Booooom! Nolan Arenado to the Cardinals! wow.

@Nomad is gonna be happy.

I’m always happy ! 
With luck we’ll take in a few games again in Pittsburg, perhaps St.Louie too . 

CED06800-0609-4CEC-B04C-CA978F53C0AD.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, corydd7 said:

Has the NL lapped the AL? Padres, Dodgers, Braves, Mets (hopefully) maybe a team from the Central although the division seems weak. 

Yanks vs Jay's in the east?

Sox's in the central? 

West Oakland? 

NL is stronger then I remember in a long time. Cant wait for baseball, my dad just bought a house in St Lucie last year I'm thinking about going down there next week to catch a game or so.

That NL West division is stacked right now. That Dodgers/Padres rivalry is going to be fun to watch this year. Which is good, since the Red Sox are going to be out of contention for the next few years and there will be very little fun to watch in Fenway.

• Like 2

That NL West division is stacked right now. That Dodgers/Padres rivalry is going to be fun to watch this year. Which is good, since the Red Sox are going to be out of contention for the next few years and there will be very little fun to watch in Fenway.

I think the Sox can shock the world and win 75-80 games this year. Followed by a return to playoffs in 2022

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spring training stats are for the birds but boy is Alonzo smashing the ball and Degrom looks better then ever, he hit 101 in the first inning today, Lindor with his first Mets HR. I cant ever remember being this excited as a Mets fan.

1988?

1 hour ago, corydd7 said:

Spring training stats are for the birds but boy is Alonzo smashing the ball and Degrom looks better then ever, he hit 101 in the first inning today, Lindor with his first Mets HR. I cant ever remember being this excited as a Mets fan.

He hit 102 his last start and regularly hits 100.  He had the highest average FB last year.

Jacob deGrom's velocity increase is unprecedented (mlb.com)

2004-5 when they signed Pedro Martinez and Carlos Beltran to join youngsters Jose Reyes and David Wright.

I forget what year but I remember exactly what bar I was in when Endy Chavez made that catch over the wall and Beltran struck out looking to end that Cardinals series

10 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I forget what year but I remember exactly what bar I was in when Endy Chavez made that catch over the wall and Beltran struck out looking to end that Cardinals series

2006   98 wins with not a single bonified number 1 pitcher...   And please nobody come back and say glavine......... 

• Like 1

Don't sleep on the Red Sox. E-Rod healthy again, named opening day starter. We got offense, and pitching should be better. Sale will rejoin later in year. I think we got an outside shot at 75-80 wins this year and playoff potential in 2022