Ammo Maker Steps Up

My friend, you and I agree politically on virtually everything--youll get no arguments here about Trumps Presidency and the MAGA movement in terms of what it did for this country.  All am I'm saying is that I wouldnt be so quick to assume that nearly 80 million voters (probably less than that in reality cuz they cheated!! but lets use that number for arguments sake)are "evil" and "your enemies" just because they voted for an alternative candidate--thats all.  If the guys on here that are left of center are representative of the vast majority of left-leaning voters out there, then I believe that we could definitely find ALOT of common ground as it pertains to most issues, including the 2nd A. 

34 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

My friend, you and I agree politically on virtually everything--youll get no arguments here about Trumps Presidency and the MAGA movement in terms of what it did for this country.  All am I'm saying is that I wouldnt be so quick to assume that nearly 80 million voters (probably less than that in reality cuz they cheated!! but lets use that number for arguments sake)are "evil" and "your enemies" just because they voted for an alternative candidate--thats all.  If the guys on here that are left of center are representative of the vast majority of left-leaning voters out there, then I believe that we could definitely find ALOT of common ground as it pertains to most issues, including the 2nd A. 

You don't get it. It isn't about who they voted for it's about what they support and believe in and that led them to vote for Biden. 

2 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

You don't get it. It isn't about who they voted for it's about what they support and believe in and that led them to vote for Biden. 

Read Grouses post--he appears to be talking about EVERY Biden voter , I believe, regardless of what motivated them to vote for him.  Thats why I was seeking clarification, because I think that is extreme.  The actual number of activist/ anti 2nd A types are a rather small contingent, ill bet, in the democrat party, but admittedly, I dont know know that for a fact.  If I'm wrong, then we're in trouble, for sure .

22 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Read Grouses post--he appears to be talking about EVERY Biden voter , I believe, regardless of what motivated them to vote for him.  Thats why I was seeking clarification, because I think that is extreme.  The actual number of activist/ anti 2nd A types are a rather small contingent, ill bet, in the democrat party, but admittedly, I dont know know that for a fact.  If I'm wrong, then we're in trouble, for sure .

I think you may be right. I know some people that like @Splitearown firearms but voted for Biden. And just BTW @splitear is a really good guy that no matter who he voted for wants nothing but the best for everyone on this forum. His best and my best are two different things. There are others on this forum as well. I don't want to put words in their mouth but i think they look at gun control differently. They look at "common sense" gun laws as ok. The problem is what is common sense to me and what is common sense to them are two different things. They talk about the need for a national background check and everyone says that's ok. Even i don't think anyone should be able to just buy a firearm on a whim without some sort of background check. But this is already in place. You can't buy a firearm without a background check. (and i believe this is against the 2nd amendment) What they want and don't say is a national database. That isn't ok with me. Maybe it is too others. Get rid of high capacity mags and scary looking black rifles? That makes sense to some that might only own a shotgun and their grandfathers old rifle but it doesn't too me....I believe the 2nd amendment is VERY clear and any gun control law is against the 2nd amendment. (not that i don't think there should be some laws) The 2nd amendment was created to allow the citizens to fight against tyranny. IMO that should allow me the same weapons i would be fighting that tyranny with.....

One of my best friends started working on getting her pistol permit last April. Shelled out the money to purchase a beautiful Sig 9mm. She still doesn't have her permit yet. I believe she is done dancing through all the hoops and now is just waiting. Is this going to be the new process for buying a rifle? It's what the process is now for a hand gun....Is that acceptable to something that is supposed to be a right? It isn't to me, there are some that would say its just right, not enough....etc. To me it's ridiculous....

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

One of my best friends started working on getting her pistol permit last April. Shelled out the money to purchase a beautiful Sig 9mm. She still doesn't have her permit yet. I believe she is done dancing through all the hoops and now is just waiting. Is this going to be the new process for buying a rifle? It's what the process is now for a hand gun....Is that acceptable to something that is supposed to be a right? It isn't to me, there are some that would say its just right, not enough....etc. To me it's ridiculous....

And it seems that those that support these kind of restrictions lose their minds whenever voter ID is brought up. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

And it seems that those that support these kind of restrictions lose their minds whenever voter ID is brought up. 

...and that is clearly inconsistent rationale and perhaps, hypocritical to boot; but lets not be inconsistent and hypocritical ourselves, I say.  Many on here have decried the tactics currently being used by the left to marginalize us conservatives: banning people on Twitter based on their views, calling for deprogramming MAGA supporters, refusing to do business with MAGA supporters, etc...nonsense such as that.  And theyre feelings clearly have merit as I feel the same way.  But lets not turn around and justify the same activity or tactics being used  by conservatives against those on the left because THAT IS HYPOCRISY and it has no place in this world.  We are above that crap and always will treat our political opponents fairly and with respect and dignity; likewise, we demand--and expect--such treatment  to be reciprocated...or am I being too optimistic?

