What would you buy

Chef

A quality  28 gauge SXS, blued, nice walnut and double triggers....

OR  a quality  bolt action rifle in 6.5 x 55, 7x57, or 8x57, blued, walnut, of course...

OR   a tactical type 12 gauge shotgun  that holds LOTS of shells, and  enough  00 buck to keep the riff raff off my lawn, at least until my beer and groceries run out, after which I don't GAS......

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Pygmy said:

The Valentine's Weekend Special at Mabel's House of Pleasure  !!!

Oh wait a minute...You said a GUN, didn't you....Gotta think on that awhile...

This is to buy a gun . Not to have a GunChick polish your old gun . But it should count as money well spent :)

• Like 1

On 2/14/2021 at 8:26 AM, Daveboone said:

I dont think Sharps originally made any in 45-120...Quigley shot a 45-110 which was a rare custom gun even back when Sharps were commonly used. My father in law had a modern Sharps made up in 45-120. Beautiful rifle, but the recoil can make a big mean guy cry, and shells even 15 years ago were pretty much strictly custom order .

The 1874 model was made in 45 70 ,,45 110 a d 45 100, the 120 being chamberd later by other manufactors.. 2k would not buy an original in any of these in good condition ,but an ealry 120 would be I. Price range.

Recoil is not an issue , 45 cal with 120 grains of powder is lot less than today's  45 cal shooing 150 grains guys max out their muzzleloaders with.  

Edited by G-Man

I am not big gun guy as I dont hunt with them but that doesn't stop me from owning a couple dozen.

I just ordered a mark V for my son in 243 just incase he decides he wants to rifle at some point. Right now he is pretty well set practicing with his bow and is couple years out from hunting.

Anyway here is what I ordered.

Weatherby mark V Camilla Ultra lightweight in 243 win.

Going to top off with one of the below, sticking with a 1"tube and no dials
Swaro Z3 3x9x36
Meopta optika5 2x10x42
Leupold VX-3hd 2.5-8x36