What would you buy

Chef

2K? I could get 3-4 for that on a normal day. These days, one might get a couple boxes of ammo for that.

Lets see.......

An AR15 in .223 for my wife.

For me? A bolt action with a wood stock! I love the guns I own, but I want some walnut in the mix. Most likely in either 7MM Mag or .270.

1 hour ago, G-Man said:

An original sharps in 45-120. 

I dont think Sharps originally made any in 45-120...Quigley shot a 45-110 which was a rare custom gun even back when Sharps were commonly used. My father in law had a modern Sharps made up in 45-120. Beautiful rifle, but the recoil can make a big mean guy cry, and shells even 15 years ago were pretty much strictly custom order .

I’d turn that 2k into 2 guns. A left handed 270 bolt gun with nice glass for my daughter for when she gets old enough to hunt deer in a couple of years.

Then for myself a hunting revolver with scope. Maybe a Ruger Redhawk as they seem to be popular here amongst the members.

I’d have to do some research to get more specific details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not much out there on my wish list. I recently bought and rough sited in a new Mauser M18 in .308, mounted with a Leupold 2-7. Great, beautiful mfg, best trigger pull I ever had. It is time to semi -retire my near 100 year old Oberndorf 98 Mauser. Lots of life left but time to bring my main shooting arm into the 21st century....which brings me to the only rifle that I really want now....

A northern PA style flintlock, probably about 50 cal. I can get what I want built for around 2800., but a kit will still use up most of the 2 grand.

I would also turn to into 2 guns, a Marlin 336 30/30 with a Redfield Revolution 2-7 scope, and a T/C encore 50 cal ML with fiber optic sights.

That would give me a fair weather mountain deer rifle (something I currently "borrow" from my father in law.  A foul weather ML is something I am lacking bit sure would have been handy last season when it rained thru most of the early northern zone ML week.

$ 2k would get both of those plus a considerable quantity of ammo.  I am guessing that 30/30 ammo will be back on the shelves, at regular prices, by May 1.