Baseball 2021 Thread

BizCT

I prefer the club section ,with its bigger padded seats and exclusive access to better bars and food ,and the ability to watch from  inside if it rains ,but these prices are hard to pass.  Pretty good seats too ! 

7E57273C-F4E3-4191-8447-93F5A4AA2039.png

Had a blast at the blue jays game tonight. My wife bailed on the game. She had her spleen removed 3 weeks ago and is having a rough go at it. My son’s best friend and teammate came with us and his dad. Marlins 3rd base coach gave the boys some balls. Definitely a memory they hopefully keep for the rest of their lives. Blue jays walked it off .

690AF9F7-DF39-4E35-85DC-11A3B192DE66.jpeg

31F63D98-F071-405D-8940-BFAE7AC7FA2E.jpeg

A7AC7FFC-DCAC-4AD0-8A1D-BB61A31F1A96.jpeg

DFB2FCA5-EAB8-4156-AAD1-711D37E2E306.jpeg

7FF32999-9882-47A7-9258-D91AD81F5A40.jpeg

BEB1A11D-F3A3-43EC-A4FB-4E7ABC60E90A.jpeg

2A58B278-DE04-4602-B56C-1DF2C0CA601B.jpeg

• Like 7

Had a blast at the blue jays game tonight. My wife bailed on the game. She had her spleen removed 3 weeks ago and is having a rough go at it. My son’s best friend and teammate came with us and his dad. Marlins 3rd base coach gave the boys some balls. Definitely a memory they hopefully keep for the rest of their lives. Blue jays walked it off .
690AF9F7-DF39-4E35-85DC-11A3B192DE66.thumb.jpeg.04b6dbeb8e4af834cd979053ec4091b6.jpeg
31F63D98-F071-405D-8940-BFAE7AC7FA2E.thumb.jpeg.d7912549f765ecef564d2d6b98de28d6.jpeg
A7AC7FFC-DCAC-4AD0-8A1D-BB61A31F1A96.thumb.jpeg.b6b2eb5dae01a106d0e8a2880f0db4d2.jpeg
DFB2FCA5-EAB8-4156-AAD1-711D37E2E306.thumb.jpeg.36b3584a8b0ea982b203536711efb622.jpeg
7FF32999-9882-47A7-9258-D91AD81F5A40.thumb.jpeg.cf0b7c389c8518dda3213fa35a99ba3d.jpeg
BEB1A11D-F3A3-43EC-A4FB-4E7ABC60E90A.thumb.jpeg.cd0455dea8abdd22071f5f19ca5516d7.jpeg
2A58B278-DE04-4602-B56C-1DF2C0CA601B.thumb.jpeg.82ae0d879b5bb2cf4738448df000120a.jpeg

Awesome memories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

19 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Tomorrow is first Red Sox / Yankee game. June 4 has to be the latest they ever played each other for first time I’m guessing

It has to be. I was shocked when I seen the schedule this year. The way these two are playing now these later games will probably mean a playoff spot and more tv drama.

• Like 1

Red Sox sweep the heavy favorite AL Yanks. Wow

Here’s a little rant to start my Monday as the Yankees pissed me off last night:
Three innings start with lead off man on and they not only do they not make productive outs, they hit into double plays; Pop fly to short right and the right fielder (Frazier) holds back as Lemieuix busts his ass to try to make the play-then fails; Sanchez is too old or too lazy to get off his knees while catching; Stanton in to pinch hit whose PH stats are abysmal but they want to rely on the “one swing, big bat , we paid for it might as well use it” mentality.

The last three night, Frank Sinatra only softly sang NY, NY maybe because they need a lyrics change...,“if I can make it there, I can ....retire and stop working, caring, trying cause I got mine.” No longer do Yankee players care, or play with pride or with the feeling they need to prove that the Yankees are the best. They got theirs and can say they are the greatest (on paper and in the bank) and they believe it. May as well slap their names on the back of those jerseys since it’s all about the individual ever since George kicked the bucket.

Any player in the MLB can play- how bad do you want Tom prove it makes the difference in all the latest runs when it comes to hitting & fielding. Pitching is different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

Here’s a little rant to start my Monday as the Yankees pissed me off last night:
Three innings start with lead off man on and they not only do they not make productive outs, they hit into double plays; Pop fly to short right and the right fielder (Frazier) holds back as Lemieuix busts his ass to try to make the play-then fails; Sanchez is too old or too lazy to get off his knees while catching; Stanton in to pinch hit whose PH stats are abysmal but they want to rely on the “one swing, big bat , we paid for it might as well use it” mentality.

