ATI Cavalry 28ga

I just picked up an ATI Cavalry in 28ga.. Anyone here shoot one? IT was closest to my budget and I shot the 410 model for trap shooting, a few years back and loved it. This gun will be my go to turkey gun with TSS handloads, as well as Trap and Bunny hunting with the neighbors beagles. Cant wait to use it. Ive wanted a O/U for many many years.. And felt 28 would fit the void perfectly as I dont have either, the gauge gun nor the style.   

• Like 3

I've been shooting/hunting with 28ga shotguns for a long time, though never for turkey.

While I haven't shot an ATI O/U, I've shot many Turkish made O/U's and have been using a Turkish made Mossberg silver reserve 28ga as a clays trainer for years now.

The ATI has very positive reviews on all of the site's I've checked, so have fun with it and hopefully we'll see some pics of it with a dead turkey this spring.

• Like 1

Congratulations on your new 28 ga, I scratched my 28 ga itch some years back first with a CZ side by side and recently with a Tri Star over and under. I enjoy shooting both on clay targets and small game hunting.

Like your ATI my two are made in Turkey which has become a major player in the firearms industry in recent years especially when it comes to decent quality doubles at affordable prices.

The only drawback I have found with the 28 ga is finding ammo and which can be high priced when it is found, I solved that problem with a Mec 28 ga loader and now roll my own.

Anyhow good luck Turkey hunting with your new ATI 28 ga.

Al

• Like 1

1 hour ago, airedale said:

Congratulations on your new 28 ga, I scratched my 28 ga itch some years back first with a CZ side by side and recently with a Tri Star over and under. I enjoy shooting both on clay targets and small game hunting.

Like your ATI my two are made in Turkey which has become a major player in the firearms industry in recent years especially when it comes to decent quality doubles at affordable prices.

The only drawback I have found with the 28 ga is finding ammo and which can be high priced when it is found, I solved that problem with a Mec 28 ga loader and now roll my own.

Anyhow good luck Turkey hunting with your new ATI 28 ga.

Al

Right now, it seems that the odd ball ammo is the easiest to find.  28 ga was the only shotgun ammo on the Walmart shelves this week, at the two locations I visited.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Very nice shotty!!! C'mon man.......you know the deal, pic's please!!!!

Took me forever to figure out how to get pictures on here. I got a new phone and it won’t let me email them and insert pics on the website. So I downloaded tapatalk on the new phone so her goes. Sorry it’s been so long. It’s currently being setup for turkey. Indian creek choke up top and full choke in bottom barrel for now. When nicer weather comes I’ll pattern it with. The 1.5oz tungsten loads I have for it.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIMG_4808.jpgIMG_4806.jpg
  • Like 6

Never heard of a 1.5 oz load for 28ga.

I use a 1 oz heavy load with 7.5 for my second shot when afield, if needed.

That 1oz wad has a pretty small base, so the 1.5 oz load must just use a shot cup.

With the advertised FPS of that load, you'd better keep your shots close.