Would be tough dragging!

sherlockgael

43 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I used to hunt a fenced cow, pasture ,it’s was an awesome spot . Actually not as good now that they got rid of the cows .

Some of my favorite spots are pastures.. I have stalked a few deer under cover of cows..lol..

One of the places I hunted had around 100 beefers running around. They didn't have much human contact and were pretty wild.. They bust you as quick as a deer. Once they started staring at you, you might as well move on..

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Pack her out for sure.   I will help with the tenderloins. 

Looks like a Holstein, which is a Milk cow. If she's been milking, she's going to be tuff.  

Slaughtered many milk cows over the yrs for various reasons.  Some are split hips, some open, and won't produce. Tenderloins are the only thing chewable, and that's if she's young.  

Otherwise, lots of burger...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mowin said:

Looks like a Holstein, which is a Milk cow. If she's been milking, she's going to be tuff.  

Slaughtered many milk cows over the yrs for various reasons.  Some are split hips, some open, and won't produce. Tenderloins are the only thing chewable, and that's if she's young.  

Otherwise, lots of burger...

Shows what I know about cows.  Lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ncountry said:

Some of my favorite spots are pastures.. I have stalked a few deer under cover of cows..lol..

One of the places I hunted had around 100 beefers running around. They didn't have much human contact and were pretty wild.. They bust you as quick as a deer. Once they started staring at you, you might as well move on..

If I parked by the barn, when I walked out they would follow me, and I’d pick up my pace . Mrs Nomad would call me a city boy .....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Halloween this year i had a bull behind the fence about 10 yards from me raking branches and knocked over a little dead tree making a big racket.  Shot my buck about 20 minutes later. I do like them on the other side of thefence though - esp horses they come running right at you.  When i was a kid my Dad and i trout fished a spot in Caz that had a bull out there.  How we did fishing those days depended on where the bull was.  If he wasnt out we went and worried about getting back later. Caught some nice trout! 

• Like 1