Well it is not good

cynthiafu

4 minutes ago, Shoots100 said:

It sucks, but as a responsible dog parent, I totally agree.

Somewhere there's a puppy waiting to be part of your family.

That’s the beauty of euthanasia for pets. end the suffering.  It’s too bad we can’t do it with humans......

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 6

46 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

If he’s suffering, it’s time to put him down.   

Sad but true . Our Beagle has bad hips, can’t  do stairs anymore , rear legs slide out to the side on the tile floor, is going deaf, and blind . He “ lays down “ by flopping over on his side . He gets me up three times each night to go, if we leave for more then two / three hours there’s a good chance he’ll poop on the floor ,tile thankfully.

But he eats well, we can take a walk around the block (6 tenths of a mile ) , he doesn’t appear to be in pain . That’s what the vet , concentrates on does he seem in pain ? 

Frankly for me it’s a mixed blessing , when it’s his time , we can leave the house for the day, or even travel once again .  He’s the only reason we’re not in FLA right now, with about everyone we know .

Best of luck .

Sorry Cynthia. We had to put our 18 year old dog down in October. It was tough to do, but she was suffering and we knew she wouldn't be getting any better. We couldn't let her suffer, just because we were being selfish and didn't want to let her go. It was the right thing to do...

RIP Max.