Sissy Truck 2 coming

moog5050

5 minutes ago, Zag said:

Hmmm so really no difference from our suburban! My next F-150 needs to be a little different and not the same as everyone else’s, I’ve been looking at the limited but being a speed junkie maybe I’ll look at the raptor.

2021 will have the raptor r.   Around 700 horses from factory.  Should run about the same as this one but with a factory tune.  Still a ways off from production though. 

1 minute ago, moog5050 said:

My last raptor was black.  It always looked clean for at least 10 min after it was washed.    The owner had it 5 yr ceramic coated.  Supposed to help with maintenance but I hope the blue is easier than black.  Black does look good for that short time however. 

I will admit that shiny black trucks look the best when clean, but keeping them that way takes a lot of time.    I like minimizing contrasting colors, and maximizing my "free" time (meaning less time washing the truck).   The silver allows just two colors, with the black tires.   I always wanted a "stealth", all flat-black SUV (preferably a Chevy Blazer), painted to match the tires.  A buddy from work mentioned giving me his wife's old dark maroon Dodge Durango, which is struggling with NY state inspection lately, to use as a field vehicle.   If he comes thru with it, I will paint it all flat black.   I gave him my old Chevy Tracker field vehicle, which was white and I had painted snow camo, a few years ago after the transmission shift cable busted.          

13 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

2021 will have the raptor r.   Around 700 horses from factory.  Should run about the same as this one but with a factory tune.  Still a ways off from production though. 

Yep supercharged 5.2 basically same as in the mustang gt 500 . 2022 mustangs should be getting the 6.8 so the raptor usually comes after . Guy’s are making tremendous hp from the 7.3’s 

Edited by rob-c

2 minutes ago, rob-c said:

Yep supercharged 5.2 basically same as in the mustang gt 500 . 2022 mustangs should be getting the 6.8 so the raptor usually comes after . Guy are making tremendous hp from the 7.3’s 

When will it end.   Lol.   If you like fast vehicles, we are living in a good time.  Electric will end up surpassing it all in time.  

4 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

which is struggling with NY state inspection lately,

I can get any vehicle inspected for $100 ,but he’ll have to drive deep,into,the hood ,to the shop .

Shiny trucks are an embarrassment, pavement princesses ,its like when I see a clean shiny fire helmet , tells me all I need to know .

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

WHERE IS THE FOLLOW UP TO THIS STORY??????

Sitting in my garage.  Lol.  I just texted the seller that this is a whole different animal than my first raptor.  It truly feels like a race truck.  It just wants to go.  And it’s really nicely appointed inside.  No regrets. 

plus I was invited on a CO elk hunt with the seller.  Lol

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Sitting in my garage.  Lol.  I just texted the seller that this is a whole different animal than my first raptor.  It truly feels like a race truck.  It just wants to go.  And it’s really nicely appointed inside.  No regrets. 

Wait a second I thought it was blue and not a king ranch!

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Ok no photos??? WTH . Not cool man,  not cooool ...

15 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Weather has not been too cooperative for such things.  

A gratuities photo of you blasting through the snow in the new raptor , now that’s what I’m talking about ..

Edited by rob-c

46 minutes ago, rob-c said:

A gratuities photo of you blasting through the snow in the new raptor , now that’s what I’m talking about ..

Gen 3 announced.   37s are a factory option (doesn't interest me).   Coils rather than leaf springs in rear (good for the serious off-roader - not me except when I jump Treeguys truck).  Optional generator in truck - good for those that camp or use for work - not me).   Staying with twin turbo 6 until raptor R is released in 2022 with a v8 but no details - presumably it will be supercharged and have a few more ponies than the trx.   Nothing so far that makes me wish I waited 2 years.  The tuned gen 2 is more than enough for me.  One drag race on youtube showed it neck and neck with trx and it costs significantly less. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Gen 3 announced.   37s are a factory option (doesn't interest me).   Coils rather than leaf springs in rear (good for the serious off-roader - not me except when I jump Treeguys truck).  Optional generator in truck - good for those that camp or use for work - not me).   Staying with twin turbo 6 until raptor R is released in 2022 with a v8 but no details - presumably it will be supercharged and have a few more ponies than the trx.   Nothing so far that makes me wish I waited 2 years.  The tuned gen 2 is more than enough for me.  One drag race on youtube showed it neck and neck with trx and it costs significantly less. 

The front end of the 2021 F-150's and now the Raptor are a big miss in my opinion. The 15-20 front ends have been so great looking