Baseball 2021 Thread

BizCT

11 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Rebuilding Red Sox bullpen imploded again. The yanks sweep is nearly confirmed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yanks are 1st place in the wildcard again. Yaayy!!!  But.......I keep waiting for them to implode........

So, starting to get some better pitching, and the bats are heating up. Who knows with this group what you'll get on any given game day?

Expectations were, they would have sealed the division weeks ago. Now they are scrapping for a wild card. As a lifelong fan, I'll keep cheering for the bombers. But admit, I'll probably be let down again. As there has been too little consistency this year.

Let's Go Yankee's!!!

• Like 1

Yanks are 1st place in the wildcard again. Yaayy!!!  But.......I keep waiting for them to implode........
So, starting to get some better pitching, and the bats are heating up. Who knows with this group what you'll get on any given game day?
Expectations were, they would have sealed the division weeks ago. Now they are scrapping for a wild card. As a lifelong fan, I'll keep cheering for the bombers. But admit, I'll probably be let down again. As there has been too little consistency this year.
Let's Go Yankee's!!!

Can the Jays and Mariners lose enough to let us sneak in?

• Like 1

Just now, Nomad said:

That was the most bizarre infield fly rule ,not rule , called time out , double play not double, play . So,glad they won especially after Cubs 2nd baseman tackled O’Neil on the passed ball at second base . 

I was listening to the radio broadcast, so it was kind of hard to figure out what was going on. Sounded like multiple bad calls. 

• Like 1

About halfway for the infield fly . One out already , two runners forced / tagged, the runner to first should automatically be out ,  should be four outs , but they rule one out on that play for two outs total !

https://www.mlb.com/news/cardinals-win-after-infield-fly-rule-confusion

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Nomad said:

About halfway for the infield fly . One out already , two runners forced / tagged, the runner to first should automatically be out ,  should be four outs , but they rule one out on that play for two outs total !

https://www.mlb.com/news/cardinals-win-after-infield-fly-rule-confusion

You would be right! BAD call there.........jeez......

16 hours ago, Splitear said:

16 in a row!

FD9D6539-2C08-4A5E-B786-79E8A5AE5F85.jpeg

I think I know baseball well enough to know that compared to any other sport things will get to even themselves out.  Every winning streak will bring on a losing streak.  Don't know if it's a good thing for a team to be on such an unbeatable tear just before the playoffs begin.  Teams can go from playing like Hall of Famers for a few weeks to playing like little leaguers the next.

2 minutes ago, steve863 said:

I think I know baseball well enough to know that compared to any other sport things will get to even themselves out.  Every winning streak will bring on a losing streak.  Don't know if it's a good thing for a team to be on such an unbeatable tear just before the playoffs begin.  Teams can go from playing like Hall of Famers for a few weeks to playing like little leaguers the next.

happened to 2007 Rockies. As a Sox fan, i remeber the rockies won like 19 out of their last 20 games before the World Series. Then we swept them.

3 minutes ago, steve863 said:

By no means it relate to their chances in the playoffs, and I'm just waiting for the streak to end (I thought for a while it was going to be yesterday). As a fan, it's a fun ride to be on though. 

8 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I have no desire to watch this yankee team in the playoffs

I love the Yankee's. But.......this team has given me fits all year. I won't be sad to see some of this team go elsewhere in the off season.