Ammo Maker Steps Up

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and invite scorn and rebuke from you guys and disagree with their stance.  Let me tell you why:

EVERY privately owned business has a right to do business with whoever they choose --that is clear.  But do you really want this precedent to be established where businesses are asserting this right everyehwere and anywhere? This will open a floodgate IMHO and it a slippery slope.  When if a bunch of libtard restaraunt owners decided to throw your butts out cuz you voted for Trump? See what I'm saying?  Also, if you support their perogative to survey their customers and disqualify those who voted for Biden, does that mean you support the right for Twitter to summarily ban many conservatives the way that they have? Or google and Amazon based on business moves that theyve made? If you were against that then i would say your position appears hypocritical, although its not "quite" an apples-to-apples comparison because Twitter holds a monoply on social media and can effectively silence those they ban.   In contrast, this ammo company in Michigan does not hold a monoply on ammo purchasing so those Biden voters could, conceiveably , go elsewhere for their ammo if they wanted. 

• Like 1

Perhaps you haven't noticed the left, has for years now, been doing to Conservatives exactly what this gun shop is doing to Biden supporters.  This is the way this shop has decided to show leftists how they appear to conservatives.

Until the left decides to stop blackballing conservatives with their "cancel culture" war, turnabout is fair play.  Conservatives didn't start this fire, they're trying to put it out.  The leftists are not listening, and now that they have power, are ramping up their bludgeoning of any and all opposition to their political ideology.  They are the danger right now, because they have no intention of letting up until they have complete control over everything in our lives.

Anyone who is aware of all the things they are doing today would have to lie to themselves to believe this isn't the case.

Yes, I have but I would  invoke the old adage "Two wrongs dont make a right" in reply.  I'm with you in sharing the anger and frustration for all that they (i.e., the Left) do and the hypocrisy they engage in , but I do feel this is the wrong approach.  It could ultimately degenerate into a "tit-for-tat" type of dynamic which is never ending and lose-lose for all and, sadly, is likely to IMHO.

1 hour ago, Northcountryman said:

Yes, I have but I would  invoke the old adage "Two wrongs dont make a right" in reply.  I'm with you in sharing the anger and frustration for all that they (i.e., the Left) do and the hypocrisy they engage in , but I do feel this is the wrong approach.  It could ultimately degenerate into a "tit-for-tat" type of dynamic which is never ending and lose-lose for all and, sadly, is likely to IMHO.

Your error is believing there could ever be a "win-win" with the left

• Like 2

Conservatives will not win with this approach--essentially, becoming that which you abhor.  I like to think that we are better men than them and can transend personal feelings, avoid  visceral responses based entirely on emotion.  A new Tyrant replacing an old Tyrant results in the same outcome for the citizenry: Tyranny. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Conservatives will not win with this approach--essentially, becoming that which you abhor.  I like to think that we are better men than them and can transend personal feelings, avoid  visceral responses based entirely on emotion.  A new Tyrant replacing an old Tyrant results in the same outcome for the citizenry: Tyranny. 

Come on man. You honestly believe you can find common ground with the left regarding gun control? They have proven time and time again that they have NO desire to do that...none. It isn't about feelings or emotion. It's facts based on their approach and laws. 

• Like 2

Well, probably not, but I'm not talking about gun control necessarily here--I'm talkling about excluding others in a business situation based on who they voted for.  I think thats wrong...period.  Again, I understand the ammo companies point of view--hell , I'm inclined to agree with them and would feel the compulsion to do the same if it were my company.  But its the wrong approach , I believe because it results in oppressing others because we ourselves are being oppressed (well, at least potentially we are ). All I'm saying is that it could trigger a never ending cycle of retaliation.  The Dems never seem to take that into consideration when they make choices  because many of them--especially their current leaders--have no honor, but we do... right?

