Kennedy ny deer hunting

Cory

Any member ever hunt down in Kennedy Chautauqua county? My buddies mom recently passed and left him the house and 140 acres. My buddy does not hunt and said go ahead and hunt just share the meat. The land has never been hunted in the 43 years my buddy has been alive. What I’m basically asking is good deer numbers? Only thing he says lots of bears!

If it hasnt been hunted in 43 years, you can assume that the deer hunting will be pretty good. Problem is I highly doubt it hasnt been hunted. people quickly find out when a piece hasnt been hunted in a while and they will sneak on. Im sure the numbers will be alright, you just have to go in and hunt it

• Like 1

I have my own land also. I will probably hunt it hard during bow and after the gun opener. After the gun opener seeing a deer around my area is very bleak. From my understanding is she would do rounds around the land to make sure nobody hunted it. She was a tough woman! Here’s to hoping I guess!

• Like 1

Offer to post it for your buddy and put up some cameras (take the necessary precautions with this) to help send the message. It’s good that he lives there, as that “may” help. It took a couple years of being really, really strict to get people to generally stay off my ground.

I’d be real surprised if it was patrolled as well as we’d all like to hope!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk