The Lack of Civility on the Left Has a Long History

23 minutes ago, Grouse said:

yep that is why trump was so effective   and they hate him for it he is the only one that throw it back  in there faces  call trump a name make up shit about him  he returns the favor 2 times as bad .  Dems not use to  there own tactics used against  them  the others just smile and ignore the insults  like bushy did for years they basically said the same things about him and  any republican  as they are with trump  its the same play book  used over and over again if mitt Romney was president they would do the same wouldn't matter  .

I couldn't agree more :

1)One day later, First lady Melania Trump was forced to call the Secret Service after another B-actor, Peter Fonda targeted her 11-year-old son, Barron Trump, saying “We should rip Barron Trump from his mother’s arms and put him in a cage with pedophiles and see if mother will stand up against the giant asshole she is married to…”

2)A Nebraska Democratic Party official found himself in hot water only days after Republican Congressman Steve Scalise was shot. An audio recording was posted on YouTube Thursday with Phil Montag, a technology chairman, voicing how glad he was that House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, R-La., got shot last week at a GOP baseball practice. Nebraska Democratic Party Chairwoman Jane Kleeb confirmed to FOX 42 News Thursday it was really his voice:

IMG_1076 (1).jpg

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, virgil said:

Nobody is claiming that only the Right does this nonsense. But the OP implies that it only comes from the Left. 

3 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

I think  his point is (barring a few exceptions here and there )that the majority comes from the left.

There is and was no implication just a statement regarding the Left having a long history of this.  What makes this so profound and hypocritical is that it is the Left that has the MSM and Celebrities claiming the left is virtuous and justified.  Recall "When they go low we go high"?  It is a false narrative.   It further fuels the "fake news" narrative and division.  Being on the Left and silent about it is also not helping; and defending it is worse.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, virgil said:

Nobody is claiming that only the Right does this nonsense. But the OP implies that it only comes from the Left. 

Can you list any ELECTED officials on the conservative side who do it?  How about any conservative celebrities?  Media people?  Wake up.

When did the left practice civility?

https://www.dailysignal.com/2021/01/28/liberals-want-a-return-to-civility-when-did-they-practice-it/

Edited by Grouse

40 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Can you list any ELECTED officials on the conservative side who do it?  How about any conservative celebrities?  Media people?  Wake up.

When did the left practice civility?

https://www.dailysignal.com/2021/01/28/liberals-want-a-return-to-civility-when-did-they-practice-it/

Trump was a beacon of civility,something we all should aspire to..

@Grouse,you sir are off your rocker.  Is that civil enough?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

Trump was a beacon of civility,something we all should aspire to..

@Grouse,you sir are off your rocker.  Is that civil enough?

Couldn't answer any of my questions, could you?

If that's your idea of civil, in order for you to insult me, I would first have to respect your opinion.

Edited by Grouse

17 minutes ago, virgil said:

It’s wrong no matter which side it’s coming from. Pretending that one side started it or does it more than the other is nonsense. 
A lot of thin-skinned whining is all it is. 

I agree with your first point but not the 2nd because, for many of us who view ourselves politically oriented to the right, the "other" side (to us )clearly engages in it far more than the other.

Currently, leftist "civility" is calling for a political lynching, rounding up Trump supporters and putting them in re-education camps, black listing people who worked for him and silencing all who speak in favor of his administration or his accomplishments.

The hypocrisy is laughable.

11 hours ago, Grouse said:

Currently, leftist "civility" is calling for a political lynching, rounding up Trump supporters and putting them in re-education camps, black listing people who worked for him and silencing all who speak in favor of his administration or his accomplishments.

The hypocrisy is laughable.

So is your view of the world. Your paranoia is boundless.

1 hour ago, BowmanMike said:

So is your view of the world. Your paranoia is boundless.

How is it paranoia when it is happening and it's all true?  It's called observant and informed. 

Your view of the world is controlled by denial.  Leftists love people like you who swallow whatever they tell you to.

Edited by Grouse

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

How is it paranoia when it is happening and it's all true?  It's called observant and informed. 

Your view of the world is controlled by denial.  Leftists love people like you who swallow whatever they tell you to.

My world view may not be 100% accurate,but i am thankful i dont have yours.