36 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

...and that is clearly inconsistent rationale and perhaps, hypocritical to boot; but lets not be inconsistent and hypocritical ourselves, I say.  Many on here have decried the tactics currently being used by the left to marginalize us conservatives: banning people on Twitter based on their views, calling for deprogramming MAGA supporters, refusing to do business with MAGA supporters, etc...nonsense such as that.  And theyre feelings clearly have merit as I feel the same way.  But lets not turn around and justify the same activity or tactics being used  by conservatives against those on the left because THAT IS HYPOCRISY and it has no place in this world.  We are above that crap and always will treat our political opponents fairly and with respect and dignity; likewise, we demand--and expect--such treatment  to be reciprocated...or am I being too optimistic?

I don't think there is anything wrong with being optimistic. I have always been an optimistic person but I feel like i have lost some of that with all the BS the last year. The double standard is ridiculous. Look at the capitol riots this past summer where they tried to burn the church down. Spun as peaceful protests. What happened in Portland etc.  Now we have a wall and national guard troops when it was Trump supporters. Not that i  condone what they did either but they act like we are terrorists. All of us....The cancel culture etc. Look at all the stores that dropped my pillow. For what? Questioning an election where the worst candidate ever got way more votes than anyone in history? I question it as well. I actually more than question it, i don't believe it for a second. So now i don't believe in our democracy or the president we have was actually elected and his policies will affect my everyday life. How am i supposed to remain optimistic?

• Like 2

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and invite scorn and rebuke from you guys and disagree with their stance.  Let me tell you why:
EVERY privately owned business has a right to do business with whoever they choose --that is clear.  But do you really want this precedent to be established where businesses are asserting this right everyehwere and anywhere? This will open a floodgate IMHO and it a slippery slope.  When if a bunch of libtard restaraunt owners decided to throw your butts out cuz you voted for Trump? See what I'm saying?  Also, if you support their perogative to survey their customers and disqualify those who voted for Biden, does that mean you support the right for Twitter to summarily ban many conservatives the way that they have? Or google and Amazon based on business moves that theyve made? If you were against that then i would say your position appears hypocritical, although its not "quite" an apples-to-apples comparison because Twitter holds a monoply on social media and can effectively silence those they ban.   In contrast, this ammo company in Michigan does not hold a monoply on ammo purchasing so those Biden voters could, conceiveably , go elsewhere for their ammo if they wanted. 

I personally love it. We still “for now” have a free market driven by supply and demand. If one business decides they don’t want to sell to a certain people another business will come in and sell to that certain people. I don’t want to spend my money in a place that supports opposite views as me, there are many places I refuse to shop because of opposing views. . If I was gay I wouldn’t want someone that doesn’t like gays making my wedding cake, I would simply find somewhere else to make it that does. I don’t shop at dicks because they don’t support my 2nd amendment rights.

A business should have the right to sell to whoever they want and to deny whoever they want just as a buyer does!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk in

4 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

I see, and are you ok with Twitter banning conservatives just because theyre conservatives?

I know you weren't asking me, but Twitter isn't a private company. Its is publicly owned and we can buy into. To me that is totally different than a private business. Same with Facebook and Google......Public and private companies are two different things....

4 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

I know you weren't asking me, but Twitter isn't a private company. Its is publicly owned and we can buy into. To me that is totally different than a private business. Same with Facebook and Google......Public and private companies are two different things....

Yes, You raise an excellent point: I like that!  So, as long as the company is 100% private (i.e., doesnt have stock holders...right?) then, they are free to do business (or not)  with whoever they choose...not bad!! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Twitter is public, completely different. However it honestly doesn’t bother me, I don’t like it so I don’t use Twitter, same with FB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, but you should if theyre the only game in town (for now) which they are, so, theyre ban is incredibly effective at silencing prople whom they disagree with--such as you and I--and is unjustifiable.  Youre right--theyre public--and that should make a difference and I agree with that differentiation; But somehow, theyre still gettin away with it--Why? Because they hold a monoply on social media currently. I think that We conservatives gotta do somethin about that!!!

• Like 1

Yes, but you should if theyre the only game in town (for now) which they are, so, theyre ban is incredibly effective at silencing prople whom they disagree with--such as you and I--and is unjustifiable.  Youre right--theyre public--and that should make a difference and I agree with that differentiation; But somehow, theyre still gettin away with it--Why? Because they hold a monoply on social media currently. I think that We conservatives gotta do somethin about that!!!

The why is easy, if they were on our side and costed the left votes it would have been shut down years ago!

It’s not right but I still don’t think it’s the governments responsibility to step in.

1 minute ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

The why is easy, if they were on our side and costed the left votes it would have been shut down years ago!

It’s not right but I still don’t think it’s the governments responsibility to step in.

Neither do I ; thats why their must be an alternative out there--and there will be , Im sure (I hope!).

"It is true that [the provisions of the Bill of Rights] were designed to meet ancient evils. But they are the same kind of human evils that have emerged from century to century whenever excessive power is sought by the few at the expense of the many." —Justice Hugo L. Black (1886-1971)

It is fundamental to Judaism and Christianity that 'the will of man's heart is evil from his youth' (Genesis 8:21)

Edited by Grouse

On 2/17/2021 at 1:00 PM, Buckmaster7600 said:

I personally love it.

And so do I, as far as I am concerned I would be a total hypocrite being chummy or having anything to do with anyone who voted for a person and party that is against just about everything my life revolves around!!

Back stabbers!

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 3