NYS Typical Archery Record broken?

BizCT

I believe this is old news from a year or two ago.  Not farm deer just suburban that are easily   targeted if you have the right few acres. Anything goes on LI you find all kinds of bait and stuff out there.  

The comments read like it happened this year and was officially scored. I asked who scored it. No word yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

21 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

The comments read like it happened this year and was officially scored. I asked who scored it. No word yet

I remember seeing the photo a year or two ago when I was a member of the ass filled Long Island Deer Hunting face book group. I could be wrong but I remember in the past a photo of two big bucks saying a new NYS record. 

Edited by First-light

I'm confused by the guy with 2 dead bucks

Yes one on his regular and one on a bow/muzzy. I don’t know if he got them this year,but definitely not fake or impossible for Long Island at all. I know guys the shoot big bucks every year and never mention it to anyone but a close circle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, rachunter said:

Yes one on his regular and one on a bow/muzzy. I don’t know if he got them this year,but definitely not fake or impossible for Long Island at all. I know guys the shoot big bucks every year and never mention it to anyone but a close circle.

Same day like Biz area?

Same day like Biz area?

Yes you actually start of with 5 tags. Once you fill the bucks there done. Doe tags are unlimited. I’ve taken two bucks and two doe the same day quite a few times. Depending where you are on the island the deer are out of control.

• Like 5

Same day like Biz area?

Yes you actually start of with 5 tags. Once you fill the bucks there done. Doe tags are unlimited. I’ve taken two bucks and two doe the same day quite a few times. Depending where you are on the island the deer are out of control.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Belo said:

I'm confused by the guy with 2 dead bucks

2 hours ago, suburbanfarmer said:

yeh same here. Does LI allow 2 bucks?

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Same day like Biz area?

Yes. No gun season on LI till January, so I'm assuming its like Westchester 3S where you can shoot both your bucks on 10/1 or 12/31 with the bow or anytime in between. and same with unlimited doe tags. Everytime you kill a doe you get a replacement tag.

It appears he (Dieter Herbert) has a bunch of big bucks killed and 10 years ago shot a huge bear too.
https://www.petersenshunting.com/editorial/teen-takes-possible-no-1-new-york-black-bear/273256
Does anyone know him? Maybe he can join the forum?

And steal Jerkman's SENYHOTY crown?

• Like 1