Baseball 2021 Thread

BizCT

15 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Gallo to the Yanks. Can he save their season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My man, sad to see him leave . Texas drafted him in 2012 and was our longest tenure player . Dont try to run on him he has a cannon of an arm 

This season, he's batting .223/.379/.490 with 25 home runs and an AL-leading 74 walks. Gallo this season ranks in the top 3.0 percent of MLB when it comes to barrel rate, which is how often he hits the ball with the ideal combination of exit velocity and launch angle.  his max reading of exit velocity is 115.1 mph is in the top 5% of baseball. I'll go on record saying NY got the better deal. We only got "prospects " .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yankees issue is all the strikeouts and low average though. Joey Gallo is exactly that. He's been terrible lately too.

Average?? Is this 1984? And look at the overlay of the short porch on his spray chart, half his outs are leaving the yard. Hes obviously a massive upgrade to the lefty "options" they have now. Im on the record they should be selling though. They stink

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yankees issue is all the strikeouts and low average though. Joey Gallo is exactly that. He's been terrible lately too.

Not that I care about baseball or any sport anymore but I was curious to know this guys career numbers.  He's a .211 lifetime hitter in 7 major league seasons.  He's another Gary Sanchez.  LOL He can hit a home run but makes an out every other time up.   He's listed at 250 lbs so he's not even hitting his weight for his career.  I can't see him being too valuable.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/g/gallojo01.shtml

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Average?? Is this 1984? And look at the overlay of the short porch on his spray chart, half his outs are leaving the yard. Hes obviously a massive upgrade to the lefty "options" they have now. Im on the record they should be selling though. They stink

but the Yanks biggest problem is offense. They have every big name. Maybe a different approach would be worth looking into?

EDIT: Cole got shelled today. 

I woke up at 5am and saw that ,thought for sure going to Padres. 

If playoffs were today I think LA/SD is the playoff game.  Thats like game 7 of a world series 

Edited by sbuff

18 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

but the Yanks biggest problem is offense. They have every big name. Maybe a different approach would be worth looking into?

EDIT: Cole got shelled today. 

No, the Yankee's biggest problem is not talent. They have an abundance of that! The problem the Yankee's have is there is no spark or continuity in the clubhouse, or on the field. It is the manager's job to prepare, evaluate, and make the best decisions for his team to win. Boone has done nothing but make excuses, and pander to his players. What that team needs is a swift kick in the butt!!! Boone needs to go!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, grampy said:

No, the Yankee's biggest problem is not talent. They have an abundance of that! The problem the Yankee's have is there is no spark or continuity in the clubhouse, or on the field. It is the manager's job to prepare, evaluate, and make the best decisions for his team to win. Boone has done nothing but make excuses, and pander to his players. What that team needs is a swift kick in the butt!!! Boone needs to go!

Yea… Yanks have an immense amount of talent, but it’s like they forgot fundamentals and how to play the game.  The base running mistakes and outs at the plate are unbelievable. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, johnplav said:

Yea… Yanks have an immense amount of talent, but it’s like they forgot fundamentals and how to play the game.  The base running mistakes and outs at the plate are unbelievable. 

Again, this all falls on the managers shoulders to fix. If not fixed, the organization needs to find someone who can, and will fix all those fundamental problems. Making excuses, and pandering to professional players, being payed, very well to do their jobs, doesn't cut it. Especially when the organization has provided the best talent money can buy! Boone needs to go!

Fellas, relax. They win 95-100 games a year. Theyve run into a better team each year, it happens. Its hard to win a WS. If I had to bet one way or the other Id bet they make the playoffs again this year. The next couple weeks tell the tale, they need to feast on the Marlins/Os/Ms/Royals.

By the way wheres the outrage with the Dodgers having a billion dollar payroll?