The last three night, Frank Sinatra only softly sang NY, NY maybe because they need a lyrics change...,“if I can make it there, I can ....retire and stop working, caring, trying cause I got mine.” No longer do Yankee players care, or play with pride or with the feeling they need to prove that the Yankees are the best. They got theirs and can say they are the greatest (on paper and in the bank) and they believe it. May as well slap their names on the back of those jerseys since it’s all about the individual ever since George kicked the bucket.

Any player in the MLB can play- how bad do you want Tom prove it makes the difference in all the latest runs when it comes to hitting & fielding. Pitching is different

And this is a lot on Boone too. It's his job to get these highly paid, mamby pamby, excuse makers, in the mindset to go out and play for what they are paid to do!!! You can't be all buddy, buddy with the players, like he is. You need to give em a boot in the arse!!! My opinion is most ALL the Yankees NEED a BIG boot in the arse right now!!! We need a Billy Martin! Not a Captain Kangaroo or Mr. Rogers! Old George S. is surely rolling over right now.......

Rant over..........I feel better now..........

• Like 1

Totally agree with everyone. I wouldn't mind if Showalter came out of the booth and took over. This team needs some old school butt kicking. 

Not making excuses but that called third strike on Odor was horrendous. I would totally go for a robo ump for balls and strikes. Just get the damn call right.. 

Edited by GR HUNTER
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, grampy said:

And this is a lot on Boone too. It's his job to get these highly paid, mamby pamby, excuse makers, in the mindset to go out and play for what they are paid to do!!! You can't be all buddy, buddy with the players, like he is. You need to give em a boot in the arse!!! My opinion is most ALL the Yankees NEED a BIG boot in the arse right now!!! We need a Billy Martin! Not a Captain Kangaroo or Mr. Rogers! Old George S. is surely rolling over right now.......

Rant over..........I feel better now..........

Agree. Boone and/or a leader as a player. Maybe call a players only meeting. We all know Aaron Judge is great when healthy, but when will get in his teammates faces to demand some heart?

• Like 1

Agree. Boone and/or a leader as a player. Maybe call a players only meeting. We all know Aaron Judge is great when healthy, but when will get in his teammates faces to demand some heart?

What is his motivation for doing this? He “won” already with his $10mill contract.
Does Cole need to motivate anyone else...nope?
The Yankees model of pick up and grossly overpay every player who beats them leaves them with “lame duck” players.
These Yankees are barely baseball players so not sure an “ass chewing” would even matter. They are like the pampered, pretty, spoiled Lab who lays around in the couches all day versus the junkyard dogs who are still scraping to get theirs.

• Like 1

Texas got rocked by LA , I think we were eliminated from the playoffs after May 1st,unreal.

Kershaw was looking good . How crazy is it that he was Matt Stafford s center in high-school football and Stafford was his catcher in high school baseball. I dont think I know of another duo of that caliber to play at the same high-school together. 

Edited by sbuff
  • Like 2

Texas got rocked by LA , I think we were eliminated from the playoffs after May 1st,unreal.
Kershaw was looking good . How crazy is it that he was Matt Stafford s center in high-school football and Stafford was his catcher in high school baseball. I dont think I know of another duo of that caliber to play at the same high-school together. 

Calvin Johnson lost state player of year in football to Sean McAvay

18 minutes ago, sbuff said:

Is the fat lady singing in NY. 8.5 out 

Perhaps not singing yet, but definitely warming up!!

As a lifetime Yankee fan, not sure if I've ever been as disappointed, as I am in this team and manager. They got nothing, and are showing nothing. except taking huge amounts of money to the bank. Among the best in baseball in that regard!!! Can't keep saying "we need to get better" after every loss, and still play with no spark or continuity at all.

At this point the best they can do for us fans, is to sell out big at the trade deadline. Get a huge influx of young hungry talent. And start the rebuilding process.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, grampy said:

Perhaps not singing yet, but definitely warming up!!

As a lifetime Yankee fan, not sure if I've ever been as disappointed, as I am in this team and manager. They got nothing, and are showing nothing. except taking huge amounts of money to the bank. Among the best in baseball in that regard!!! Can't keep saying "we need to get better" after every loss, and still play with no spark or continuity at all.

At this point the best they can do for us fans, is to sell out big at the trade deadline. Get a huge influx of young hungry talent. And start the rebuilding process.

Grampy ,as a Texas fan I got nothing for a winning record .

I think you nailed it, they need hungry talent more then superstars cashing in

• Like 1

Is the fat lady singing in NY. 8.5 out 

That would be catastrophic. Who gets fired Cashman or Boone? They were monster favorites to win AL and probably still are.