What's your bow holder?

Swamp_bucks

I installed the the third hand on my climber it works very well and I like the adjustment.I painted mine OD green just to get rid of the glare. 
I used to just lay my bow across the top of my climber till one day I adjusted in my seat and then watched my bow drop 20+ feet to the ground. 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 1

I gave a similar bow holder on my climber that I use when I need to take a puss or adjust my stand or need both hands free. Most times bow is across the front bar of the Summit.
I have mine attached to the standing platform since it’s allows for normal seating for transportation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good thread. Up until now I've laid the bow across the front bar of the climber. That works until it doesn't, so i've been looking for a way to secure the bow while i'm in stand. I've seen the Third Hand option but worry that it might rotate or that the bow might blow off with a good wind. I'm leaning toward the tree strap with a hanger on it setup that @BowmanMike mentioned. 

I use a clamp on bow holder in my ladder stands . Fastens tight and doesn't move . Keeps my bow in close reach . 

I could never get the Third Hand tight enough so that it wouldn't move on me . Maybe I didn't have it adjusted right . I will have to look around as I have a couple somewhere . 

bow holder.jpg

bowholder.jpg

• 6 months later...

I never actually hang my bow up ,I’m either standing with an arrow nocked and ready ,or sitting with the arrow nocked .I don’t trust myself to be scrambling trying to get prepared for a shot .It’s does get a bit uncomfortable,but does not affect my shot .

Edited by WNYTRPR
  • Like 1

For the life of me I can NOT understand how any bow hunter in NYS can hold onto their implement the entire time they're in a stand.  Beside the shear boredom of holding the darn thing what the heck do you do when temps get below freezing or even in the teens?

God forbid it rains or snows........what do you do if you need to text a story to your wife or buddy?   Take a wiz? It sure doesn't make it easy to use binoculars!

I look forward to your replies. :)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

For the life of me I can NOT understand how any bow hunter in NYS can hold onto their implement the entire time they're in a stand.  Beside the shear boredom of holding the darn thing what the heck do you do when temps get below freezing or even in the teens?

God forbid it rains or snows........what do you do if you need to text a story to your wife or buddy?   Take a wiz? It sure doesn't make it easy to use binoculars!

Hold it in until done ,or just let it flow lol ,you also get to be a pretty good multi tasker.Also do the same with gun .

Edited by WNYTRPR

49 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Temps in the teens ? I’m home . It’s easy I sit mostly ,and the bow rests across my silky smooth thighs , first or last light I stand and hold the bow ,with the release attached to it . 

I also don’t use  rifle sling , gun in hand or lap,mostly , I have a para cord loop on it so I can hang it if I need to hang one ….

oh and in bow season I sit maybe three hours in the morning and an hour and a half in the afternoon . Never have never will sit all day . That’s crazy .

Edited by Nomad

I look forward to your replies.

Mine sits on the rails of the climber. I always have a hand on the string just in case I bump it. Most times I’m standing. If I gotta go. I have one of the c-shaped bow holders on the foot platform..pee off the other side!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, dbHunterNY said:

bow is hung at head height and most of the time in my lap holding it. i don't need that kind of movement and time consuming steps when a deer appears out of thin air.

When it's the first hr and last the bow is always in hand. This holder will come in nice for those all day sits and when I just need to stretch or in the freezing cold since I don't where gloves while bowhunting