Interesting Fact

moog5050

If you leave precut melon from wegmans in it’s plastic container for about 2.5 weeks in the fridge, it turns to about 150 proof.   I was a bit too adventurous today in tasting the stuff in the back. Yowzers.   Now I see how they make prison wine.   Just let fruit sit!   Time to clean out fridge.  

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

Doesn’t work with frozen asparagus though . 

I was going to make “ my “ pasta dish the other night, but we lacked fresh asparagus, well the Mrs said there’s  a bag in the freezer , not wanted to go to the store for fresh I pulled it out .

It was all dried up,  and when I tasted it impossible to chew , best by date ? 2009 ........

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

And she still thought  I should give it a go , I fight an uphill battle here . Awhile back Romain lettuce was recalled for E. coli , she would not ,let me throw out ours as we already had some and didn’t die I guess .

This is what I get for marring a farm girl who had no heat upstairs in her house and you couldn’t take a shower because the cows got the water first .

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Nomad said:

And she still thought  I should give it a go , I fight an uphill battle here . Awhile back Romain lettuce was recalled for E. coli , she would not ,let me throw out ours as we already had some and didn’t die I guess .

This is what I get for marring a farm girl who had no heat upstairs in her house and you couldn’t take a shower because the cows got the water first .

On the other hand, you got access to some solid hunting land.  

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Ha.ha. Heat upstairs? That IS luxurious. Dont tell my wife that most others have this luxury...lol

26 minutes ago, ncountry said:

Ha.ha. Heat upstairs? That IS luxurious. Dont tell my wife that most others have this luxury...lol

I agree....I didn't have it growing up, and never did either of my wives....In fact I STILL don't have it....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, moog5050 said:

If you leave precut melon from wegmans in it’s plastic container for about 2.5 weeks in the fridge, it turns to about 150 proof.   I was a bit too adventurous today in tasting the stuff in the back. Yowzers.   Now I see how they make prison wine.   Just let fruit sit!   Time to clean out fridge.  

Years ago when I worked at Sing Sing , we caught some inmates making “hootch”.They were using pigeon droppings for the yeast to make it into alcohol. Fun times. Lol

• Confused 1

My wife is the exact opposite. If I take the milk out just long enough to pour some she doesn't trust it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jeremy K said:

The secret ingredient in prison booze is to let it sit in the toilet. Perhaps BM7600 will be around to confirm , i bet he's seen his share of contraband .

No.....that’s the first place the Officers would look. If it’s found in your cell , you own it. They usually like to hide it in “common areas”.... i.e. slop sinks , showers , gym , flats etc... When it’s found you can’t pin it on anyone... unless you have a jailhouse snitch. Lol

16 hours ago, moog5050 said:

That new Raptor really cut into your Booze fund huh? 

16 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Fully offset by the new survival lint business. 

Actually frosted Pop Tarts burn really well too . I had i nice fire going in our toaster oven years ago . I’ve read they now carry a fire hazard warning label .

They’re  also one of the top items bought ahead of approaching hurricanes , so much so Wal Mart ships them from other stores to stores in the hurricane zone .

Fun food fact day ! 

https://www.southernliving.com/news/walmart-strawberry-pop-tarts-hurricane

Edited by Nomad

On 2/2/2021 at 3:20 PM, moog5050 said:

Last summer I tossed some old watermelon to the chickens.  They were walking sideways and like most drunk ladies, were quite loud. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1