6 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Well, probably not, but I'm not talking about gun control necessarily here--I'm talkling about excluding others in a business situation based on who they voted for.  I think thats wrong...period.  Again, I understand the ammo companies point of view--hell , I'm inclined to agree with them and would feel the compulsion to do the same if it were my company.  But its the wrong approach , I believe because it results in oppressing others because we ourselves are being oppressed (well, at least potentially we are ). All I'm saying is that it could trigger a never ending cycle of retaliation.  The Dems never seem to take that into consideration when they make choices  because many of them--especially their current leaders--have no honor, but we do... right?

We'll have to agree to disagree. My biggest complaint about Trump and the Republicans when they held control in the first two years, we should have taken every opportunity to grind the left into dust and dismantle them as an institution. We didn't and watch what happens now. I certainly see NOTHING wrong with what this business did. Hell, the left is in favor of making a business provide service when it goes against the business's beliefs and has proven that with lawsuits in the past. Why would an ammo seller provide service to those that support an administration and political view that will likely make their business less successful if they are lucky to stay in business at all. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

We'll have to agree to disagree. My biggest complaint about Trump and the Republicans when they held control in the first two years, we should have taken every opportunity to grind the left into dust and dismantle them as an institution. We didn't and watch what happens now. I certainly see NOTHING wrong with what this business did. Hell, the left is in favor of making a business provide service when it goes against the business's beliefs and has proven that with lawsuits in the past. Why would an ammo seller provide service to those that support an administration and political view that will likely make their business less successful if they are lucky to stay in business at all. 

You’ll never grind the left into dust — it will never happen , same as the reverse will never happen to the right as well. There will always be opposition , Or opposing points of view in any given electorate , and that’s actually a good thing ... well , it is most of the time , at least . I think think we need to stick to our principles 100 % or the time when dealing with our political opponents and try , as much as possible , to find common ground . Once we become real people to them , it’s much harder for them to demonize us , much the same in reverse As well. That’s the only way we’ll win this struggle and I am confident that we will .  

image.jpeg

image.png

As someone who voted for Biden, I could really care less. I had never heard of them before this, so they wouldn't have gotten my business if they did want it. Shoot, the press will probably increase their business, so good for them. I also see they were one of those places that took a "No Masks Allowed" stance for "safety" purposes. One of the local shops near me lost my business because of their "no masks allowed" policy. I'm not a high volume buyer, so I'm sure it's not a big deal to either one of us. The way I see it, as a consumer, I can choose who I do business with, and as a business, they can as well. Of course that hinges on discriminatory practices, which I think most would agree, this isn't. 

And let's be honest, having a pop-up that asks if you voted for Biden when you go to their website isn't really "refusing to serve". I like to think I'm a fairly honest fellow, but that pop-up isn't exactly a barrier for purchase. I like to think I'm a fairly honest fellow, but I didn't have any issue entering their website. They're sold out of everything like everyone else anyways...

Edited by Splitear

9 minutes ago, Splitear said:

As someone who voted for Biden, I could really care less. I had never heard of them before this, so they wouldn't have gotten my business if they did want it. Shoot, the press will probably increase their business, so good for them. I also see they were one of those places that took a "No Masks Allowed" stance for "safety" purposes. One of the local shops near me lost my business because of their "no masks allowed" policy. I'm not a high volume buyer, so I'm sure it's not a big deal to either one of us. The way I see it, as a consumer, I can choose who I do business with, and as a business, they can as well. Of course that hinges on discriminatory practices, which I think most would agree, this isn't. 

And let's be honest, having a pop-up that asks if you voted for Biden when you go to their website isn't really "refusing to serve". I like to think I'm a fairly honest fellow, but that pop-up isn't exactly a barrier for purchase. 

It is if your honest in your response 

2 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

It is if your honest in your response 

Oh trust me, if someone doesn't want my business, they won't get it. I have no issue with that.

