Baseball 2021 Thread

BizCT

10 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I think Yanks win tonight, but I hope not. No JD Martinez is killer.

Either way, I think Rays or Astros are going to the WS

JD is a proven Yankee killer. Too bad he's out with an injury. Red Sox still have some weapons though.

No telling what version of the Yankees will show up for the game tonight. That has been the 64 million dollar question most of this season.

But if they get on a really good run, who knows? Stranger things have happened on the way to the World Series. 

Or...........Boston could just send em packing after tonight??  

We'll see!

32 minutes ago, grampy said:

JD is a proven Yankee killer. Too bad he's out with an injury. Red Sox still have some weapons though.

No telling what version of the Yankees will show up for the game tonight. That has been the 64 million dollar question most of this season.

But if they get on a really good run, who knows? Stranger things have happened on the way to the World Series. 

Or...........Boston could just send em packing after tonight??  

We'll see!

I saw funny meme. It said Yanks and Sox fans bickered for 6 months just to end up with the same exact record.

1 minute ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I think tonights winner gets slaughtered by the Rays anyway. Prediction: they trade zeroes and then we see which bullpen is worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I would be shocked if Eovaldi can put up zeroes. It's not 2018 anymore. He just got shelled by Yanks last week, and they will score on him. The only question is can baby face Devers or Schwarber take Cole Yard to keep up?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Call me crazy but the Rays don't scare me. McLanahan game 1? Baz game 2? who?

They won 100 games in a division with 3 teams that won 90.  That should count for something.  They score runs (don't ask me how) and they've always had strong pitching.  I think they can be beat, but I think they are a pretty remarkable team.  I'm not a fan, but it's hard to argue with their results.

• Like 1

Just now, stubborn1VT said:

They won 100 games in a division with 3 teams that won 90.  That should count for something.  They score runs (don't ask me how) and they've always had strong pitching.  I think they can be beat, but I think they are a pretty remarkable team.  I'm not a fan, but it's hard to argue with their results.

of course. I'm not diminishing what they have done, but in a 5-game series I like the Yanks/Sox chances with their bigger star talent.

9 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

of course. I'm not diminishing what they have done, but in a 5-game series I like the Yanks/Sox chances with their bigger star talent.

Both the Sox and Yankees were 8-11 vs the Rays this season, so I don't get that feeling at all.  The Rays win without star power.  I feel like the Jays could destroy any team including the Rays, while the Sox and Yankees seemed to limp into 91 win finishes.  Guess we'll see.

• Like 1

Bye bye Cole. 2IP, $350M

The Stanton walk off single and Cole’s attitude when he gets shelled is exactly the problem with a pay first mentality.

So happy they are out and Giants suck!!! And now to the main stage…HUNTING SEASON!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Sox did it!

Stanton should have had 3 homers tonight. But in the end, Sox pitched better, played defense better, ran the bases better, and hit better. And Cora out coached Boone.

• Like 3

Last nights game was typical of most all of the 2021 Yankees season. Pitching imploded. Very little offence. No spark or continuity at all. From a team that had the talent to go all the way, and didn't. 

Rightly so, there will be a few who wore the pinstripes for the last time, last night. Start with Boone.

11 minutes ago, grampy said:

Last nights game was typical of most all of the 2021 Yankees season. Pitching imploded. Very little offence. No spark or continuity at all. From a team that had the talent to go all the way, and didn't. 

Rightly so, there will be a few who wore the pinstripes for the last time, last night. Start with Boone.

The part that would piss me off is Cole's attitude. He seemed fine with the result and walked off. Imagine pulling Clemens, Pettite, Lester, Pedro, or Beckett in the 2nd inning that easily? No way. They would have went nuts to stay in that game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

The part that would piss me off is Cole's attitude. He seemed fine with the result and walked off. Imagine pulling Clemens, Pettite, Lester, Pedro, or Beckett in the 2nd inning that easily? No way. They would have went nuts to stay in that game.

I was thinking the exact thing Biz, when he walked off nonchalantly in the 3rd, without securing an out. Cole is very good, until he isn't. Usually if he is roughed up early, he loses it. Opposing teams certainly know this, and try to jump on him early. But absolutely, Cole has done more good than bad this season. Over all, our most consistent arm all year. Just didn't have his best stuff last night on short rest. Also, like most great pitchers, he's a bit of a head case too.

• Like 1

Congrats Biz !

we’re camping , so we are heading into town later for dinner  and to watch the Cards . The joint closes at 10:00….

Cards should have it locked up by then .

We’re in Letchworth so I’ll have to dodge the deer coming back , but perhaps bumper killed deer count ?

• Like 2