Besides, everyone on the internet is 100% honest :) 

Edited by Splitear
  • Like 1

Well , i don’t think that’s the point though . My belief is that it is wrong to disqualify a potential patron Of a business based on their voting patterns and sets a dangerous precedent . If this becomes the norm , then our democracy is in serious danger , I fear . The Dems started it with the Twitter / Google / Amazon nonsense which is wrong , And now it continues . Eventually , it will be nearly impossible to exercise ones suffrage without persecution in some way , shape or form And that is disturbing . And Ultimately , we’ll end up like the Soviet Union or China , with one choice only, but hey, at least it’ll be easier cuz everyone’s voting the same way !! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Well , i don’t think that’s the point though . My belief is that it is wrong to disqualify a potential patron Of a business based on their voting patterns and sets a dangerous precedent . If this becomes the norm , then our democracy is in serious danger , I fear . The Dems started it with the Twitter / Google / Amazon nonsense which is wrong , And now it continues . Eventually , it will be nearly impossible to exercise ones suffrage without persecution in some way , shape or form And that is disturbing . And Ultimately , we’ll end up like the Soviet Union or China , with one choice only, but hey, at least it’ll be easier cuz everyone’s voting the same way !! 

Too funny, I'm so used to getting attacked on here when I mention that I voted for Biden, that I didn't get your point. Seeing who it was coming from, I should have known better. That is entirely my fault for assuming your intent, sorry.

I'm not saying I agree with this policy, and I agree with most every point you've raised. I don't need to rehash them, you did a good job of presenting that point of view. I guess what I'm saying, is as the "target" (too harsh of a word, I know), I'm not too worried about this companies policies. 

Edited by Splitear

6 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Thanks , man and I got you. I’m sorry that you’re attacked too ; I wish that didn’t and wouldn’t happen as well , but it does . You vote for whoever you damn well please , I say ! What can be more of an American Sentiment than that , right ?! :taunt:

It's fine, it comes with the territory I guess. I've tried to stop posting in the political section so much, mainly because things go off the rails with some folks when they smell a "leftist" in the room. Funny thing is, I never realized I was one until I joined this forum :) I've sunk myself a couple of times by getting too invested in this sub-forum.

And your last point is spot on!

Edited by Splitear
  • Like 1

If a man comes up to you and sucker punches you in the face, you should not fight back, because two wrongs don't make a right?

We are already in a fight, the left started it and they continue to throw punches.  They are not interested in compromise.  They are demanding submission.  The situation is way beyond civil discourse.  They are not playing by any rules.  If conservatives do, they will lose this fight and regret they chose to be "right".

What if America never fought back during WWII?  Where would we be now?  Sometimes the "right" thing to do is destroy evil, because nothing will ever be right afterwards if we don't.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

If a man comes up to you and sucker punches you in the face, you should not fight back, because two wrongs don't make a right?

We are already in a fight, the left started it and they continue to throw punches.  They are not interested in compromise.  They are demanding submission.  The situation is way beyond civil discourse.  They are not playing by any rules.  If conservatives do, they will lose this fight and regret they chose to be "right".

What if America never fought back during WWII?  Where would we be now?  Sometimes the "right" thing to do is destroy evil, because nothing will ever be right afterwards if we don't.

But who exactly constitutes "The Evil"  is my question? Are you just including extreme left-wingers in that characterization, or anyone who voted for Joe Biden? If so, thats ALOT of fellow Americans youre classifying as "Evil" and , I'm Sorry, but I just think thats very extreme. Do you think that the guys that are left-of-center on this forum fit into that category also? I dont--I think they just have an opposing point of view and if things actually  got that bad, they'd have your back. And  Isnt that the same kind of rhetoric that alot of left wingers are  using against us right now? You see, if both sides continue to demonize the other, using language like " They 're evil and must be destroyed"(and trust me, many of them feel just as strongly as you that we're the evil ones, not them) , then there is no chance of finding common ground , or having a real conversation; and as a consequence, were definitely sure to fight.  Who would win?  The Chinese IMHO

Anyone who wants to take away your rights, supports those who want to take away your rights or votes for those who want to take away your rights, is evil, regardless of whether they're smart enough to realize how dangerous that is.

That's what Biden voters did.

Did Trump take away your rights?  Did his supporters?  Did things get worse when he was POTUS?  Where is the evil there?

Conservatives can clearly itemize the things leftists support that are evil.  Abortion would be at the top of the list.  How are conservatives evil?  Can they make a list?  One that is logical I mean.

Edited by Grouse